For those of you who have played Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas...

#31sunbro1Posted 3/23/2013 6:09:31 AM
Scorex_VII posted...
sunbro1 posted...
Mustavus posted...
Imperial/NCR.

NCR because I figured I'd go with the "good guys" for my first play through. House probably would be better for the wastes. At least in the short term. But I was being boring and playing the white knight role to an extreme.

NCR is not good. They're a corrupt government that takes whatever they want and then fail to help it. They're just greedy.

So, kinda like ALL governments arround the world lol.

NCR was a noble idea, with noble people. Just because there were some rotten people, doent make them all the same. Kinda like the Empire. And in the end, the Empire/NCR is the best long term choice in both worlds, sadly maybe. I see them more like a transiction thing, and not to last.

No they don't have the resources to expand and protect. The NCR once was noble but now it is corrupt rich people who want more power but can't maintain it. Caesar summarized it best. Tandi who was never removed from power was the most effective leader compared to the more democratic ones. The NCR democracy will fail because they just piss people off.
---
Ours is the fury
#32Joe_CobbsPosted 3/23/2013 7:51:45 AM
Stormcloak/Kill Errybody
#33MustavusPosted 3/23/2013 7:58:32 AM
Between the two factions at war, NCR are good-er than the Legion. That pick's a no brainer.

It's debatable whether the NCR or House would land higher on a simplistic sliding scale of morality. But if I were in the player character's shoes (goody two-shoes or otherwise), I would be incredibly skeptical of a seeming madman who basically calls me a pawn and refuses to meet in person.
---
...and that's how I came to be known as the Flourescent Haberdasher.
#34RikashiPosted 3/23/2013 8:02:34 AM
So everyone is assuming being more good = better? Would explain a lot imo.

Stormcloak/Caesar's Legion for me.
#35iBlackice25Posted 3/23/2013 8:05:12 AM
I play both games, but ive never joined any factions in new vegas, and ive never joined the imperials or stormcloaks in skyrim.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#36AlleRacingPosted 3/23/2013 8:27:32 AM
Between the two factions at war, NCR are good-er than the Legion. That pick's a no brainer.

It's debatable whether the NCR or House would land higher on a simplistic sliding scale of morality. But if I were in the player character's shoes (goody two-shoes or otherwise), I would be incredibly skeptical of a seeming madman who basically calls me a pawn and refuses to meet in person.

Dude's over 200 years old and kept on life support and is extremely vulnerable. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to keep himself sealed away.

Anyway, where is this hoo-ah about House only being interested in serving Vegas?
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#37Jstretch19Posted 3/23/2013 8:31:16 AM
Rikashi posted...

The thing about Caesar's Legion is that Caesar has no real heirs (at least as far as I can tell), his Legion doesn't support his ideals, they support him. As soon as both he and Lanius die its going to fall apart due to in-fighting.
---
Screw GS
#38RikashiPosted 3/23/2013 8:38:04 AM
Jstretch19 posted...
Rikashi posted...

The thing about Caesar's Legion is that Caesar has no real heirs (at least as far as I can tell), his Legion doesn't support his ideals, they support him. As soon as both he and Lanius die its going to fall apart due to in-fighting.

That's assuming a worst-case scenario. When I talk Caesar's Legion, I mean the the group that had time to settle down in New Vegas after winning and has the potential to transform into Caesar's vision of an Empire, not just a roaming army. After that has happened, there's plenty of time to start looking for a heir.
#39Apex1619Posted 3/23/2013 9:03:08 AM
Mine would be a tie between Imperials/NCR and Imperials/Mr.House
---
Oh sheesh y'all, twas a dream!
#40turn_basedPosted 3/23/2013 9:35:49 AM(edited)
Pleased to see Imperials/House faring so well. Them sum reel thinkin folks right dare!

Woops, read the poll wrong! (Who's the smarty pants now turd_based? Not you! Ha,ha!)

Guess tied for second is... .... ... is... ... yeah, deplorable.