I need some help with a build..

#11TwoBladesOneBowPosted 3/24/2013 5:41:50 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
TwoBladesOneBow posted...
Use bound battle axe. You could still sneak, and use other spells while keeping the same stormcloak/ two handed feeling. Just cast it when you need it.

I've read that Bound Battleaxe kind of sucks on master difficulty later on in the game. I've never used it so I'm not sure, but, is that true?

Compared to the smithed/ enchanted weapons. It isn't that great. But, your other skills can help. What are your other skills?
---
"From where you're kneeling, it must seem like an 18-carat string of bad luck. But the truth is... the game was rigged from the start."
#12NaughtyOctopus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:41:55 PM
Rawe posted...
No idea? Is it true?

what
#13NaughtyOctopus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:44:48 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
Use bound battle axe. You could still sneak, and use other spells while keeping the same stormcloak/ two handed feeling. Just cast it when you need it.

I've read that Bound Battleaxe kind of sucks on master difficulty later on in the game. I've never used it so I'm not sure, but, is that true?

Compared to the smithed/ enchanted weapons. It isn't that great. But, your other skills can help. What are your other skills?

i was probably going to go with light armor (i want to do thieves guild and i feel like this just fits as opposed to heavy armor), a weapon skill (2h for bound battleaxe in this case), probably illusion, conjuration, and either destruction or archery. sneak too but it'll probably be unperked. i'm not too good at designing builds
#14Mick65Posted 3/24/2013 5:45:59 PM
I was late with the post, didn't see the S/B you did.

Dual wield BS in light armor and some shouts is real fun, fast paced. Easy to switch between spells and stuff.

Note: If you go for this, as you dual cast BS, quickly hit the favs menu, then exit out of it. There can be a real annoying lag with BS especially your right hand and this eliminates it.
---
JAFO
#15LockeadonPosted 3/24/2013 5:50:49 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...
Ditch the magic (It's pointless since you have to sheathe your weapon to cast).

Don't bother with Sneak either.

Just do a regular 2 hand/heavy build, except make your character a dark elf.

but that doesn't really feel like anything special to me. i could use dual wield instead i guess

any build done right can be good. in fact its extremely easy to become op in this game just by accident. so what i would do is try a few combat styles with your dunmer and just see which you like most and put perks in those skills. dunmers racials are just as well suited to an up close and personal approach as anything nords get so if thats the kind of character you want you'll be just fine.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#16NaughtyOctopus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 5:52:06 PM
Mick65 posted...
I was late with the post, didn't see the S/B you did.

Dual wield BS in light armor and some shouts is real fun, fast paced. Easy to switch between spells and stuff.

Note: If you go for this, as you dual cast BS, quickly hit the favs menu, then exit out of it. There can be a real annoying lag with BS especially your right hand and this eliminates it.

is there any way you could possibly perk this out on skyrimcalculator? i keep struggling to get it under level 51
#17Mick65Posted 3/24/2013 6:39:27 PM
Level 25:

One handed; armsman 3/5, dual flurry 2/2, fighting stance. Dual savagery is what you're going for, but try to keep your skills relatively even. SS and CC can be added soon after, but see how the style fleshes out at this point. You may want to focus more on another skill depending on how you feel.

Light armor: agile defender 3/5, custom fit, unhindered. Not as many matching sets as you may think, not a great perk. Fill the left side and the / perks as you are able.

Illusion: hypnotic gaze, novice -> apprentice perks. You'll want AoT, then MotM but not until you have augmented flames 2/2. Dual casting will increase the level of affect by 20% but for way more magicka so you may or may not want that eventually. Muffle and invisibility will be useful for sneaking and you won't need any stealth perks. You may want to go as high as expert.

Conjuration: novice ->adept, mystic binding. This skill levels incredibly fast if you cast your bound weapons near an enemy. Quiet casting from illusion may be an option if you're planing on stealth attacks. You probably won't need any more perks in this tree.

Destruction: novice->adept, dual casting, impact, augmented flames 2/2.

I recommend about a 1/2/1 stat spread, you can vary it how things develop and what gear you find.

Illusion can lag behind if you don't use it consistently. Get muffle asap and that will help. Fury enemies from stealth every chance you get and then go in.
---
JAFO
#18NaughtyOctopus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:49:24 PM
Thanks. I'm curious-- do I need to do the College to get some of the later Destruction and Illusion spells?
#19Mick65Posted 3/24/2013 6:58:32 PM
You only really need access to the college, not play the whole quest. If you take the tour you should be able to buy spells from almost everyone. If you start the 'first lesson' tolfdier will be at sarthal soon after and you'll need to do some quests to get him back. But he is the alteration teacher.
---
JAFO
#20LockeadonPosted 3/24/2013 8:16:54 PM
NaughtyOctopus posted...
Thanks. I'm curious-- do I need to do the College to get some of the later Destruction and Illusion spells?

the only school you need to do more than join the college for to get master spells for is restoration. some of the master spells can be a bit of a pain to get blind, but there are doubtless guides and such to help with those if you end up getting frustrated. btw almost all the master spells can be really useful if you know what your doing especially call to arms and harmony in illusion, just keep in mind sometimes other spells work better, most of the master spells main benefits are more in huge aoe than raw power. there are exceptions of course, but alot of the time expert level spells will do more against a single target or in some cases adept (fireball chain lightning and ice storm) for small groups entirely cause master spells cant be boosted with dual cast cause they already use both hands. although they are usually better than a single handed version of course. then too they take 6 seconds to cast and are easy to interrupt so in terms of dps or spamming effects quickly they are often surpassed by lower level spells as well.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider