Xbox/PC commands question

#1FMLGPosted 3/17/2013 10:07:02 AM
What's the command to add to favourites? Like people have done with the greybeard robes? I want to add Falx Carius' armor.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#2IamI3rianPosted 3/17/2013 10:15:05 AM
I mean, I'm neither a boxer nor a PC player, but I've got no idea what you're talking about. The favorites menu?

Like... hit triangle (on PS3) to add it? Whatever your top button is. "X" I'd wager, if I understand the controller correctly. That's got to be in the instruction book.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
My dragon shout flow is sweeter than a SodaStream!
#3FMLG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:19:32 AM(edited)
IamI3rian posted...
I mean, I'm neither a boxer nor a PC player, but I've got no idea what you're talking about. The favorites menu?

Like... hit triangle (on PS3) to add it? Whatever your top button is. "X" I'd wager, if I understand the controller correctly. That's got to be in the instruction book.

13rian, I know how to play the game.
Look at some 360/PC Mods, they add normally un-wearable items to the favourites menu so you can equip it without player.equipitem.

The items can be added via additem but you can't see it in your inventory.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
#4Joe_CobbsPosted 3/17/2013 10:20:46 AM
Hes talking about the console command for adding unattainable items to the menu.

I have no idea TC I kept hearing people talk about it but could never find it. Maybe you'll have more luck than me.

Maybe you have to use the CK.
#5FMLG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:23:19 AM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
Hes talking about the console command for adding unattainable items to the menu.

I have no idea TC I kept hearing people talk about it but could never find it. Maybe you'll have more luck than me.

I guess I'll have to search deeper...
While you're here, how do you convert the files? x.ess to savegame.dat then replace it?
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
#6yay4doughnutsPosted 3/17/2013 10:27:41 AM(edited)
Not sure if it will work, but have you tried the alternative player.equipitem <formid>?
I know it's not what you're looking for, but it's worth a shot.

Edit: Nevermind, just noticed you mentioned that in your second post.
#7FMLG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:28:01 AM
yay4doughnuts posted...
Not sure if it will work, but have you tried the alternative player.equipitem <formid>?
I know it's not what you're looking for, but it's worth a shot.

I've done that but if I accidently equip anything else then I can't re equip it (I want to play on the 360).
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
#8Joe_CobbsPosted 3/17/2013 10:30:21 AM
FMLG posted...
Joe_Cobbs posted...

I guess I'll have to search deeper...
While you're here, how do you convert the files? x.ess to savegame.dat then replace

.ess for PC
Savegame.dat for xbox

Just replace the .dat file on the usb with the modded one. Then rehash and resign -> save to device.
#9jammymacsterPosted 3/17/2013 10:39:27 AM(edited)
I suspect it's done by making a mod that makes it equip-able normally, then added to the favourites as you would normally and when you remove the mod it stays in the favourites menu. I'll have a little look about and see if I can confirm it.

EDIT: Oh and Joe, I'm not sure if you're aware of this but a method has been found to make the character creation menu pop up after a save is loaded. I can link you to the information if you want it.

EDIT2: Yes, you have to have the appropriate mods installed on your PC version of Skyrim in order to be able to "favourite" the non-playable gear and then transfer it over to the Xbox.

There is a mod for the vanilla items and one for the Dawnguard items. Not sure where they are though.
---
AKA: Valadez
#10FMLG(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:37:56 AM
jammymacster posted...
I suspect it's done by making a mod that makes it equip-able normally, then added to the favourites as you would normally and when you remove the mod it stays in the favourites menu. I'll have a little look about and see if I can confirm it.

Thanks guys and partly I3rian, I'm sure people who haven't played skyrim will find that (up = favourite) useful.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!