Do Christians identify with Talos as the equivelant of God?

#91Ryan-06Posted 3/22/2013 10:17:44 PM
deadpool223 posted...
Ryan-06 posted...
I'm a Buddhist. I avoid most of the nastiness and prejudice, arguments and more. Just laid back. Thane Krios is my bro. I relate to his character and outlook. Sad that Christianity is attacked and ridiculed the most due to popular culture, jokes, and events. And then Islam became most hated after 9/11.

I hope humans get over religious divide one day. It's not hard. People are free to have faith, as long as: They don't harm anyone else (extremism), and they don't impose, preach excessively (I'm right you're wrong, you go to hell since you don't believe the same thing, and I am "100%" sure about it etc.).

The result is less bigotry. Kalahira bless you all =)

I hope we achieve a Mass Effect type society in the future.

i want to hug you but i cant, so please except my paltry gift of a warrior mouse attache

http://i.imgur.com/VNPWKBb.jpg

Thanks! =)
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
:3 http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif
#92Darg727Posted 3/22/2013 10:26:45 PM
rx54 posted...

No idea what you mean, but the fact is that there are 10 identical urban legends all identical to that of Christianity except for names and setting.

Now logically, if you believe in one of them you have to believe in all of them... Because they're the same.

If you believe in Christianity, and the I give you a Christian bible and i've only changed all the names and locations and that somehow makes it unbelievable then you're insane.

Either they're all true or all fake.
If you believe Bob from Canada has super powers, and then I say Bill from Mexico has super powers, and Ben from Russia has super powers, and Brandon from Germany has super powers but you believe none of those....

You are insane.
On what basis are they not true?
Names and locations adjust the validity?

If I tell you something and you don't believe it, changing my name and moving, and then telling you the same thing could change that?
Can you not understand my comparison?

Logic is simple. A=B=C and D=/A. You are using A to compare to D which is not the same. Were these peoples connected in time and travel? Were they actually events, creation stories, or religions/cults? You claim Christianity is wrong, that the events evoking the beliefs were made up or staged. I'm sorry but to make a claim like that puts the burden of proof on you. So if you don't know then why say anything at all if it won't provide meaningful evidence.

Reading threads like these shows the ignorance to be had. To make another rebuttal, just because other people had the story before doesn't make them true or false, and it doesn't disprove or prove Christianity. Where is your warrant? That "evidence"=proof?

P.S. Changing names and locations won't make it unbelievable.
#93charon78auPosted 3/22/2013 10:31:26 PM
I find Christianity to be an abhorrent religion.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#94Carruth81Posted 3/22/2013 10:37:10 PM
Chritianity borowed almost everything from religions established at the time. an example would be how Odin hung from a tree with a spear in his side, a sacrifice of himself. If there is any truth at all in the Bible it would most likely be in the old testament since the new is kinda nonsense.
---
I'm going to kill you slowly. Painfully. WITH A YAK. ~Demon Hunters
A Dragon without a soul is like a Gamefaqs forum without silly tangents
#95Ryan-06Posted 3/22/2013 10:41:31 PM(edited)
charon78au posted...
I find Christianity to be an abhorrent religion.

You've been given bad impressions by those who mistreated it then. There are good Christians in the world. But the old saying of course- always bad apples in every bunch.

Watch this- Neil Degrasse is one of my heroes. Least you and me agree on cosmology. His view on faith + science needs to heard:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbvDYyoAv9k

He's also an agnostic. I myself am a "Agnostic Theist" which is a category on the religious scale in academics. (similar to political scale- far left, far right etc.)

http://youtu.be/CzSMC5rWvos?t=53s
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
:3 http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif
#96Darg727Posted 3/22/2013 10:41:24 PM
zane0144 posted...
rx54 posted...

No idea what you mean, but the fact is that there are 10 identical urban legends all identical to that of Christianity except for names and setting.

Now logically, if you believe in one of them you have to believe in all of them... Because they're the same.

If you believe in Christianity, and the I give you a Christian bible and i've only changed all the names and locations and that somehow makes it unbelievable then you're insane.

If you believe Bob from Canada has super powers, and then I say Bill from Mexico has super powers, and Ben from Russia has super powers, and Brandon from Germany has super powers but you believe none of those....

You are insane.

If I tell you something and you don't believe it, changing my name and moving, and then telling you the same thing could change that?

This. This is exactly the reason these arguments never get anywhere. You see. To Christians the Bible is more than just words. Just as the Qur'an is more than a text to the Jewish people and ect.. The words are a guide. It's the feeling, the belief, the faith that drives them to follow the religion. Simply changing the names does not make it still true.

Now, you're way of thinking is perfectly vaild. Some people say that's the only way you can see it. But that's just it. Religious people and non-religious people have completely different ways of viewing these kinds of things. There's no point in arguing because you're just going to sound crazy to whomever you are arguing with. Because you can't think the way they think and they can't think the way you do. Cause if we could do that, then there wouldn't be an argument in the first place. That's why these topics are stupid. They will never get anywhere no matter how hard you try.

The true reason is that people aren't educated to know who rightfully bears the burden of proof and that when evidence is brought up that not everyone is going to see it as evidence so one must provide evidence that the evidence is evidence. If the pieces truly fit then you would have non theoretical proof and as such there could be no true argument as there is nothing to refute your claim. It is a lot like the fossil record. Many see it as proof. Many also see it as incomplete or even done incorrectly.
#97BeidhaPosted 3/22/2013 11:02:19 PM
zane0144 posted...
rx54 posted...

You are insane.

This. This is exactly the reason these arguments never get anywhere. You see. To Christians the Bible is more than just words. Just as the Qur'an is more than a text to the Jewish people and ect.. The words are a guide. It's the feeling, the belief, the faith that drives them to follow the religion. Simply changing the names does not make it still true.

Now, you're way of thinking is perfectly vaild. Some people say that's the only way you can see it. But that's just it. Religious people and non-religious people have completely different ways of viewing these kinds of things. There's no point in arguing because you're just going to sound crazy to whomever you are arguing with. Because you can't think the way they think and they can't think the way you do. Cause if we could do that, then there wouldn't be an argument in the first place. That's why these topics are stupid. They will never get anywhere no matter how hard you try.

99% sure the Qur'an is muslim...
---
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep
#98rx54Posted 3/22/2013 11:12:55 PM
obishawn posted...
rx54, you'll never find the proof you need to convince you that Christianity is real. Those who believe have the proof, its a spiritual experience that only comes from believing, so those who find it hard to believe in Jesus will not experience this proof.

And while I'm sure you'll reply with some comment that mocks and belittles Christians, what I said is the truth.

You want an honest answer?
I think people who genuinely believe in religion actually do feel mentally and physically different, I bet even I would if I could believe in it. You know why?

Placebo effect.
Give someone a sugar pill and tell them it will make them less depressed and feel better and they actually will a bit, if they believe it.
Religion is a sugar pill to me.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvSMp7T2Kes
^ Drugs.
#99turn_basedPosted 3/22/2013 11:45:25 PM
I like sugar.
#100aDominationPosted 3/22/2013 11:58:54 PM
Sithis is closer to being "God" than Talos.
---
Achievement Unlocked
Avatar of Sithis 150(G)Chosen to bring death to Tamriel.