For those of you who have played Skyrim and Fallout: New Vegas...

#61Evil_SandwichPosted 3/24/2013 11:42:47 AM
I kill everyone in both games.
#62sunbro1Posted 3/24/2013 11:55:47 AM(edited)
kylekillgannon posted...
sunbro1 posted...
Best ending in my eyes. BoS are ok, NCR leave safely and the mk 2 securitrons keep the riots down much more. Also I HAVE THE POWER!

The Brotherhood are idiots, idiots crippled by their stigma to remain true to their inconsistent dogmatic codes of conduct. They're far from okay. They are hermits, zealots, elitists, and likely very inbred.

I said they are ok in my ending because they are alive not that they are ok people. Maybe read my post properly?
---
Ours is the fury
#63RikashiPosted 3/24/2013 11:53:56 AM
RebelElite791 posted...
That's like saying "People in Nazi Germany were safer than X because they were so afraid of being killed if they misbehaved"

And no, Ive had the game since release, Ive just played it for more than like 20 hours recently.

Ah, well that probably explains it :)
#64sunbro1Posted 3/24/2013 11:55:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#65nathraxhPosted 3/24/2013 12:13:22 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
That's like saying "People in Nazi Germany were safer than X because they were so afraid of being killed if they misbehaved"

Well, yeah, maybe, but they are safe. If the threat of a violent and painful death holds a guy back from forming a band of raiders and ransacking a small village, who loses out?

It might actually be better to ask 'if all the raiders who used to ransack villages have met gruesome ends, who loses out?' Other than the raiders, of course.
---
Dwarf shortage.
#66kylekillgannonPosted 3/24/2013 9:40:50 PM
RebelElite791 posted...

And no, Ive had the game since release, Ive just played it for more than like 20 hours recently.

You ride that Godwin's Law!

The Legion is a pre-modern ideal set. Overall their society is set to be highly civil in the core, with strict role sets for pretty much everyone in it. It's a strict, yet apparently happy life for people pooled into Caesar's cult of personality.

The man himself is actually the second/third smartest character in the game. He understands that their practices to profligates is barbaric but he feels it's one of their strongest assets in destroying the morale of anyone on their opposition. Outside of that, he was of the most amiable persons to speak with. He has ideals, he has a viable set of plans for handling the wasteland, and is an incredibly capable leader.

The Legion is incompatible with Nazi Germany, as they are two wildly different sets of ideals on their foundation.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#67kylekillgannonPosted 3/24/2013 9:41:50 PM
sunbro1 posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
sunbro1 posted...
Best ending in my eyes. BoS are ok, NCR leave safely and the mk 2 securitrons keep the riots down much more. Also I HAVE THE POWER!

The Brotherhood are idiots, idiots crippled by their stigma to remain true to their inconsistent dogmatic codes of conduct. They're far from okay. They are hermits, zealots, elitists, and likely very inbred.

I said they are ok in my ending because they are alive not that they are ok people. Maybe read my post properly?

Doesn't change the fact you let a bunch of idiots live who are going to try and steal your guns. >_>
---
#68RebelElite791Posted 3/24/2013 9:47:14 PM
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

The Legion is a pre-modern ideal set. Overall their society is set to be highly civil in the core, with strict role sets for pretty much everyone in it. It's a strict, yet apparently happy life for people pooled into Caesar's cult of personality.

The man himself is actually the second/third smartest character in the game. He understands that their practices to profligates is barbaric but he feels it's one of their strongest assets in destroying the morale of anyone on their opposition. Outside of that, he was of the most amiable persons to speak with. He has ideals, he has a viable set of plans for handling the wasteland, and is an incredibly capable leader.

The Legion is incompatible with Nazi Germany, as they are two wildly different sets of ideals on their foundation.

I'm not talking about ideals. I'm speaking purely of methods and what they are to their people/outsiders.

And just because Caesar is smart....well that's really pretty irrelevant to what I'm arguing.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/NvRUjep.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xqJhbJ3.jpg
#69kylekillgannonPosted 3/24/2013 9:54:03 PM
RebelElite791 posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
RebelElite791 posted...

I'm not talking about ideals. I'm speaking purely of methods and what they are to their people/outsiders.

And just because Caesar is smart....well that's really pretty irrelevant to what I'm arguing.

Whatever outsiders think of them only matters to Caesar as a strategy in war. Basically, if you're not one of them they really don't care how you feel about them.

And Caesar is smart enough to understand that it's not a pleasant thing he's doing by hanging people on telephone poles and putting heads on posts. But it is certainly a sound method of putting the fear of god into anyone they're fighting.

The NCR is only the opposite to the Legion. Seemingly nice, but just as self righteous and close minded as the Legion. And possibly even worse to their people, as well as barely making the most pleasant group to engage as they themselves are overly militaristic but undoubtedly more entitled.

I'd rather be told it will be nice to see you on the battlefield than to be told that I'm eventually going to be shot in the back at some point.
---
#70namewitheldPosted 3/24/2013 9:56:41 PM
In NV I prefer House and the NCR.

NCR is an idealised version of current American society ( incompetent rulers but competent civilians/miltitary). Its almost TOO Hollywood but Obsidians writers carry it.

House knows more about everything than anyone alive and is also the only reason the Mojave isnt a complete wasteland.

Skrims civil war is a complete irrelevance to me. I cant even remember a single mission/conversation from either side.