Walter White build

#31RebelElite791Posted 3/19/2013 9:14:12 PM(edited)
gunsndroses posted...
Bloodgod and Rebel summed up my thoughts.

And yes, the shows creators have even gone so far as to explicitly attribute one of his major flaws as "wants to get caught." It's why he told Hank that Heisenberg might still be out there, after Gale Boetticher died. He caused a gigantic mess because he has a dark desire to be caught.

I attributed that more to him being so utterly and ridiculously proud that he couldn't stand to see him take credit for his work, even in death.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.
#32Jacket60Posted 3/19/2013 9:17:50 PM
gunsndroses posted...

And yes, the shows creators have even gone so far as to explicitly attribute one of his major flaws as "wants to get caught." It's why he told Hank that Heisenberg might still be out there, after Gale Boetticher died. He caused a gigantic mess because he has a dark desire to be caught.

Yeah maybe deep down he wants to be recognized for all the work he's done and all the money he has made, but he doesn't actually want to be caught. In the scene you're talking about, he simply can't stand the thought of Hank giving Gale the credit and thinking he's Heisenberg.
#33Jacket60Posted 3/19/2013 9:20:20 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
Jacket60 posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Talk about your unmarked spoilers.

Also he told his therapist the truth; not sure what that has to do with his ability to lie.

Added spoiler tag, I'm usually good about doing that, forgot.

But no he didn't tell him the truth.

SPOILERS

Tuco kidnapped Walt and Jesse and took them to the desert. Walt didn't run away.

Oh true, but he told the truth about it not being a fugue state.

Yeah, part truth, part lie type of deal.
#34the_arisenPosted 3/19/2013 9:37:57 PM
Jacket60 posted...
gunsndroses posted...

Yeah maybe deep down he wants to be recognized for all the work he's done and all the money he has made, but he doesn't actually want to be caught. In the scene you're talking about, he simply can't stand the thought of Hank giving Gale the credit and thinking he's Heisenberg.

He pretty much sums it up perfectly when he is talking to Jesse about his past experience with Gray Matter, and how he sold out for 5000 dollars
---
I'm taking the "N" word back... Yeah that's right... N'wah for life
#35gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 12:04:09 PM(edited)
@Jacket-

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. He obviously does everything in his power to avoid detection. But it is a desire of his, deep down, a flaw- one that makes him want to end his criminality, and get caught.

He wants to be discovered, but will do everything he can to stop just that.
---
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings.