What changes would you make to this game?

#1pinky0926Posted 3/25/2013 5:43:00 PM
I think about this every time something bothers me, and while I can't imagine how much of a logistical nightmare it must be putting a game like this together I still can't help thinking how they could screw up some really simple things.

- I'd overhaul Smithing/looting so that looting is still the best way to get your gear. Perhaps there would be more unique weapons that no smithed weapon could compare to or smithing would be hugely expensive/require lots of skill for high quality weapons, whatever. Point being is you can't just form your best weapons at the start of the game.

- With smithing there would be visual improvements to go along with "fine, superior", etc. Fine would just be shinier, superior would be more ornate, and so on. But you'd also require more precious materials. No more Legendary weapons forged from a single steel ingot.

- I'd make skyforge steel look different and harder to get. Probably as an award at the end of the companions quest. It makes no sense that the game gives you such an awesome weapon just for signing up to the guild, and on my first playthrough I was increasingly frustrated each time I got a new weapon only for it to be poor compared to the skyforge equivalent.

- More varied quests. It seems like nearly every quest is "Get my ___ from that fort and kill the bad guys".

- Character faces. It's a *huge* improvement on Oblivion, but whats up with your character having to look filthy and haggard? I'd at least give you the wrinkle-free complexion option and more obvious eye colour differences.

- More monsters out there in the wild. Skyrim feels empty a lot of the time. Should be facing something scarier than a wolf when I'm trekking deep in the wild away from the safety of the paths.
---
pinky0926 - CE's resident Scotsman. "Only in America."
http://i39.tinypic.com/9rnbex.jpg
#2Dr4g0n_S1ay3rPosted 3/25/2013 6:02:55 PM
improved dragon mount control nuff said
#3turn_basedPosted 3/25/2013 6:07:02 PM
Correct 1st person height for races like Morrowind and Oblivion.

Toggle Essential NPC's.

I like the idea of weapon and armor varieties.

Cheers.
#4FranchisePlayerPosted 3/25/2013 6:10:45 PM
I think some minor cosmetic things when making armor. How do you want your dagger to look? Strait edged, or serrated? Your armor, blocky shoulders, or rounded shoulders? Etc.

Only other thing, dual wield blocking. How could I NOT block your one sword with my two?

Otherwise...great game. I'm not askin much.
---
Mike Lakomiak.
#5VadelentPosted 3/25/2013 6:11:40 PM
beastlegs
---
I`ll think of something witty eventually... or maybe not... most likely not though
#6Kai_LagunaPosted 3/25/2013 6:21:00 PM
-better difficulty, instead of just taking X less damage and deal X more damage, have their AI scale
-At least triple the face customization options available
-a more in depth body customization, height, fat, muscularity, and yes, for the females a boob slider. Such a waste that our only options are buff and slightly more buff for men and anorexic and slightly less anorexic for females
-more unique gear, all this random loot is lame
-armor and weapons visual customization
-unlink body and leg armor, bring back pauldrons, add capes, allow wearing of clothes and armor at the same time(and have the various combinations visibly noticeable.
-bring back digitigrade Argonians and Khajiit
-add a bonus to spellpower that scales with level
-larger bestiary, both mundane and fantastical
-improve the favorites. I'd favor a combination of the older oblivion/fallout style and the current one. Tap the button and it behaves like the old version, hold to bring up the current style one. And in addition, each direction could have it's own list,
-Dragons need to be rarer and tougher, and have access to ALL shouts
that's all I can think of for now
#7pinky0926(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 6:21:02 PM
- I'd also make character age adjustable. That was in Oblivion, why take it out?

FranchisePlayer posted...

Only other thing, dual wield blocking. How could I NOT block your one sword with my two?

I think that was just because dual-wielding is the most powerful attack in the game. Giving it a blocking function would make it overkill. In a practical sense, blocking someone else's attack without your arms working together or a shield to disperse the blow would actually be hard.
---
pinky0926 - CE's resident Scotsman. "Only in America."
http://i39.tinypic.com/9rnbex.jpg
#8Kai_LagunaPosted 3/25/2013 6:22:24 PM
oh wait, one more minor one, have your off hand weapon visible when you sheathe it
#9Kai_LagunaPosted 3/25/2013 6:25:50 PM
- I'd also make character age adjustable. That was in Oblivion, why take it out?

It's still there, they just renamed it to like, complexion or something
#10RebelElite791Posted 3/25/2013 6:26:34 PM
Kai_Laguna posted...
oh wait, one more minor one, have your off hand weapon visible when you sheathe it

I'd like bow/2h on the back too. Would be smexeh.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/NvRUjep.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xqJhbJ3.jpg