Do Christians identify with Talos as the equivelant of God?

#71turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 5:27:59 PM
SoulOfFayth posted...
Sorry. Like you, I just don't like it when I see misinformation. But yeah these topics never do any good.

*replies to Rebel's post 30 minutes later,(as if he cares,) bumping the topic in the process, and begins his post with an apology.*

Funny. Some would call that, 'sin now, ask for forgiveness later.'

Me? I call it presumptuous.
#72SoulOfFaythPosted 3/22/2013 5:30:29 PM
Well if you read into that as a grovelling plea for mercy yeah, but I think you're overthinking just a small comment.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#73DarkSeraphMPosted 3/22/2013 5:46:22 PM
all of my wat
---
Hey there, sweetroll; I just cast Oakflesh... if you know what I mean.
#74deadpool223Posted 3/22/2013 5:52:39 PM
Ryan-06 posted...
I'm a Buddhist. I avoid most of the nastiness and prejudice, arguments and more. Just laid back. Thane Krios is my bro. I relate to his character and outlook. Sad that Christianity is attacked and ridiculed the most due to popular culture, jokes, and events. And then Islam became most hated after 9/11.

I hope humans get over religious divide one day. It's not hard. People are free to have faith, as long as: They don't harm anyone else (extremism), and they don't impose, preach excessively (I'm right you're wrong, you go to hell since you don't believe the same thing, and I am "100%" sure about it etc.).

The result is less bigotry. Kalahira bless you all =)

I hope we achieve a Mass Effect type society in the future.

i want to hug you but i cant, so please except my paltry gift of a warrior mouse attache

http://i.imgur.com/VNPWKBb.jpg
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#75gwandePosted 3/22/2013 6:07:45 PM
Jesus killed people. So talos and Jesus at least have that in common.
---
Fight humans, not dogs.
#76deadpool223Posted 3/22/2013 6:22:50 PM
gwande posted...
Jesus killed people. So talos and Jesus at least have that in common.

im pretty certain jesus didnt kill anyone.
---
honk HONK honk HONK http://i.imgur.com/NztEG.gif. :33 < fus ro paw,
#77Darg727Posted 3/22/2013 6:34:37 PM
"It is better to have people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

-- Mark Twain

If you don't know don't speak. Despite what many believe Christianity is not one coherent doctrine. Look through history you will find cultures shaping it.

On the textual argument, translation is never 100% accurate as meaning can be lost because there is almost no such thing as word to word translation. On top of that, dialect and locational meanings can distort meanings of even original text.

The Holy Trinity can be taken many ways and has been. 3 separate entities bound by their divinity to be referred to together or 3 separate entities who are also one god are just two and the easiest to find.

To an outsider, Christianity may seem like one giant conglomerate of like minded people. I myself thought the same way about Islam until I did even the smallest amount of research. Religion may seem static but it changes as the people change. Even if it were proven that all religions were false you would still have believers and if there were no religion you would still have ideas to be fought over.
#78rx54Posted 3/22/2013 7:17:55 PM
Too bad that the story of Christianity had roughly 10+ identical stories of a man that could walk on water, perform miracles, and was executed yet seen alive again.

Christianity is not an original story, there were many identical stories to it that existed prior. Christianity for whatever reason is the one that caught on while the others didn't, despite all being practically the same in every way.
Oh, they all had virgin mothers in every story too.

They were popular enough that you can still research them if you desire, and realize there were about 10-15 versions of Christianity throughout history.

Not different translations. I mean different names, different people, different settings and locations.
They just all performed the same actions.
Take a popular book and rename all the characters and place them in another location and you have what I am describing.

If Christians actually knew anything about Christianity they wouldn't be Christians.
It's a weird situation, but we all believed in Santa until we actually knew about it, because we decided to use some logical thinking in that decision of fake or true.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvSMp7T2Kes
^ Drugs.
#79SynysterSityPosted 3/22/2013 7:22:44 PM
This is a Skyrim message board...
---
"A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended..." Majoras Mask, Majoras Mask
#80Darg727Posted 3/22/2013 7:29:26 PM
rx54 posted...
Too bad that the story of Christianity had roughly 10+ identical stories of a man that could walk on water, perform miracles, and was executed yet seen alive again.

Christianity is not an original story, there were many identical stories to it that existed prior. Christianity for whatever reason is the one that caught on while the others didn't, despite all being practically the same in every way.
Oh, they all had virgin mothers in every story too.

They were popular enough that you can still research them if you desire, and realize there were about 10-15 versions of Christianity throughout history.

Not different translations. I mean different names, different people, different settings and locations.
They just all performed the same actions.
Take a popular book and rename all the characters and place them in another location and you have what I am describing.

If Christians actually knew anything about Christianity they wouldn't be Christians.
It's a weird situation, but we all believed in Santa until we actually knew about it, because we decided to use some logical thinking in that decision of fake or true.

Except logically, while logic itself is infallible, the information used by the logic is fallible. Similar events can't prove or disprove unless they are exactly the same.

To follow your example everything has been done before right so why bother right? We fight, survive, and die. We do all of them, why not become immortal like no other before us.