Character Build (morrowind)

#1the_arisenPosted 3/16/2013 3:54:17 PM
Aright guys. I wanna make a character on Morrowind that I am going to say lives up to the 4th era and then I am going to make him in Skyrim also.

I am thinking about a monk type build since I never really played that class before on either game. Kinda like a Gandhi type fellow, or a shaolin monk type. I have been pondering this a while, and I get a little stuck on what exactly his skills will be. I know the type of character he will be, peaceful monk from Cyrodiil who for various reasons gets imprisoned and sent to Morrowind (he will not be the Nerevarine as I wont do the main quest). His entire order has been destroyed and now he finds himself on the dangerous island of Vvardenfell, were if he wants to survive he will have to give up his pacifist ways.

Here is the hard part... What skills do I give him. I want skills that will be able to transfer over when i go and recreate him on Skyrim.

The other one I was thinking of was sort a bard type character (just got a mod that allows me to play the lute in morrowind). Help and ideas would be great.

Also the character may not live up to the events of skyrim but if he doesnt than my skyrim character will be a direct descendant
---
I'm taking the "N" word back... Yeah that's right... N'wah for life
#2SynysterSityPosted 3/16/2013 5:40:23 PM
If you're going for a monk who turns against his pacifist ways, I'd go Warmage in Morrowind. I'd also be a Breton, but that's just me.
#3the_arisen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 5:55:30 PM
SynysterSity posted...
If you're going for a monk who turns against his pacifist ways, I'd go Warmage in Morrowind. I'd also be a Breton, but that's just me.

War Mage you say? So focusing mostly on Destruction and other magics?
---
I'm taking the "N" word back... Yeah that's right... N'wah for life
#4SynysterSityPosted 3/16/2013 6:08:02 PM
Yeah, unless you wanted to use weapons...
#5Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/16/2013 6:13:29 PM
In morrowind... you sort of want to focus on one style in the beginning... as the dice roll combat is really unforgiving for low level characters that try to hybridize their character class to much.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#6Omega_GilgameshPosted 3/16/2013 7:18:54 PM
Well, I'd say find a few builds that work for you in Skyrim, then see which one is most compatible with Morrowind's system, rather than the otherway around. Morrowind has short swords and spears that Skyrim doesn't have.

Now as for the Ghandhi build, how about this: heavy magic user, uses light armor for protection (as unarmored isn't a viable playstyle in Oblivion), uses restoration magic and maybe the occasional defensive spell, turn undead spells, and conjuration. That way, you're either not hurting the enemies, or YOU'RE not the one fighting them. And that works for Skyrim as well as Morrowind (unless there's something I'm missing. Haven't played Morrowind in at least 5 years)
---
The World's Most Interesting Man: I don't always herp, but when I do, I derp.
#7SynysterSityPosted 3/16/2013 7:34:12 PM
^^^^ what he said. (Have mot figured out how to do the whole poster said this thing) Conjuration is amazing in Morrowind IMO. My Mage used conjured minions against all foes.
---
"A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended..." Majoras Mask, Majoras Mask
#8Mick65Posted 3/16/2013 7:37:15 PM
SynysterSity posted...
^^^^ what he said. (Have mot figured out how to do the whole poster said this thing) Conjuration is amazing in Morrowind IMO. My Mage used conjured minions against all foes.

SynysterSity
Posted 3/16/2013 11:34:12 PM
message detail
quote <-------------------------- click that ----------------<
---
JAFO
#9SynysterSityPosted 3/16/2013 7:40:52 PM
Mick65 posted...
SynysterSity posted...

SynysterSity
Posted 3/16/2013 11:34:12 PM
message detail
quote <-------------------------- click that ----------------<

Awesome! Thanks dude.
---
"A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended..." Majoras Mask, Majoras Mask
#10TelemaekusPosted 3/16/2013 9:04:13 PM
I've got my dunmer Arcane Archer in Morrowind that I plan on recreating through OB and SK eventually. He uses a Bound Bow while wearing Medium Armor (will move to heavy in OB), and augments ranged combat with summoned creatures and Shock Magicks. His utility skills include Alteration and Illusion.

In Morrowind, he is born to a poor Telvanni scholar and his housemaid wife. Long story short he joins House Telvanni and studies under Master Aryon before quickly rising through the ranks and becoming a Master of House Telvanni. However, Gothren suspects he wants to take the position of Archmagister from him. My character is fairly young at the time and has all these new-era type ideas, which of course many of the other Masters, stuck in their Telvanni ways, didn't like. When I've 'finished' my game, Gothren will have raised enough support to imprison my character and ship him out to a Cyrodillic prison.

I figure after I finish the Tribunal questline and possibly meander through Solstheim, I'll hang him up and start afresh in Oblivion. I could RP that the Telvanni put a wall in his mind to block his magicks, and that jumping through the blasted hoops that are the Oblivion leveling system is actually breaking down this wall. He's also going to pick up Sneak as a skill in OB, and become a little more assassin-like at the beginning until his magick returns.