For those of you who have played Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas...

#21MrcTOtheJPosted 3/23/2013 12:50:00 AM
master_gamr1231 posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Okay I'll rephrase mine at least.

All he cares about is Vegas, pretty much just the strip. Basically he wants the Old Splendor and then some. That's fine and dandy but the world's bigger than Vegas. And his attention if focused elsewhere could advance humanity farther than some gambleing haven could do anyday.

That's just my personal take on it.

Granted it's been awhile since I've played though Vegas' main quest so I could be wrong on that, but from what I got he really dosen't care, it's what just about everyone says and it's what I got from talking to him as well, also when was Space Travel even mentioned by anyone?

Yeah, that's more or less a better representation of House. He'll bring Vegas to greatness, but he doesn't have any ambition outside of that, he doesn't see the bigger picture.

Exactly.

He's a Visonary with Narrow sight. He wants a new splendor beyond what Vegas has ever been, what Vegas would have been if the War never happened, but outside of the strip. He dosen't care really.

He makes the Brotherhood of Steel (Conventional Hoarder BoS not FO:3's/Tactis') look open sighted really. (At least in the end they're trying to help everyone to a degree by making sure a big massive extinction at the hand of people with advanced tech dosen't happen)

Since when is it House's job to fix the world? It's not like people asked him to guard Vegas from the bombs; he just took that initiative himself because he loved Vegas. But that doesn't automatically mean he's obligated to stick his hand in all of the other honeypots to bring back the world. And he does talk about using Vegas as a model for further reconstruction of society, but doing it all himself is asking a bit much.

I'm not saying 'Go do it single handedly' at least take a step in the direction, it'd be nice, not obligated but it would be a good thing to do. You know help some other people out, like people in freeside, which he could easily do. It's up to him to extend an olive branch to get others to help along with it (Closest thing he did was use the NCR to get the Dam running so he had power...which is the same thing I'd have done in his position), I mean if he wants Vegas to be a modle for other places, he should be more willing to at least give some pointers.

I see where you're coming from I do, I also get that how I've been wording it makes me sound...demanding to say the least.
---
Currently playing: Fallout 3 (the Umpteenth time) Need For Speed:MW 2012 Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2
#22jodiebigballsPosted 3/23/2013 1:31:59 AM
All of them.
I like when I have to replay a game to experience everything.
---
Live Fast, Die Young.....Leave A Good Looking Corpse
#23kylekillgannonPosted 3/23/2013 1:48:30 AM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
master_gamr1231 posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Jstretch19 posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Okay I'll rephrase mine at least.

All he cares about is Vegas, pretty much just the strip. Basically he wants the Old Splendor and then some. That's fine and dandy but the world's bigger than Vegas. And his attention if focused elsewhere could advance humanity farther than some gambleing haven could do anyday.

That's just my personal take on it.

Granted it's been awhile since I've played though Vegas' main quest so I could be wrong on that, but from what I got he really dosen't care, it's what just about everyone says and it's what I got from talking to him as well, also when was Space Travel even mentioned by anyone?

Yeah, that's more or less a better representation of House. He'll bring Vegas to greatness, but he doesn't have any ambition outside of that, he doesn't see the bigger picture.

Exactly.

He's a Visonary with Narrow sight. He wants a new splendor beyond what Vegas has ever been, what Vegas would have been if the War never happened, but outside of the strip. He dosen't care really.

He makes the Brotherhood of Steel (Conventional Hoarder BoS not FO:3's/Tactis') look open sighted really. (At least in the end they're trying to help everyone to a degree by making sure a big massive extinction at the hand of people with advanced tech dosen't happen)

Since when is it House's job to fix the world? It's not like people asked him to guard Vegas from the bombs; he just took that initiative himself because he loved Vegas. But that doesn't automatically mean he's obligated to stick his hand in all of the other honeypots to bring back the world. And he does talk about using Vegas as a model for further reconstruction of society, but doing it all himself is asking a bit much.

