Is hearthfire truly worth it?

#1ZDT_LeaderPosted 3/19/2013 4:03:35 PM
I've had enough msp to buy it for a while but I've been rather hesitant on it.

I'm kinda looking for a reason to go back to the game but I already have Dragonborn and don't have enough money for Dawnguard (it didn't look all too interesting to me anyways).

But is hearthfire really worth it? and how long do you think the dlc lasts in appeal or anything to you?

Thanks.
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#2DocOdinePosted 3/19/2013 4:04:45 PM
It's a house. It has all the usefulness of a moderately customizable house. And child adoption.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#3ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 4:05:34 PM
DocOdine posted...
It's a house. It has all the usefulness of a moderately customizable house. And child adoption.

I know the jist of it. But do you think it's a waste of 400 or so points or no?
---
#4DocOdinePosted 3/19/2013 4:17:08 PM
I like it, personally. Great for alchemy with it's farms, cool housing options like the enchanting tower, trophy room and library. Can even put a coffin in the basement if you're a vampire. It gives you a blessing for resist magic.
---
Life is a concert, and I'll be your closing act.
#5Stormvale12Posted 3/19/2013 4:17:44 PM
ZDT_Leader posted...
DocOdine posted...

I know the jist of it. But do you think it's a waste of 400 or so points or no?

No, it is not a waste.
---
HeartGold FC: 4256-3177-8834
White 2 FC: 1679-3141-2693
#6ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 4:29:18 PM
Does it actually give the game a reason to come back?

I mean my main character isn't max level but oddly enough oblivion is holding me more than skyrim right now.
---
#7CRtwentyPosted 3/19/2013 4:32:15 PM
ZDT_Leader posted...
Does it actually give the game a reason to come back?

I mean my main character isn't max level but oddly enough oblivion is holding me more than skyrim right now.

Not really, if you're not playing it right now.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#8SkitzweaselPosted 3/19/2013 4:33:59 PM
I really like it. I spent a huge amount of time working on Lakeview Manor, finding spots to store everything and generally having a place that actually feels like a home for your charcater. Also, having enchanting, alchemy, cooking and all smithing equipment as well as growing crops of hard to get alchemy ingredients is extremely useful and time saving.
---
Your birth is proof your mother puts out...
#9ZDT_Leader(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 4:53:18 PM
Skitzweasel posted...
I really like it. I spent a huge amount of time working on Lakeview Manor, finding spots to store everything and generally having a place that actually feels like a home for your charcater. Also, having enchanting, alchemy, cooking and all smithing equipment as well as growing crops of hard to get alchemy ingredients is extremely useful and time saving.

So the houses are good?

I liked the house you recieved in DragonBorn DLC but it's kinda dark.. not to mention that in order to get there you have to fast travel then walk a decent bit.
---
#10DragonLWPosted 3/19/2013 5:19:57 PM
In my opinion, no. I only really got it so I had more houses for the holds. I just tell my steward to decorate it on the cheap and leave once I build them. I do send my kids to live in the one in the Pale though. Play in the subzero snow you little guttersnipes. I forgot to get you any shoes. That nice giant is going to babysit you while I go off adventuring.
---
I used to tilt giants until someone convinced me they were windmills. Now I still tilt at giants but they have spinning arms.