Do Christians identify with Talos as the equivelant of God?

#41jodiebigballsPosted 3/22/2013 7:32:34 AM
Webstedge posted...
Also the whole "worship of saints" thing is 1: not actual worship like God, and 2: totally a Catholic thing

Once again....
Praying to someone is a form of worship.

Worship that should have been made to God

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

God Doesn't like other people being worshipped in his stead lol
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#42jodiebigballsPosted 3/22/2013 7:44:31 AM(edited)
Webstedge posted...
jodiebigballs posted...
Webstedge posted...
jodiebigballs posted...

And you do know that the Bible is the infallible word of God right?
"Infallible words" are not open for interpretation.

If it is not stated in the Bible then it is what we on this board like to refer to as "Head canon"

Christianity in general has moved on from a 100% literal interpretation of the bible for about a few centuries now. In fact the sects that still do, you don't hear about them much because they're considered backwards

Then they arn't Christians lol

The words of an infallible, all knowing creator are not open for interpretation.

If there are things in the bible that these people don't agree with then maybe they shouldn't use the bible as the answer to all questions?

by your definition then, most Christians that exist today aren't Christians.

anyway I think I've dropped enough knowledge for now.

No by my definition most people that identify themselves as "Christian" know absolutely nothing about Christianity.

They identify themselves as Christian because it is easier to label their own personal "head cannon" God as the same one in Christianity.

....what on earth do you mean "knowledge"? :S
You haven't said a single knowledgable thing..
You've done the opposite in fact and actually demonstrated that you have no knowledge about this subject lol

Edit: just for the record I'd like to say that I identified my self as Christian for over 10 years because of this very reason.

It was only when I truly read the scriptures that I decided that....
A) this wasn't the same God I'd been taught about my entire life.
And
B) none if what's written in the Bible is sufficient proof that a Devine creator exists.

I now identify myself as first a foremost "A Human Being"
But secondly I am an Agnostic Atheist.
"There isn't enough proof of a creator t assert that claim.....but show me proof an I will believe"
---
#43WebstedgePosted 3/22/2013 7:43:22 AM
you apparently think the only real christians follow a literal interpretation of the bible when anyone with knowledge will tell you that's not the case. I mean have you even been inside a church? Pastors themselves will tell you that's not the case.

But for some reason I think this argument is pointless so whatever.
---
https://p.twimg.com/AirgRzVCEAAPBp6.jpg
#44jodiebigballsPosted 3/22/2013 7:49:08 AM(edited)
Webstedge posted...
you apparently think the only real christians follow a literal interpretation of the bible when anyone with knowledge will tell you that's not the case. I mean have you even been inside a church? Pastors themselves will tell you that's not the case.

But you are missing the big point.

The bible is the literal "word of God" right?
And God is infallible right?
But his word is open to interpretation?

Do you not see the problem with that?
If you can't see the massive gaping hole in logic then I truly (and without sarcasm) feel sorry for you.

It's all well a good to say that "my God is a loving God" etc....
But to ignore that Your God also committed infanticide is just being wilfully ignorant.
Don't you agree?

---
#45WebstedgePosted 3/22/2013 7:49:12 AM
jodiebigballs posted...

Edit: just for the record I'd like to say that I identified my self as Christian for over 10 years because of this very reason.

And
B) none if what's written in the Bible is sufficient proof that a Devine creator exists.

"There isn't enough proof of a creator t assert that claim.....but show me proof an I will believe"

Oh okay so you actually do see what I'm saying... you just don't agree with it

I actually have no problem with that' that's fine
---
#46jodiebigballsPosted 3/22/2013 7:51:22 AM
Webstedge posted...
jodiebigballs posted...

And

Oh okay so you actually do see what I'm saying... you just don't agree with it

I actually have no problem with that' that's fine

I don't agree with it because what you are saying is false :S
---
#47WebstedgePosted 3/22/2013 7:53:32 AM
Well you're fine to think that because you do raise legit questions that seem to be borne of research, that's why I have no problem. I mistook you for generic religion bashing we see so much on here.
---
#48jodiebigballsPosted 3/22/2013 8:01:22 AM(edited)
Webstedge posted...
Well you're fine to think that because you do raise legit questions that seem to be borne of research, that's why I have no problem. I mistook you for generic religion bashing we see so much on here.

Not at all dude.
I've got nothing against personal, spiritual faith (even if the definition of "Faith" is the same definition of "Gullible"....Believing something without sufficient proof)

What I do strongly oppose is Organised Oppression in the name of Religion.
Even if that oppression is of ones own mind.

---
#49turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 7:58:50 AM
Webstedge posted...

By your words, heaven is going to be full of backwards and unknowledgable people who just simply choose to believe what the Bible says.

Why bother playing the game if you have no intention of winning?

Go do something you actually believe in, cause it aint Christianity, dear.
#50CetraRagnarokPosted 3/22/2013 10:23:16 AM
If this video is any indication, no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s5mF4KWBIM
---
"Why would his name be Ienzo? Zexion doesnt even have a "l" in it" khknowledge