I need some help with a build..

#1NaughtyOctopusPosted 3/24/2013 6:20:28 PM
Ever since my "how do you justify a Dunmer Stormcloak?" topic I've decided that now I really want to make one. I like the Dunmer, I like the Stormcloaks, so I figured why not.

I'm having a bit of trouble because, since my Dunmer is going to fight for the Stormcloaks, I wanted to make him fight closer to what you see Nords normally do to look more "appealing" (2h, preferably) while also retaining the fighting style you normally associate with Dunmer (such as magic and stealth). And that's the part where I got lost, because everything started conflicting and I hate using magic and 2h together because it just seems so.. crude. Some help here would be nice.
#2Evil_SandwichPosted 3/24/2013 6:29:38 PM
Ditch the magic (It's pointless since you have to sheathe your weapon to cast).

Don't bother with Sneak either.

Just do a regular 2 hand/heavy build, except make your character a dark elf.
#3NaughtyOctopus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:32:31 PM
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Ditch the magic (It's pointless since you have to sheathe your weapon to cast).

Don't bother with Sneak either.

Just do a regular 2 hand/heavy build, except make your character a dark elf.

but that doesn't really feel like anything special to me. i could use dual wield instead i guess
#4ggrissomPosted 3/24/2013 6:34:12 PM
Why not sword and board and use magic in your shield or sword hand when you feel like using it.
---
PSN= MKEBrewCrew
#5NaughtyOctopus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:35:26 PM
ggrissom posted...
Why not sword and board and use magic in your shield or sword hand when you feel like using it.

I can absolutely do that, I've just used sword and shield a lot so I'm kind of sick of it. Never done a 2h or dual wield guy.
#6TwoBladesOneBowPosted 3/24/2013 6:36:33 PM
Use bound battle axe. You could still sneak, and use other spells while keeping the same stormcloak/ two handed feeling. Just cast it when you need it.
---
"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start."
#7NaughtyOctopus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:37:52 PM
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
Use bound battle axe. You could still sneak, and use other spells while keeping the same stormcloak/ two handed feeling. Just cast it when you need it.

I've read that Bound Battleaxe kind of sucks on master difficulty later on in the game. I've never used it so I'm not sure, but, is that true?
#8Mick65Posted 3/24/2013 6:39:48 PM
Spellshield.

Use stealth and/or illusion to scout ahead and locate the enemy and formulate an attack plan. Block perks can mitigate ranged damage as you cast destruction to soften them up. Bash/disarm bash gives you time to draw your axe with hack and slash perks and make them bleed, the Nord way.

I like your idea.
---
JAFO
#9NaughtyOctopus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:40:58 PM
Mick65 posted...
Spellshield.

Use stealth and/or illusion to scout ahead and locate the enemy and formulate an attack plan. Block perks can mitigate ranged damage as you cast destruction to soften them up. Bash/disarm bash gives you time to draw your axe with hack and slash perks and make them bleed, the Nord way.

I like your idea.

sounds like it could work
#10RawePosted 3/24/2013 6:41:04 PM
No idea? Is it true?
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