I'm not saying 'Go do it single handedly' at least take a step in the direction, it'd be nice, not obligated but it would be a good thing to do. You know help some other people out, like people in freeside, which he could easily do. It's up to him to extend an olive branch to get others to help along with it (Closest thing he did was use the NCR to get the Dam running so he had power...which is the same thing I'd have done in his position), I mean if he wants Vegas to be a modle for other places, he should be more willing to at least give some pointers.

I see where you're coming from I do, I also get that how I've been wording it makes me sound...demanding to say the least.

House only extends treaties if it suits his interests, which he has pristinely calculated. He does not want Vegas to be the model of progress, he wants it to be the epicenter. He's a careful, methodical, and ambitious taskmaster. He won't settle for New Vegas alone being the sole benefactor, he'd look for all of humanity who is smart enough to follow along go with him.

This inevitably leads to expansion, which he'll certainly do to far out of the Mojave. He won't make the same mistake of NCR, by stretching too far and stringing out resources. Or the Legion in moving too fast and not planning their movements carefully for contingencies.

He'll help everyone out who wishes to live under his wing and profit from anyone who doesn't.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#24F_GalikanokusPosted 3/23/2013 1:54:27 AM
Not gonna lie, was expecting this to just be another New Vegas circle jerk.
---
"We talked about whether it was racist or not. We came to the conclusion that it definitely isn't racist, so that was reassuring."
#25Ryan-06Posted 3/23/2013 2:34:34 AM
Imperial and NCR. Woo!
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
:3 http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif
#26J2006Posted 3/23/2013 2:42:44 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
Imperial and NCR. Woo!

same here, not every game, but most
---
<zzzzzzz[]X::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
XBL: North St4r 7 PSN: FistofFury07
#27DragonLWPosted 3/23/2013 2:58:37 AM
My choice isn't available. I side with all factions until the last moment and then keep a save there so I can play out each ending in New Vegas. In other words, I play all the groups to my interest until I decide to finish the game. I tend to pick Imperials in Skyrim though simply because I choose to mostly play beast races and I don't like how Ulfric and the Stormcloaks treat them. A real shame I can't play both sides toward my interests in Skyrim like you can in New Vegas as that always seems to maximize rewards and quests to go on.
---
My dear mortal, don't you realize? The secret to my winning this board is the fact that you can grow without limits while the others never surpass theirs.
#28MustavusPosted 3/23/2013 4:35:24 AM
Imperial/NCR.

NCR because I figured I'd go with the "good guys" for my first play through. House probably would be better for the wastes. At least in the short term. But I was being boring and playing the white knight role to an extreme.

And then I took it to the other extreme with Skyrim. Only ever finished the main quest/civil war playing a mage. Since it was a mage, I went Altmer. Since it was an Altmer, I decided I'd have Thalmor sympathies. The civil war was kind of hard to care about. While religious freedom is important, it felt like the only real reason anyone was fighting. It just felt forced.
---
...and that's how I came to be known as the Flourescent Haberdasher.
#29sunbro1Posted 3/23/2013 4:42:20 AM
Mustavus posted...
Imperial/NCR.

NCR because I figured I'd go with the "good guys" for my first play through. House probably would be better for the wastes. At least in the short term. But I was being boring and playing the white knight role to an extreme.

NCR is not good. They're a corrupt government that takes whatever they want and then fail to help it. They're just greedy.
---
Ours is the fury
#30Scorex_VIIPosted 3/23/2013 4:56:59 AM
sunbro1 posted...
Mustavus posted...
Imperial/NCR.

NCR is not good. They're a corrupt government that takes whatever they want and then fail to help it. They're just greedy.

So, kinda like ALL governments arround the world lol.

NCR was a noble idea, with noble people. Just because there were some rotten people, doent make them all the same. Kinda like the Empire. And in the end, the Empire/NCR is the best long term choice in both worlds, sadly maybe. I see them more like a transiction thing, and not to last.