Who else uses Bound Weapons ONLY?

#1Scorex_VIIPosted 3/16/2013 12:41:08 AM
Have to say...Its damn fun being so underpowered lol. Obviously, i have the OP combo of illusion and conjuration, but my Bound dagger (Mystic binding, only 1/5 in armsman for now) is only OSK a few enemies, while stronger Draugr and bandits require a bit more of strategy, in Master. I actually have to use my potions and all my other spells, go figure! Having VL helps a LOT too, but i only use that in extreme battles, like almost all dragons and, for example, the final room of that dungeon where we meet the silver hand the first time...

Have to say, im being OSK by almost anything, especially power attacks and damn archers... Its fun!

TL;DR: Who else limits himself on purpose in terms of equipement? Like Bound Weapons only, no smithing, no enchanting etc.
#2Semi-AutomaticPosted 3/16/2013 1:01:14 AM
Scorex_VII posted...
Have to say...Its damn fun being so underpowered lol. Obviously, i have the OP combo of illusion and conjuration, but my Bound dagger (Mystic binding, only 1/5 in armsman for now) is only OSK a few enemies, while stronger Draugr and bandits require a bit more of strategy, in Master. I actually have to use my potions and all my other spells, go figure! Having VL helps a LOT too, but i only use that in extreme battles, like almost all dragons and, for example, the final room of that dungeon where we meet the silver hand the first time...

Have to say, im being OSK by almost anything, especially power attacks and damn archers... Its fun!

TL;DR: Who else limits himself on purpose in terms of equipement? Like Bound Weapons only, no smithing, no enchanting etc.

I do as well. I generally gimp the hell out of myself especially in the early goings of making accounts. It takes time to get the ball rolling on certain builds. Since I mainly focusing on making different builds with lore around them they require certain clothing, abilities, and specific things to make them a successful character.

Once the ball gets rolling and I get my abilities though I usually become pretty powerful. I always have an ultimate goal of being very strong in the game. However, since the two years the game has been out I've NEVER smithed anything. It's FAR to overpowered and boring. I've only used 100 enchanting once on a character because I was making him a Daedric Lord in human form and I figured he would likely be able to cast spells without cost. Other than that I try to make the game moderately challenging, but no overly easy or hard. It's just annoying getting one hit killed by everything as it killing everything in one hit.
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#3Scorex_VII(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:35:19 AM
I dont mind getting killed by one hit, but sometimes high level enemies take waaaaaay too long to kill, make those battles really exciting, as one mistake is your doom. Took me so much to clear that single dungeon, damn Draugr and silver hand...

In this build im focusing in Illusion, sneak,necromancy and the dawnguard DLC undead summons (Yet to reach the Soul Cairn tho), while only using bound weapons. A good assassin can kill without weapons... I just pretend that those summons are my old victims lol. Plus, good assassins dont use weapons... Bound weapons cant be used as proof!
#4lunarswordPosted 3/16/2013 4:40:11 AM
Scorex_VII posted...
I dont mind getting killed by one hit, but sometimes high level enemies take waaaaaay too long to kill, make those battles really exciting, as one mistake is your doom. Took me so much to clear that single dungeon, damn Draugr and silver hand...

In this build im focusing in Illusion, sneak,necromancy and the dawnguard DLC undead summons (Yet to reach the Soul Cairn tho), while only using bound weapons. A good assassin can kill without weapons... I just pretend that those summons are my old victims lol. Plus, good assassins dont use weapons... Bound weapons cant be used as proof!

Sounds like my character.

Quiet Cast + Frenzy + Zombies + Sneak/Invisible + Bound Bow = Win
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#5Scorex_VII(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:48:43 AM
lunarsword posted...
Scorex_VII posted...

Sounds like my character.

Quiet Cast + Frenzy + Zombies + Sneak/Invisible + Bound Bow = Win

Hehe pretty much. Incredible fun too. I have my Armour rating and health really low to better fit the character. Pretty nasty, evil and moral ambiguous to use a corpse to fight AGAIN his buddie...The buddie that killed him few seconds ago lol. All that while getting hit by bound weapons/bound bow. After all the carnage...You didnt even used a "real" weapon... No proof of your involvement! Master assassin >:)