Do Christians identify with Talos as the equivelant of God?

#51AthlaPosted 3/22/2013 10:33:17 AM
jodiebigballs posted...
Webstedge posted...
Also the whole "worship of saints" thing is 1: not actual worship like God, and 2: totally a Catholic thing

Once again....
Praying to someone is a form of worship.

Worship that should have been made to God

Exodus 20:5
Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me

God Doesn't like other people being worshipped in his stead lol

Sorry off topic but I've always wondered about this.
God get's jealous? Isn't that a bit hypicritical? Do as I say and not as I do and whatnot.
---
I wish .HACK//GU was on 360.
#52TheRisingSonPosted 3/22/2013 10:52:27 AM
A Christian would never identify a made-up god with actual God.
#53RampagingwalrusPosted 3/22/2013 10:58:12 AM
Athla posted...
God get's jealous? Isn't that a bit hypicritical? Do as I say and not as I do and whatnot.

Not just jealous, but bizarrely wrathful over nothing.
Just think of God as a giant psycho stalker bent on screwing you over at random intervals, for no reason whatsoever.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#54Semi-AutomaticPosted 3/22/2013 11:05:20 AM
Another religious thread?
---
I put thought into every thing I say and type. I expect everyone else to do the same..
#55slapchop5000Posted 3/22/2013 11:07:35 AM
John 1:1-3, 14 NKJV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Theres your scripture at the very least showing that Jesus and God (father and son ) are the same.
#56turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 11:10:14 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Athla posted...

Not just jealous, but bizarrely wrathful over nothing.
Just think of God as a giant psycho stalker bent on screwing you over at random intervals, for no reason whatsoever.

What videogame is that from? We are still talkin' games right and not real life? Aren't we?

Hm, should we?
#57RampagingwalrusPosted 3/22/2013 11:11:45 AM
slapchop5000 posted...

King James Version does not count, as it was "rewritten" to conform with the expectations of the ruling body of the church, and not stick with what the actual original bible says.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#58SoulOfFaythPosted 3/22/2013 11:21:16 AM
God is god. Jesus is his son. The Holy Spirit is just a name for god's workings. They are not the same person, that is part of the catholic myth. Are you, your dad, and your dad's work the same person? It always baffles me most christians know less about their religion than an atheist like me. Then again, I was raised a strict christian, and I read and studied the bible pretty intensively from when I could read until I was about 16.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#59turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 11:24:03 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
slapchop5000 posted...

King James Version does not count, as it was "rewritten" to conform with the expectations of the ruling body of the church, and not stick with what the actual original bible says.

Yeah, you're the Skyrim board's resident bible scholar.
Pfft, barely have a grasp on ES lore. Give it up.
#60BeidhaPosted 3/22/2013 11:24:34 AM
This topic has exceed all my expectations. I'm going to go and set myself on fire now.
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep