So if random stats were re-added back to the game...

#21Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 5:43:38 PM
MC2011 posted...
I'd love to actually have accurate stats such as AR in a percentage (like the previous games) rather than this BS complex formula which only provides a higher number and doesn't accurately display how much damage is reduced nor indicates any sort of armor cap. Granted as long as you remember 567 is the 85% cap when wearing all 4 pieces, and an additional 25 for each piece less due to the hidden bonus from wearing individual pieces... or something like that...

We all know the current AR is crap and there was no reason to change it from the original AR percentage.

As for the min/max damage... My "hit it until it dies" logic still applies to it, so I wouldn't really care. I'd just have to pay closer attention when deciding between a weapon with a higher max damage but a larger spread vs a weapon with a smaller max damage but smaller spread.

... Seriously, what the **** were they thinking with Skyrim's AR display?

The same thing with the weapon damage.... simpler is better.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#22Fisto_Posted 3/17/2013 5:48:33 PM
I would. For your average, "casual" player, they couldn't care less about the minor details and would prefer just hacking and slashing and hoping for the best. I'd like to be able to manage everything so I can get exactly to where I want.
---
Please assume the position.
#23Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 5:53:01 PM(edited)
Fisto_ posted...
I would. For your average, "casual" player, they couldn't care less about the minor details and would prefer just hacking and slashing and hoping for the best. I'd like to be able to manage everything so I can get exactly to where I want.

I would think they could allow more stats to be visible... via stat page or what not... a game can allow for min/maxing/tweaking skills to how you want them and still be streamlined.
---
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#24MC2011Posted 3/17/2013 5:54:07 PM
I swear the AR displayed in Skyrim is the thing that makes me rage the most.

Not the bugs, not the menus, not the crappy guild quests, essential NPCs, permanent quest items, frequent DG vampire attacks, HF bugginess, lack of spell creation, crappy master spells, linear quest design, kill everything solutions, god knows what else....

It's that ****ing illogical, 3 steps backwards, COD gun statsesque ****ing AR number. The one thing where if you have no clue how it works, you can only assume that higher is always better with no indication how high it can go or whether or not there is a cap.

I mean hell, it wouldn't bug me as much if that's how it's always been, but they literally took a step backwards from percentage that stopped at the cap to this BS. At least before you could look at the number and know that 85% of the damage was being blocked and 85% was the maximum amount. Now you have to look online or probably dissect the CS/do testing to figure out 567-667 is the 85% cap depending on how many pieces of body armor you're wearing and that it won't stop at the cap.

BLARGHLESTEIN!
---
http://i.imgur.com/zHLma5j.jpg
You're next...
#25Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 6:00:18 PM
MC2011 posted...
I swear the AR displayed in Skyrim is the thing that makes me rage the most.

Not the bugs, not the menus, not the crappy guild quests, essential NPCs, permanent quest items, frequent DG vampire attacks, HF bugginess, lack of spell creation, crappy master spells, linear quest design, kill everything solutions, god knows what else....

It's that ****ing illogical, 3 steps backwards, COD gun statsesque ****ing AR number. The one thing where if you have no clue how it works, you can only assume that higher is always better with no indication how high it can go or whether or not there is a cap.

I mean hell, it wouldn't bug me as much if that's how it's always been, but they literally took a step backwards from percentage that stopped at the cap to this BS. At least before you could look at the number and know that 85% of the damage was being blocked and 85% was the maximum amount. Now you have to look online or probably dissect the CS/do testing to figure out 567-667 is the 85% cap depending on how many pieces of body armor you're wearing and that it won't stop at the cap.

BLARGHLESTEIN!

Is it sad, if I have to look at the wiki for skyrim to find out how damage/other things stat wise in the game add up, due to the game never really telling how it works?
---
#26silverhunter16Posted 3/17/2013 6:01:01 PM
Schesparn posted...
Oh yeah. Those things that decided your damage dealt by melee, carry weight, max fatigue, chance of being staggered upon being struck, damage dealt by bows, your max health, health increase upon leveling up, your maximum magicka, your gains when using Speech, people's initial reaction to you, whether or not certain enemies will attack, your movement speed (and by extension, the distance you can jump), and your magicka regeneration rate... Those didn't matter at all. :D

Didn't they have something like that in Daggerfall?

I probably wouldn't mind if they returned a stat display but I doubt they could do that with Skyrim's design so it would have to be added in the next ES game, if they'd decide to add it.
---
"Okay, look. We both said a lot of things your going to regret but I think we can put our differences behind use. For science. You monster.
#27Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 7:02:22 PM
silverhunter16 posted...
Schesparn posted...
Oh yeah. Those things that decided your damage dealt by melee, carry weight, max fatigue, chance of being staggered upon being struck, damage dealt by bows, your max health, health increase upon leveling up, your maximum magicka, your gains when using Speech, people's initial reaction to you, whether or not certain enemies will attack, your movement speed (and by extension, the distance you can jump), and your magicka regeneration rate... Those didn't matter at all. :D

Didn't they have something like that in Daggerfall?

I probably wouldn't mind if they returned a stat display but I doubt they could do that with Skyrim's design so it would have to be added in the next ES game, if they'd decide to add it.

Yeah, I doubt they could shoehorn a stats page in thru a patch....dlc maybe.
---