whats more Fun in Master Difficulty a MAGE or ASASSIN ?

#1Brian_ON_PinasPosted 3/24/2013 5:19:38 AM
i know cant decide which i feel both are amazingly fun so heeeeleeelp :(
#2PootbirdPosted 3/24/2013 5:21:18 AM
Your gonna die alot if your skills as a Mage or assassin are not very high
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
Elder scrolls RP: Elixium, High elf vampire lord.
#3RikashiPosted 3/24/2013 5:22:21 AM
Mages are fun no matter what, though pretty frustrating at first to play on Master.

I feel like stealth loses it's edge quickly, since even on the highest difficulties you can easily one-shot most enemies and evade (through magic or sneaking) the rest.
#4neithskyePosted 3/24/2013 5:34:03 AM
To be fair, I have never played an assassin, but playing my mage on Master is an absolute riot. I love when things get hectic, because there are so many things you can do as a mage.

I also have not died once as a mage on Master (well, except for that whole ugly husband-chucked-me-down-the-Tel-Mithryn-elevator-shaft incident).
#5PootbirdPosted 3/24/2013 5:37:58 AM
Well mages were much more fun in oblvion in my opinion, you had to use a mix of them all to do well unlike in skyrim where one can stick to one school, it's too bland
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
Elder scrolls RP: Elixium, High elf vampire lord.
#6BushidoEffect3Posted 3/24/2013 5:44:40 AM
Master difficulty- not fun.
---
ESRB got this right
http://i.imgur.com/0Gp3HNz.png
#7Spinder1Posted 3/24/2013 5:55:28 AM(edited)
Playing stealth on Master seems almost pointless to me. If you oneshot every enemy, it's no different from lower difficulties. If you don't, it just makes you have to stop playing stealth and start playing melee or magical direct or indirect combat instead. If a hybrid character like that is what you want then fair enough, but pure stealth on Master, I dunno. It seems like it would either just remove the satisfaction of successfully assassinating your targets in a clean blow, or force you to alchesmithchant a bunch of stuff so you can do it... and make the game no different from what it would be on Adept without having to spend hours leveling crafting skills.
---
Let him be king over charred bones and cooked meat. Let him be the king of ashes
#8Evil_SandwichPosted 3/24/2013 6:10:36 AM
Mages are actually very easy to play at lower levels on Master if you know what you're doing.

If you do go mage, focus on leveling Destruction and Conjuration early on until they are both at least 25, then grab the Apprentice level perks for both (you can do this by level 5).

Get the spells Firebolt and Flame Atronach ASAP.

Flame Atronach can be gotten for free from Faralda at the College of Winterhold (save infront of her then reload until she gives you Flame Atronach).

Staves of Storm Atronach can be made at the Atronach Forge in the College of Winterhold midden at ANY level, just collect a Grand/Greater Soul Gem, Broom, Void Salts, and Orichalcum Ingot/Ore(they DO NOT require a Sigil Stone to make).

Lydia is one of the BEST followers for a low level mage get her ASAP as well.

Adept Robes of Destruction can be gotten from Marcurio in Riften even at level 1 ( just use the Ice Form/Pickpocket trick to get it off him).
#9NaughtyOctopusPosted 3/24/2013 6:10:58 AM
BushidoEffect3 posted...
Master difficulty- not fun.

the TC already pretty much said that he finds master difficulty fun (or at least that's implied), so I'm not sure the point of this post
#10Evil_SandwichPosted 3/24/2013 6:32:26 AM
Also, TC another mage tip I forgot to add is doing the Blood on Ice quest to get the Necromaner's Amulet, it gives you 25% Conjuration cost Redux and +50 Magicka, perfect item for a low level mage character.