Dog Companions

#1DragonLWPosted 3/19/2013 3:47:54 AM
Okay where the heck are they? I've only ever found Barbas and you only have him for awhile during Vile's quest. Getting one for a companion is about the only thing in the game I haven't done yet and so I'm of a mind to at least take one in for a few moments so I can say I've done it.
---
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.
#2Mick65Posted 3/19/2013 3:53:10 AM
You can buy one at the marcarth stable, the dawn guard dlc has two huskies, and two death hounds and there's Meeko, near a shack between dragons bridge and morthal.
Stray dogs are stray.
---
JAFO
#3Evil_SandwichPosted 3/19/2013 3:54:44 AM
Barbas can be dismissed/recuited at any time just like a regular follower(he goes back to Haemar's Shame when dismissed).

Just don't finish Vile's quest, the reward sucks anyway.

Barbas > crappy 2hander/lame mask
#4mandalore2385Posted 3/19/2013 11:16:06 AM
Is there anything special you have to do to get the option to buy the Dawnguard Huskys? I've completed the questline but I haven't seen the dogs at the fort
#5Mick65Posted 3/19/2013 11:30:08 AM
Go through the main Hall and take a right. They should be in a pen in the training room.
---
JAFO
#6HMXTaylor_LeePosted 3/19/2013 11:40:33 AM
It is a crying shame that those dogs are so cute, but made so incredibly outclassed and fragile.

I loved Dogmeat on Fallout 3 GOTY Edition. Not only did you have a lovable pooch, but he was practically invincible.
#7Necro_Fear89Posted 3/19/2013 11:53:24 AM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
It is a crying shame that those dogs are so cute, but made so incredibly outclassed and fragile.

I loved Dogmeat on Fallout 3 GOTY Edition. Not only did you have a lovable pooch, but he was practically invincible.

I think we need dog armor DLC.
---
Soul of the Mind key to life's ether, Soul of the lost withdrawn from it's vessel, Let strength be granted so the world might be mended- Maiden in Black
#8HMXTaylor_LeePosted 3/19/2013 12:26:42 PM
The Huskies already have armor!

But I wouldn't say no to something to increase the awesomeness of the canines in the game.
#9obishawnPosted 3/19/2013 12:34:05 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Barbas can be dismissed/recuited at any time just like a regular follower(he goes back to Haemar's Shame when dismissed).

Just don't finish Vile's quest, the reward sucks anyway.

Barbas > crappy 2hander/lame mask

Yes, but not if you are a stealth character or trying to aim with a bow. Barbas is great for the guy who doesn't mind his cover being blown, who prefers the all-out assault approach. And the dog bumps into you too often and screws up any kind of shot you attempt to make with a bow.
---
Winter is coming
#10DragonLW(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 2:46:36 PM
Ah, so that is where Meekos is. I always find the shack but I never find the dog. I'll have to look around then.
---
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.