So if random stats were re-added back to the game...

#1Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/17/2013 4:20:37 PM
Would anyone even care? By stats I mean things like min/max damage done by a weapon, seeing what the AC on your character is, etc..... Honestly I just sort of like to look at all the little numbers that make up the stats of my character... whether or not I may or may not know what some of them are for.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#2SchesparnPosted 3/17/2013 4:29:23 PM
Oh yeah. Those things that decided your damage dealt by melee, carry weight, max fatigue, chance of being staggered upon being struck, damage dealt by bows, your max health, health increase upon leveling up, your maximum magicka, your gains when using Speech, people's initial reaction to you, whether or not certain enemies will attack, your movement speed (and by extension, the distance you can jump), and your magicka regeneration rate... Those didn't matter at all. :D
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#3RikashiPosted 3/17/2013 4:30:25 PM
I would care.

Random anything is pretty much always bad. I like to plan and predict how I'm going to build my characters, and adding a element of randomness is only going to cause a lot of saving and reloading ans unnecessary frustration.
#4Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:32:56 PM
Rikashi posted...
I would care.

Random anything is pretty much always bad. I like to plan and predict how I'm going to build my characters, and adding a element of randomness is only going to cause a lot of saving and reloading ans unnecessary frustration.

Do weapons in the game always do a certain amount of damage (not counting the crit attacks or power attacks)? Or are they random? Cause I honestly can't tell.
---
Pretty darn confident..... I don't want to have to wait till the Microendony XBOXS 4ii comes out another 15 years later....
#5CaptainKatsuraPosted 3/17/2013 4:34:14 PM(edited)
Misread post,but either way I still wouldn't like random stats much.
---
Herp-a derp
#6Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:37:15 PM
Schesparn posted...
Oh yeah. Those things that decided your damage dealt by melee, carry weight, max fatigue, chance of being staggered upon being struck, damage dealt by bows, your max health, health increase upon leveling up, your maximum magicka, your gains when using Speech, people's initial reaction to you, whether or not certain enemies will attack, your movement speed (and by extension, the distance you can jump), and your magicka regeneration rate... Those didn't matter at all. :D

Games just don't feel very RPG like to me when they don't have something like that for you too look at. Stat page wise, or more stats on weapons and armor and the like. Skyrim seems way more action than a rpg.
---
#7RikashiPosted 3/17/2013 4:42:35 PM
I think I misunderstood the OP a little. Thought you were referring to random stat growths when leveling up and such.

Yeah, I like having a sort of spreadsheet of my character as well.
#8DragonLWPosted 3/17/2013 4:43:24 PM
Eh, Skyrim has enough stats to qualify as an rpg easily enough but I kind of understand where you're coming from. That said, it would be a terrible idea to 're-add' them to Skyrim at this point since it would be easier just to make a new game by comparison. Did they perhaps slim things down in Skyrim too much? Possibly. That really depends on perception though I think.

The stats in Oblivion really didn't seem as important anyway by comparison to one's skill levels for that matter. I seem to recall jumping as high as I wanted so long as my athletics score was up there rather than my speed really affecting it in anyway and the same with my weapons being more powerful mostly due to my blade skill rather than strength. That said they rather kept the importance of skills intact in this one.
---
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.
#9DragonLWPosted 3/17/2013 4:45:02 PM
Acrobatics rather than athletics.
---
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.
#10Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:45:39 PM
DragonLW posted...
Eh, Skyrim has enough stats to qualify as an rpg easily enough but I kind of understand where you're coming from. That said, it would be a terrible idea to 're-add' them to Skyrim at this point since it would be easier just to make a new game by comparison. Did they perhaps slim things down in Skyrim too much? Possibly. That really depends on perception though I think.

The stats in Oblivion really didn't seem as important anyway by comparison to one's skill levels for that matter. I seem to recall jumping as high as I wanted so long as my athletics score was up there rather than my speed really affecting it in anyway and the same with my weapons being more powerful mostly due to my blade skill rather than strength. That said they rather kept the importance of skills intact in this one.

Have they though? Sometimes I can't really tell if increasing skills really causes much to change for my character outside of just a increment of damage increase/slightly less magicka needed. It seems like the perks cause more change than the skills themselves.
---