Why can't the Dunmer sound like they did in Morrowind?

#1macten5150Posted 3/19/2013 10:04:16 PM
"Greetings, Outlander." in that dark raspy voice that sounded mysterious and alien some how.

Now they sound like your typical boring imperial.

sadface..
---
even a blind squirrel gets a nut
#2CRtwentyPosted 3/19/2013 10:09:03 PM
It's cause they aren't suffering from lung cancer due to all the ash in the air.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#3MixorzPosted 3/19/2013 10:09:17 PM
You n'wah!
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#4CRtwentyPosted 3/19/2013 10:11:27 PM
Mixorz posted...
You n'wah!

I said move! Or by my ancestors I'll put you on the ground with a split lip! You s'wit! How dare you! Ulrich be damned! He can take his fine and stuff it up his backside! I'll go nowhere with you, fetcher! Nowhere!
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#5HoonDingPosted 3/19/2013 10:28:46 PM
Most of them do still have gritty voices, especially the ones on Solstheim. It also helps that they aren't all voiced by the same guy.

I do really like Jeff Baker's Dunmer voice. I was so happy to hear it again in Dawnguard, and I was pleasantly surprised to hear Desmond in Point Lookout. I try to imitate it, to poor effect.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#6HoonDingPosted 3/19/2013 10:33:53 PM
Wait, Wes Johnson voices the male Bretons in Morrowind!? Holy crap! Who knew "STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" was also "Ah yes, we've been expecting you. You'll have to be recorded before you can proceed. There are a number of ways we can do this, and the choice is yours."

I love voice actors.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#7LatchKeyKidPosted 3/20/2013 1:13:33 AM
I was let down by the dunmer voice in Oblivion, especially since they used it in the 20 min preview video. But it does sorta make sense since the ash storms are far away in Vvardenfell. But then why didn't the female... meh, it was cool they used him again for Jiub.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#8RainbroDashPosted 3/20/2013 1:36:05 AM
I like the Britishy voice... and I like the dragonborn DLC used new dunmer voices as opposed to the old ones like the captain of the rederoan and the one guy who greets you when you arrive in raven rock also neloth has a good voice IMO.
#9macten5150(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 7:51:58 AM
no, when they say "sera" now it sounds all weird and forced. The natives of Morrowind sounded much more dark and mysterious.

Now theyre all like "JOLLY-OH! Hello there Outlander friend! Welcome to our humble town of Raven Rock!" (Spoken in fine English)

:(
---
even a blind squirrel gets a nut
#10sunbro1Posted 3/20/2013 8:52:13 AM
macten5150 posted...
no, when they say "sera" now it sounds all weird and forced. The natives of Morrowind sounded much more dark and mysterious.

Now theyre all like "JOLLY-OH! Hello there Outlander friend! Welcome to our humble town of Raven Rock!" (Spoken in fine English)

:(

It is NOT 'posh' English as you seem to think. Also the Dunmer moving shouldn't really change their voice.
---
Ours is the fury