Tips for maximizing Enchanting experience?

#11HoonDingPosted 3/24/2013 1:34:22 AM
Like the other two crafting skills, the EXP you gain is based on the price of the item you create. Always go for the most expensive enchants possible.

Except if you read this topic at all, you'd know that that's not right. It's like smithing before it was patched to reflect value; it increases at a flat rate no matter what you enchant.

The item's value only matters for disenchanting, and even then, I think it's only based on the value of the enchantment. Don't think there's a difference between a Copper and Onyx Circlet of Waterbreathing, and a Legendary Ebony Helmet of Waterbreathing. Someone should test that.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#12Scorex_VIIPosted 3/24/2013 1:41:13 AM
HoonDing posted...
Like the other two crafting skills, the EXP you gain is based on the price of the item you create. Always go for the most expensive enchants possible.

Except if you read this topic at all, you'd know that that's not right. It's like smithing before it was patched to reflect value; it increases at a flat rate no matter what you enchant.

The item's value only matters for disenchanting, and even then, I think it's only based on the value of the enchantment. Don't think there's a difference between a Copper and Onyx Circlet of Waterbreathing, and a Legendary Ebony Helmet of Waterbreathing. Someone should test that.

Thats odd... I was enchanting "Fine clothes" with fortify destruction & magick regen and i would get a small ammount of exp, then enchant a iron dagger with banish and the exp would sky rocket... I made the test, banish levels my skill in just about 3-5 items, while the other with 5 items not even in the half of the counter... Playing PS3, if it matters. All patched too.
#13SaintFC_Posted 3/24/2013 1:59:44 AM
HoonDing posted...

That's not right, you will level up quicker with banish than damage stamina.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is 28'
#14DavidZ2844Posted 3/24/2013 2:14:36 AM
So if the disenchanting item value theory was true, could I theoretically raise my level from 15 to 100 at once if I use the restoration loop to create a huge fortify smithing potion, then improving an item with an enchantment I don't have yet to an insane value and then disenchant it? This definitely already works for raising alchemy and smithing, but it would be awesome if it worked for enchanting as it is the slowest of the 3 to level.
#15SaintFC_Posted 3/24/2013 2:17:33 AM
DavidZ2844 posted...
So if the disenchanting item value theory was true, could I theoretically raise my level from 15 to 100 at once if I use the restoration loop to create a huge fortify smithing potion, then improving an item with an enchantment I don't have yet to an insane value and then disenchant it? This definitely already works for raising alchemy and smithing, but it would be awesome if it worked for enchanting as it is the slowest of the 3 to level.

It's more the value of the enchant than the weapon, I believe.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is 28'
#16jammymacsterPosted 3/24/2013 3:16:39 AM(edited)
Experience when enchanting items DOES NOT vary based on any factors except for the stone and rested bonuses. You always get one base experience regardless of what item you enchant, what enchantment you use, what soul gem is used and the final value of the item.

DavidZ2844 posted...

Yes you can. It's based on the actual value of the item. I've personally levelled enchanting from 15-100 using this method to test it. If I recall correctly you need the item to be worth approx 150,000g to do this.

Shortly I'll upload a video showing that there is no difference in experience when enchanting items regardless of the various factors and that you can get from 15-100 with one disenchant.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Zso2L.jpg
#17JackNurSnakPackPosted 3/24/2013 5:36:52 AM
jammymacster posted...
Experience when enchanting items DOES NOT vary based on any factors except for the stone and rested bonuses. You always get one base experience regardless of what item you enchant, what enchantment you use, what soul gem is used and the final value of the item.

This^ is nice in theory and or the most part also in practice, although I have noticed some discrepancies from game to game, out of 10 of my friends: 4 level in the That^ way (the normal way) 1 Levels from value of the item, 3 Level from value of the Enchantment, and 2 level from strength of the soul gem (I'm in this last one.) It would appear that the game has some issues regarding when it's supposed to use which formulae for which type of leveling. These are all on Enchanting base weapons and armor, we are still working out Disenchanting and Recharging, but so far it appears to be just as random as the regular Enchanting.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#18shorthandlePosted 3/24/2013 6:58:44 AM
Don't forget the Black Star. When you're crawling dungeons and killing folks, it's a shame to waste all those souls. Recharge your soul-trap weapon after every kill. You can easily go up a couple of enchanting levels in one large dungeon.
#19MUDBUTT(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 2:59:39 AM
TC here,

I wanted to thank everyone for the replies. I leveled up to 100 in a few hours.

I activated the Mage Stone, threw on the Atherium Crown and activated the Lover Stone.

I smithed a ton of iron daggers.

I went to the soul cairn with a soul trap weapon, looted and soul capped every enemy for a while and harvested soul fissures. Also just bought soul gems from winterhold and found the basket in the Raven Rock house.

Enchanted the daggers with Banish.

Thanks for the tips!
---
4 8 15 16 23 42 - Got it Memorized?
GT: CptReilly