Do Christians identify with Talos as the equivelant of God?

#81ArmandolovePosted 3/22/2013 7:41:07 PM
rx54 posted...
Too bad that the story of Christianity had roughly 10+ identical stories of a man that could walk on water, perform miracles, and was executed yet seen alive again.

Christianity is not an original story, there were many identical stories to it that existed prior. Christianity for whatever reason is the one that caught on while the others didn't, despite all being practically the same in every way.
Oh, they all had virgin mothers in every story too.

They were popular enough that you can still research them if you desire, and realize there were about 10-15 versions of Christianity throughout history.

Not different translations. I mean different names, different people, different settings and locations.
They just all performed the same actions.
Take a popular book and rename all the characters and place them in another location and you have what I am describing.

If Christians actually knew anything about Christianity they wouldn't be Christians.
It's a weird situation, but we all believed in Santa until we actually knew about it, because we decided to use some logical thinking in that decision of fake or true.

I'm christian lol and the anti christian preaching on this board is quite strong.

Also, I've done quite a bit of honest research on christianity and I can tell you that the "Copycat" conspiracy theory has been debunked numerous times and has no evidence backing it. The conspiracy was brought against christianity by people who hated christianity in the first place.

Nice try though.
---
Yeah i'm a French guy.....
#82SynysterSityPosted 3/22/2013 7:42:17 PM
Christianity has nothing to do whatsoever with Skyrim. Again, this is a Skyrim message board...
---
"A puppet that can no longer be used is mere garbage. This puppet's role has just ended..." Majoras Mask, Majoras Mask
#83JamaalCharles39Posted 3/22/2013 7:46:27 PM
If you want to compare a fantasy religion to Christianity, then please compare it to the silmarillion by Tolkien, The first few chapters are almost the exact same as the creation of the world

God= Ilúvatar
Morgoth=satan
Balrogs=demons
Ainur=saints and angels
---
Tony Gonzalez is the best tight end ever. Not Winslow SR., Gates,Gronk, or Mackey are even close to being as good as him.
#84rx54Posted 3/22/2013 7:46:36 PM
Darg727 posted...
rx54 posted...
Too bad that the story of Christianity had roughly 10+ identical stories of a man that could walk on water, perform miracles, and was executed yet seen alive again.

Christianity is not an original story, there were many identical stories to it that existed prior. Christianity for whatever reason is the one that caught on while the others didn't, despite all being practically the same in every way.
Oh, they all had virgin mothers in every story too.

They were popular enough that you can still research them if you desire, and realize there were about 10-15 versions of Christianity throughout history.

Not different translations. I mean different names, different people, different settings and locations.
They just all performed the same actions.
Take a popular book and rename all the characters and place them in another location and you have what I am describing.

If Christians actually knew anything about Christianity they wouldn't be Christians.
It's a weird situation, but we all believed in Santa until we actually knew about it, because we decided to use some logical thinking in that decision of fake or true.

Except logically, while logic itself is infallible, the information used by the logic is fallible. Similar events can't prove or disprove unless they are exactly the same.

To follow your example everything has been done before right so why bother right? We fight, survive, and die. We do all of them, why not become immortal like no other before us.

No idea what you mean, but the fact is that there are 10 identical urban legends all identical to that of Christianity except for names and setting.

Now logically, if you believe in one of them you have to believe in all of them... Because they're the same.

If you believe in Christianity, and the I give you a Christian bible and i've only changed all the names and locations and that somehow makes it unbelievable then you're insane.

Either they're all true or all fake.
If you believe Bob from Canada has super powers, and then I say Bill from Mexico has super powers, and Ben from Russia has super powers, and Brandon from Germany has super powers but you believe none of those....

You are insane.
On what basis are they not true?
Names and locations adjust the validity?

If I tell you something and you don't believe it, changing my name and moving, and then telling you the same thing could change that?
Can you not understand my comparison?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvSMp7T2Kes
^ Drugs.
#85zane0144Posted 3/22/2013 8:32:19 PM
rx54 posted...

No idea what you mean, but the fact is that there are 10 identical urban legends all identical to that of Christianity except for names and setting.

