Dog Companions

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

2 years ago#1
Okay where the heck are they? I've only ever found Barbas and you only have him for awhile during Vile's quest. Getting one for a companion is about the only thing in the game I haven't done yet and so I'm of a mind to at least take one in for a few moments so I can say I've done it.
---
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.
2 years ago#2
You can buy one at the marcarth stable, the dawn guard dlc has two huskies, and two death hounds and there's Meeko, near a shack between dragons bridge and morthal.
Stray dogs are stray.
---
JAFO
2 years ago#3
Barbas can be dismissed/recuited at any time just like a regular follower(he goes back to Haemar's Shame when dismissed).

Just don't finish Vile's quest, the reward sucks anyway.

Barbas > crappy 2hander/lame mask
2 years ago#4
Is there anything special you have to do to get the option to buy the Dawnguard Huskys? I've completed the questline but I haven't seen the dogs at the fort
2 years ago#5
Go through the main Hall and take a right. They should be in a pen in the training room.
---
JAFO
2 years ago#6
It is a crying shame that those dogs are so cute, but made so incredibly outclassed and fragile.

I loved Dogmeat on Fallout 3 GOTY Edition. Not only did you have a lovable pooch, but he was practically invincible.
2 years ago#7
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
It is a crying shame that those dogs are so cute, but made so incredibly outclassed and fragile.

I loved Dogmeat on Fallout 3 GOTY Edition. Not only did you have a lovable pooch, but he was practically invincible.

I think we need dog armor DLC.
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
2 years ago#8
The Huskies already have armor!

But I wouldn't say no to something to increase the awesomeness of the canines in the game.
2 years ago#9
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Barbas can be dismissed/recuited at any time just like a regular follower(he goes back to Haemar's Shame when dismissed).

Just don't finish Vile's quest, the reward sucks anyway.

Barbas > crappy 2hander/lame mask

Yes, but not if you are a stealth character or trying to aim with a bow. Barbas is great for the guy who doesn't mind his cover being blown, who prefers the all-out assault approach. And the dog bumps into you too often and screws up any kind of shot you attempt to make with a bow.
---
Winter is coming
2 years ago#10
Ah, so that is where Meekos is. I always find the shack but I never find the dog. I'll have to look around then.
---
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived