Enchanted weapons and conjuration?

#1aWarlock101Posted 3/23/2013 8:41:53 PM
My set is up is mainly one handed-heavy armor assassin. So bow and sneak and whatnot. Anyway I have my armor set up to give myself a 0 conjuration casting cost. So I was wondering if there were any enchantments I could use so I never have to refill my weapons. I'm gong to guess that Banish and soul trap would be two. But are there any others? Ones perhaps more useful or entertaining than Banish?

Should I have gone with Destruction or Illusion?
---
"hmmm, a total disaster, like eating a burrito before sex." Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)
#2aWarlock101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:44:28 PM
Actually if anyone knows of fun/entertaining pairs of enchantments I am open for suggestions. I'm duel wielding sword and can duel enchantment each sword. So four enchantments.
---
"hmmm, a total disaster, like eating a burrito before sex." Alec Baldwin (30 Rock)
#3Mick65Posted 3/23/2013 8:56:34 PM
Fortify Destruction reduces elemental weapon damage, illusion for illusion etc...

Chaos enchantment and anything boost the anything significantly. Fire and fiery soul trap for moar fire and full gems. Shock and damage magicka for anti-Mage. A single point of absorb stamina will give you continuous power attacks and extend the life of the charges. Paralyze gets boring after a while, I keep a light weight backup dagger with it for sticky situations.

As far as charges go, only one of the two effects needs zero cost for unlimited charges. You can set the magnitude slider during enchanting to make the zero cost the dominant effect. The difference in the weapons glow will tell you which is which.
---
JAFO
#4aWarlock101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:08:10 PM
The last part I did not know at all. Thank you
---
#5HeavyJay901Posted 3/23/2013 10:08:03 PM
Don't mean to hi-jack, but never heard of this before so I'm hoping for some clarification.

If I have 0 casting cost enchanted armor of let's say destruction. And a sword enchanted with let's say fire my charges will never deplete? And let's have the same armor with a sword that has fire and let's say fear on it a illusion spell it will still have unlimited charges?
#6HeavyJay901Posted 3/23/2013 10:17:13 PM
The only way I've used to reliably refill my charges is to use the black star daedric reward and fight bandits with soul trap on my weapon.
#7HoonDingPosted 3/24/2013 1:30:04 AM
If I have 0 casting cost enchanted armor of let's say destruction. And a sword enchanted with let's say fire my charges will never deplete? And let's have the same armor with a sword that has fire and let's say fear on it a illusion spell it will still have unlimited charges?

Yes, probably. You've got your armor that reduces Destruction costs to zero. Now, when you go to enchant your sword with Fire Damage and Fear, make sure Fire Damage is the dominant enchantment; this means it will glow red for fire damage, instead of whatever the visual effect for Fear is. Then you'll have unlimited charges with it when wearing your zero cost Destruction armor.

Weapon (and staff) charges are calculated based on your skill in whatever magic school the enchantment falls under, which means someone skill in Destruction would get more uses out of a Staff of Firebolts (or a Sword of Embers, for instance). Reduce the casting cost to zero, and you get unlimited charges on your weapon/staff.

Fun fact: With zero cost Destruction, the enchantment on Keening is actually usable.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!