Now logically, if you believe in one of them you have to believe in all of them... Because they're the same.

If you believe in Christianity, and the I give you a Christian bible and i've only changed all the names and locations and that somehow makes it unbelievable then you're insane.

Either they're all true or all fake.
If you believe Bob from Canada has super powers, and then I say Bill from Mexico has super powers, and Ben from Russia has super powers, and Brandon from Germany has super powers but you believe none of those....

You are insane.
On what basis are they not true?
Names and locations adjust the validity?

If I tell you something and you don't believe it, changing my name and moving, and then telling you the same thing could change that?
Can you not understand my comparison?

This. This is exactly the reason these arguments never get anywhere. You see. To Christians the Bible is more than just words. Just as the Qur'an is more than a text to the Jewish people and ect.. The words are a guide. It's the feeling, the belief, the faith that drives them to follow the religion. Simply changing the names does not make it still true.

Now, you're way of thinking is perfectly vaild. Some people say that's the only way you can see it. But that's just it. Religious people and non-religious people have completely different ways of viewing these kinds of things. There's no point in arguing because you're just going to sound crazy to whomever you are arguing with. Because you can't think the way they think and they can't think the way you do. Cause if we could do that, then there wouldn't be an argument in the first place. That's why these topics are stupid. They will never get anywhere no matter how hard you try.
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#86rx54Posted 3/22/2013 9:00:47 PM
@zane0144
I can think the way they do but I don't like thinking illogically.
They can think the way I do, everyone uses logic to some extent.
They just refuse to apply it to their beliefs.

They are called beliefs because they are not proven.
It is not my belief that I breathe oxygen.
That's not the proper use of the word 'belief'.
I know that I breathe oxygen, not believe.

Even if Christianity was proved to be real one day, everyone who believed in it prior to the proof are still illogical for believing something as fact without proof at a point.
It also makes no logical sense how anyone who believes in a religion can dismiss all other religions as false, when the one they believe in is equally as true as all the others.

Religious people also don't apply the same rules they used to believe in Christianity to everything else in life. What stops them from believing in everything that can possibly be believed in when you don't need any proof to believe in something?
If they applied the same thought that brought them to the conclusion they have with religion they would believe everything and anything, there are endless amounts of things with no proof you could believe in!

The proof I have that religion doesn't exist is the fact that there is no proof that it does. The way the world works is that everything is false until proven true.

Could you imagine thinking absolutely everything was true until it could concretely be disproven?
I could claim I have super powers, while highly unlikely can you prove right now that I don't?
Exactly, you can't prove it, you cannot be certain, you don't even know the color of my skin you know so little about me.

So what is logical?
Do you believe I have super powers because you have no complete way to falsify my claim, or do you not believe in it because I myself have provided no evidence to defend my claim?

You tell me what makes more sense to you first.
I have nothing more to say.

I'm going to play Dishonored now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvSMp7T2Kes
^ Drugs.
#87Akito_KinomotoPosted 3/22/2013 9:17:22 PM
So guys, I killed some Thalmor today. What did you do?
---
I won't forget our promise we made. I close my eyes to make sure
I will move forward, shaking off the surging darkness.
#88turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 9:25:53 PM
Akito_Kinomoto posted...
So guys, I killed some Thalmor today. What did you do?

Just got done smashing 2 pinatas with about 20 screaming kids.

Now I'm gonna go torch some Thalmor as well, the jerks attacked me and I don't know why. Their mistake...
#89zane0144Posted 3/22/2013 9:53:34 PM
rx54 posted...
@zane0144
I can think the way they do but I don't like thinking illogically.

Stop reading there. Thank you for further proving my point
---
Song of the Day: Battle for Freedom FFXII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PjEN-zFlDQ
#90obishawnPosted 3/22/2013 10:13:20 PM
rx54, you'll never find the proof you need to convince you that Christianity is real. Those who believe have the proof, its a spiritual experience that only comes from believing, so those who find it hard to believe in Jesus will not experience this proof.

And while I'm sure you'll reply with some comment that mocks and belittles Christians, what I said is the truth.
---
Winter is coming