Favorite hold?

#21Spinder1Posted 3/18/2013 5:38:18 AM
Winterhold. I'm a sucker for canyons, even glacial ones, and the views are stunning. If you haven't used Clear Skies there at night, you're missing out. You can see the College of Winterhold and Azura's Shrine from what feels like miles away.

This right here. I love every single hold's environments (Hjaalmarch slightly less than the rest, because it suffers from perpetual framedrop on my PS3) but Winterhold is the most stunning of them all.
---
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes
#22VeezaraPosted 3/18/2013 6:20:11 AM
I like the look of Markarth, Vindrel hall is a good house but in different games, marrying Aela in one and Sylgja in the other both say it is dangerous because of the mines and the Forsworn. Then the kids always talk about how Banning was talking to them about his dogs. The less they have to do with Banning and Lisbet the better.
I like the home in Windhelm, almost as good as Vindrel Hall, safer city given you have to kill the butcher to be able to buy it.
#23turn_basedPosted 3/18/2013 6:30:55 AM
IamI3rian posted...
Falkreath. Damn shame the town sucks though. = )

Anyone remember when that guy tried to tell me I was a hipster for saying Falkreath in that poll, and it won by a few hundred votes in the "favorite hold" poll?

His argument was, "No one likes Falkreath, you only say that to look cool."

X D

Town sucks, Brian? How come? It's my favorite non-gated hold capital, has general, smith, and alchemy merchants, Sinding and Barbas, a lazy jarl or a looney jarl, good views, mixed population and within driving distance of one of Skyrim's best safe storage homes: Cracked Tusk Keep!

Does feel a little cramped maybe?
#24legend4ryg4m3rPosted 3/18/2013 7:00:05 AM
Veezara posted...
I like the look of Markarth, Vindrel hall is a good house but in different games, marrying Aela in one and Sylgja in the other both say it is dangerous because of the mines and the Forsworn. Then the kids always talk about how Banning was talking to them about his dogs. The less they have to do with Banning and Lisbet the better.
I like the home in Windhelm, almost as good as Vindrel Hall, safer city given you have to kill the butcher to be able to buy it.

we're talking about the holds themselves, not the hold capitals
#25neithskyePosted 3/18/2013 7:04:31 AM
No question, the Rift area. I love the yellow trees. Reminds me of where I live in autumn.

I like Riften, too. Honeyside is my favourite house. I just wish, perhaps, that the city itself had different inhabitants.