I wish there were more light armor types in the main game.

#1Geekinator992Posted 3/18/2013 10:58:14 AM
Mostly I just want mithril back.

I was never really much of a light armor guy, I always preferred heavy armor for its defensive value, but I've made some light armor types in oblivion and skyrim and had a bit of fun with them. The seeming lack of armor bugs me though, feels like light armor got the shaft.

I'm wishing to hear your thoughts on the subject.
---
I can do a thing at a place at a time involving people concerning events.
http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm33/Avarion999/Ran1.png
#2SylistaPosted 3/18/2013 11:10:28 AM(edited)
I don't really notice it in Skyrim. Since I take the Steed stone on all of my characters, I don't even look at whether what I'm wearing is heavy or light. I am always in favour of more armour/clothing options though. The more the merrier!

Fallout: New Vegas had a depressingly small amount of light options though. Doubly so for female characters because half of the light options (and ALL of the best-looking ones) didn't really fit the female mesh and looked awful.
---
Everyday I'm shufflin'. Except weekends and every alternate Tuesday. Oh, and most of August.
#3JurazonPosted 3/18/2013 11:31:54 AM
Well, I always use Light Armor and Leather and I agree with you. I prefer Dragonscale Armor, but I don't like the look of Glass Armor and I don't want to wear Eleven Armor. Not a big deal with my Thief/Assassin character because I use the Armor given by the Dark Brotherhood or my Pure Mage character because he doesn't wear any armor. However, with my 1H Warrior and 2H Barbarian characters, they are forced to use Leather Armor until I was able to unlock Dragonscale Armor.
Having Mithril Armor in Skyrim would have made it easier and I could have used it until I was able to craft Dragonscale Armor. Plus, I'm sure it would have looked awesome!!!
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: MUSTANGMAN82
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
#4Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/18/2013 11:49:51 AM
I use smithing/alchemy/enchanting to really beef up the strength of the armor then it's not so bad.
---
The Jersey Guy
#5obishawnPosted 3/18/2013 12:00:24 PM
As far as appearances go, I prefer the darker Dawnguard armor, the dark vampire armor or Falkreath guard armor. I keep leather until I can upgrade to any of the others.
---
Winter is coming
#6Geekinator992(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:10:35 PM
obishawn posted...
As far as appearances go, I prefer the darker Dawnguard armor, the dark vampire armor or Falkreath guard armor. I keep leather until I can upgrade to any of the others.

I haven't yet bothered yet to get the expansions, but I'm sure the added light armors are nice. My complaint is about the main game.
---
#7Geekinator992(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 9:29:41 PM
Bump
---
#8ghosta2Posted 3/18/2013 10:19:17 PM
you could just use the restro loop to buff smithing and then temper whatever armor you like the most. I like using the savior's hide with stormcloak officer gauntlets and boots.
---
"What is better. To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort." - Paarthurnax
Gt: Ghosta2
#9Calm_Down_ManPosted 3/18/2013 10:52:39 PM
It seems each region has it's unique armors. Morrowind had bonemold and chitin for example and the the Nords are all about warriors it would make sence there is more heavy armor. Who knows what will be in the next game (hopefully in Valenwood or Elswheyr).
#10IamI3rianPosted 3/18/2013 10:54:47 PM
Calm_Down_Man posted...
Who knows what will be in the next game (hopefully in Valenwood or Elswheyr).

Hammerfell friend. I'd bet money on it.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
My dragon shout flow is sweeter than a SodaStream!