Do Christians identify with Talos as the equivelant of God?

#21WebstedgePosted 3/22/2013 6:51:30 AM(edited)
jodiebigballs posted...
Webstedge posted...
no because he's still not anywhere near monotheistic

the "all maker" those skaal people were talking about would be the closest thing

How is Christianity Monotheistic?
1) The Father
2) The Son
3) The Holy Spirit

Edit: Not to mention the worship of Saints lol

this is objectively wrong

christianity is monotheistic, and like that other dude said, yes, the three are the same person

edit: just realized this is a concept that maybe not all sects of christianity have. But trust me they're all still monotheistic in nature
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#22turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 6:53:11 AM
SoulOfFayth posted...
I hope not, that would be stupid.
Then again, we are talking about christians.

Hey Soul, for whatever it's worth, that was a little over-the-line.
#23jodiebigballsPosted 3/22/2013 7:07:18 AM(edited)
zane0144 posted...
Listen. Christianity is the most predominate monotheistic religion in the world. I'm not going to take the time to look through the entire Bible just prove something to someone who isn't going to listen to common knowledge.

Common Knowledge does not (and will never) = Proof.

You have the word of God, written through divinely inspired hands at your disposal.......and yet you'd rather go on "gut feeling"?
How very Christian of you :)

Read the scriptures expecting to find proof of your claim that three beings = one God......and you will find nothing of the sort.

I promise you that.
The very reason I changed my answer from "Look at all of creation...there must be a God"
To "I Don't Know.....so I will not assert anything without proof"

Good day to you sir, and may The Flying Spagetti Monster bless your meatballs so that they are always moist. XD

---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#24BeastlyIguanaPosted 3/22/2013 6:55:24 AM
>religion arguement
>see you at 500
---
Voth tu ahrk spaan.
#25jodiebigballsPosted 3/22/2013 6:56:36 AM
Webstedge posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
Webstedge posted...

the "all maker" those skaal people were talking about would be the closest thing

1) The Father
2) The Son
3) The Holy Spirit

this is objectively wrong

christianity is monotheistic, and like that other dude said, yes, the three are the same person

edit: just realized this is a concept that maybe not all sects of christianity have. But trust me they're all still monotheistic in nature

It is never stated in any translation of the Bible that all 3 entities are the same being.

Therefore by definition (by worshipping 3 separate entities) Christianity is not monotheistic.
---
#26turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 6:57:33 AM
jodiebigballs posted...
Webstedge posted...

1) The Father
2) The Son
3) The Holy Spirit

^^^Sounds like Catholicism. Big difference.
#27jodiebigballsPosted 3/22/2013 6:59:44 AM(edited)
turn_based posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
Webstedge posted...

1) The Father
2) The Son
3) The Holy Spirit

Except it isn't just Catholicism. Christians pray to Mary (amongst other saints).
Praying is a form of worship.

---
#28Brenz0rPosted 3/22/2013 7:06:55 AM
Technically speaking, the concept of three-in-one as applied to Christianity happened before even the Council of Nicaea, where Arianism was ruled against as far as succeeding doctrinal development was concerned. It's also bound up in etymological development within the Greek language as compared with the vulgate Latin that was in use when an "official" translation of the New Testament first appeared.

And that's roughly all I care to say on that topic.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#29turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 7:08:28 AM
jodiebigballs posted...
turn_based posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
Webstedge posted...

1) The Father
2) The Son
3) The Holy Spirit

Except it isn't just Catholicism. Christians pray to Mary (amongst other saints).
Praying is a form of worship.

Sorry. I'll need 'proof.' Your word is not enough. NONE of the 'Christians' I know pray to 'saints.'

I'd really like to here from Darkportal in regards to your posting history.
He seems to keep pretty good tabs on trolls and troublemakers and I don't want to waste any more time than I already have.
#30JINJ0Posted 3/22/2013 7:12:24 AM
Brenz0r posted...
Technically speaking, the concept of three-in-one as applied to Christianity happened before even the Council of Nicaea, where Arianism was ruled against as far as succeeding doctrinal development was concerned. It's also bound up in etymological development within the Greek language as compared with the vulgate Latin that was in use when an "official" translation of the New Testament first appeared.

And that's roughly all I care to say on that topic.

Additionally, I'm pretty sure Saints are conventionally spiritual middlemen who are revered for earthly good deeds and are hoped to be able to put in a good word with God for you. They're basically thought of as holy messengers, which doesn't exactly imply godhood.

Given that the concept of sainthood also has some roots in easing pagan conversion to Catholicism, though, I can kind of understand where the confusion comes from.

All that I care to say as well.
---
../--~~,~~--,:~|
JINJO!!!.........\O_/_O_,/:::::|....