We need a Templar type organization

#11CRtwentyPosted 3/23/2013 6:13:51 AM
sunbro1 posted...
CRtwenty posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Anyone else agree?

I'm pretty sure there's already several out there.

Where?

Vigilants of Stendarr and Dawnguard for the whole militaristic religious order thing
Blades and Thalmor Justicars for the whole secret society manipulating things behind the scenes thing
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#12sunbro1Posted 3/23/2013 6:17:39 AM
CRtwenty posted...
sunbro1 posted...
CRtwenty posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Anyone else agree?

I'm pretty sure there's already several out there.

Where?

Vigilants of Stendarr and Dawnguard for the whole militaristic religious order thing
Blades and Thalmor Justicars for the whole secret society manipulating things behind the scenes thing

The templar orders were not a secret society they were just soldiers in the holy lands that also set up banks and hospitals IIRC. They were persecuted by the king of France for their riches and destroyed.
---
Ours is the fury
#13turn_basedPosted 3/23/2013 6:23:36 AM
FMLG posted...
turn_based posted...
Nope.

We need a group committed to wiping out werewolves. Those fiendish beasts make Ferelden smell like a bottle of Isi Miyaki.

Play the Companions Questline and then get back to me on that.

Um, I did. Like, in November 2011. Your point, friend?

Ah, I see, let me rephrase... I'd like a JOINABLE group ala Dawnguard committed to capturing, reconditioning, and retraining werewolves to use SILVERware when dining and to cook human (bandit) hearts properly over a hearth before consumption.

They're not vampires, for crying out loud...
#14Joe_CobbsPosted 3/23/2013 6:54:14 AM
Only if they bring back that awesome looking Crusader armor.
#15SuperFlikPosted 3/23/2013 7:11:41 AM
sunbro1 posted...
The templar orders were not a secret society...

The ones you know about weren't.
---
Zelos Wilder: "Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Demon Fang!
Damn, I must be a genius! Double Demon Fang!"
#16The_Ivory_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:37:01 AM
Joe_Cobbs posted...
Only if they bring back that awesome looking Crusader armor.

That would be awesome
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#17FMLGPosted 3/23/2013 8:18:34 AM
turn_based posted...
FMLG posted...
turn_based posted...
Nope.

We need a group committed to wiping out werewolves. Those fiendish beasts make Ferelden smell like a bottle of Isi Miyaki.

Play the Companions Questline and then get back to me on that.

Um, I did. Like, in November 2011. Your point, friend?

Ah, I see, let me rephrase... I'd like a JOINABLE group ala Dawnguard committed to capturing, reconditioning, and retraining werewolves to use SILVERware when dining and to cook human (bandit) hearts properly over a hearth before consumption.

They're not vampires, for crying out loud...

Joinable would be good but the Silver Hand serve the same purpose, why would Bethesda make a new joinable one? And they wouldn't make Silver Hand joinable because Companions Questline.
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#18SoulOfFaythPosted 3/23/2013 8:51:03 AM
I think we all want more joinable factions. I want to be able to join the Vigil of Stendarr with a good guy character, I wish there was some way to become a guard, in Oblivion I was terribly disappointed I couldn't join the Blackwood Company. I hope the next TES will bring more factions to join. Or at least flesh out the few joinable ones more.
---
The mind is like a parachute: it only works when it's open
#19sunbro1Posted 3/23/2013 9:17:45 AM
Morrowind style guild clashes would be cool.
---
Ours is the fury
#20turn_basedPosted 3/23/2013 9:26:02 AM
sunbro1 posted...
Morrowind style guild clashes would be cool.

Here's hopin *fingers crossed* they hire writers that have studied at the feet of Kirkbride and will remain in the same building during the development process, if only to eat lunch together. A lunch prepared by Todd Howard, mind you. If he has to be around, keep him in the kitchen, I say.