Do you think the Dark Brotherhood will still be around in TES 6? (spoilers)

#1RikashiPosted 3/24/2013 3:25:46 AM
Let's face it, they are past their prime now. Regardless of whether or not you you destroy the Sanctuary, the DB only has one crappy hideout left (as mentioned in Cicero's journal, I believe). Bethesda got rid of the Fighter's/Mages Guild already, why not replace the DB with a local assassin's guild as well like in Morrowind with the Morang Tong?
#2The_Ivory_ManPosted 3/24/2013 3:29:49 AM
It's probably going to stay
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#3DragonLWPosted 3/24/2013 4:09:15 AM
Maybe maybe not but I can bet on an assassin's guild returning at any rate. If they do away with the DB then I'm sure at least one person from whatever new guild is present will mention Sithis regularly.
---
My dear mortal, don't you realize? The secret to my winning this board is the fact that you can grow without limits while the others never surpass theirs.
#4FMLGPosted 3/24/2013 4:12:09 AM
Rikashi posted...
Let's face it, they are past their prime now. Regardless of whether or not you you destroy the Sanctuary, the DB only has one crappy hideout left (as mentioned in Cicero's journal, I believe). Bethesda got rid of the Fighter's/Mages Guild already, why not replace the DB with a local assassin's guild as well like in Morrowind with the Morag Tong?

This Dark Brotherhood was about rebuilding them, the Empire's assassination is most likely going to be cannon. This is how I imagine Bethesda writing it:
"qeacra, rtfwearvac, Penitus Oculatus had killed most of the dark brotherhood but three survived and killed the Emperor, it is unknown in which order this happened."
Notice how there is ALWAYS at least two people surviving. Cicero and Babette or Nazir and Babette (and maybe Cicero).
---
Remember FMLG told ya!
Sometimes I miss drugs.Then I read gamefaqs. - Beery <3
#5Dreadsword101Posted 3/24/2013 4:52:52 AM
According to Bethesda every major questline is canon, but not all of them were done by the player character. So I assume the Dark Brotherhood will be mostly restored by the next game as long as the time skip is big enough.
#6TwoBladesOneBowPosted 3/24/2013 5:15:43 AM
I think that the questline happened, but at the end the only survivors are Babette and the unknown person(us). It would be cool if Babette was in the next game also.
---
"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start."
#7DeadKanePosted 3/24/2013 5:24:33 AM
I would imagine so. This questline was about returning the DB to their proper traditions and restoring them to their former glory. Would seem kind of pointless if they just failed to exist after that. Though them existing doesn't mean they have to appear in the next game.
---
Watching Russell Wilson go balls deep on my AFC reminded me of my own 3 inch wonder
Matt Schaub turnaround tracker: 12/22 113 yards, 1 TD 2 INT
#8DarkSymbiotePosted 3/24/2013 5:31:16 AM
I made a topic about this once.
---
I like cake.
#9koopabros64Posted 3/24/2013 5:56:17 AM
I would imagine so. This questline was about returning the DB to their proper traditions and restoring them to their former glory. Would seem kind of pointless if they just failed to exist after that. Though them existing doesn't mean they have to appear in the next game.

This.
---
The Platypus, the reason games like spore exist.
#10Calm_Down_ManPosted 3/24/2013 5:58:04 AM
I think it depends on how soon the next game takes place on the time line after Skyrim, also where the game takes place.