Should I get the DLC or wait for a GOTY edition?

#1Damon PlusPosted 3/22/2013 2:57:21 AM
It's been rumoured for some time that a GOTY version of Skyrim is going to be released this year, but nothing has been confirmed. Should I get the DLC next week when it's on sale? I like to have my games complete, but I don't want to risk having to pay 1600 for every DLC (except Heartfire) if said version doesn't ever come out.
---
Step back! This is my blast shot!
#2TaigaWilliamPosted 3/22/2013 4:52:28 AM
There is still dlc to be released. You will likely have quite a while to wait for a goty edition.
#3kingwutuguPosted 3/25/2013 8:50:02 PM
maybe soon

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/03/12/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-game-of-the-year-edition-listed-by-amazon-dated-for-june-2013/
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#4WatermelonFartsPosted 3/25/2013 8:52:26 PM
if you already have the game itself i'd probably just pick all of the dlc up tomorrow for $23
#5IamI3rianPosted 3/25/2013 8:56:23 PM
kingwutugu posted...
maybe soon

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/03/12/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-game-of-the-year-edition-listed-by-amazon-dated-for-june-2013/

For anyone who doesn't want to click this link, it's an error on the French Amazon site. A site that has done this numerous times in the past.

With books/movies etc. Things that aren't there have been listed as 'coming soon.'

There's little if any truth to this nonsense.

GOTY is likely more than a year away.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
My dragon shout flow is sweeter than a SodaStream!
#6ravengamer55Posted 3/25/2013 10:32:51 PM
all the DLC comes out tomorrow for $23 just get that its worth it. im doing it. gonna wake up download it then go back to bed lol
#7Jakobs_FodderPosted 3/25/2013 11:07:58 PM
IamI3rian posted...
kingwutugu posted...
maybe soon

For anyone who doesn't want to click this link, it's an error on the French Amazon site. A site that has done this numerous times in the past.

With books/movies etc. Things that aren't there have been listed as 'coming soon.'

There's little if any truth to this nonsense.

GOTY is likely more than a year away.

^This^

Do not be fooled by ignorance, people. Be realistic.
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#8kingwutuguPosted 3/25/2013 11:15:27 PM
that's why i said maybe, its not like anyone that worked on skyrim actually comes to gamefaqs, and if they did they couldn't tell us b/c they would get fired, so if you don't know anyone personally at bethseda than there is no way of finding out.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#9Jakobs_FodderPosted 3/25/2013 11:18:42 PM
kingwutugu posted...
that's why i said maybe, its not like anyone that worked on skyrim actually comes to gamefaqs, and if they did they couldn't tell us b/c they would get fired, so if you don't know anyone personally at bethseda than there is no way of finding out.

Not sure I'd say there is "No" way.
Deduction my friend. With a bit of knowledge in sales, production, and and general market foresight.
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos