Patch clarification

#1LordTrinenPosted 3/25/2013 7:39:25 PM
I know the new patch isn't out on the consoles yet but there seem to be enough PC players around leaking info that someone might be able to answer a question.

It sounds like there are going to be a lot of useful fixes in the next patch. Most of them are pretty clear but I would like some clarification about the companion/follower equipment fix.

I don't use followers very often, mainly because it was very annoying getting them to equip and re-equip any gear I give them. The patch notes say "Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them". I assume that, at least, you can just give them a stronger piece of gear and they will equip it without much hassle. But will they keep it equipped? If I give Lydia a set of Daedric Armor, dismiss her, leave the cell, fast travel to various areas and return, will she still be wearing the Daedric Armor or will she have reverted back to her old gear?

Or is it still too soon to ask this?
#2ninji_Posted 3/25/2013 7:41:49 PM
I hope they mean bows, when they say that followers will equip better weapons/armor.
---
-Quote:EmperorCarnate-
Hey, I'll stand on my soap box and spew false information all I please, this is Gfaqs, baby.
#3TarentulaPosted 3/25/2013 7:52:39 PM
LordTrinen posted...
I know the new patch isn't out on the consoles yet but there seem to be enough PC players around leaking info that someone might be able to answer a question.

It sounds like there are going to be a lot of useful fixes in the next patch. Most of them are pretty clear but I would like some clarification about the companion/follower equipment fix.

I don't use followers very often, mainly because it was very annoying getting them to equip and re-equip any gear I give them. The patch notes say "Companions will equip better weapons and armor if given to them". I assume that, at least, you can just give them a stronger piece of gear and they will equip it without much hassle. But will they keep it equipped? If I give Lydia a set of Daedric Armor, dismiss her, leave the cell, fast travel to various areas and return, will she still be wearing the Daedric Armor or will she have reverted back to her old gear?

Doesn't she already do this? Followers tend to revert back to their old outfit, but once you ask them to follow you again they reequip everything they used to wear before being dismissed.

My experience.
#4LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 8:00:56 PM
Tarentula posted...
LordTrinen posted...

Doesn't she already do this? Followers tend to revert back to their old outfit, but once you ask them to follow you again they reequip everything they used to wear before being dismissed.

My experience.

The few times I've used followers I've had to take back the stronger gear and give it to them again to make them re-equip it. I don't think they've ever re-equipped it by themselves.

Plus I wouldn't mind seeing Lydia and my other housecarls just sitting around the house in different outfits. For example I might decorate a house with nothing but Daedric weapons and armor. Having a housecarl sitting around wearing Daedric armor and carrying Daedric weapons would be a nice touch.
#5DougymcPosted 3/25/2013 8:02:37 PM
They still revert back to their default armor when dismissed, and from my experience the bow problem still exists.

I'm not really sure what it means.
#6LordTrinen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 8:10:03 PM
Dougymc posted...
They still revert back to their default armor when dismissed, and from my experience the bow problem still exists.

Then what exactly is this fix supposed to...fix?
#7IamI3rianPosted 3/25/2013 8:17:47 PM
LordTrinen posted...
Dougymc posted...

Then what exactly is this fix supposed to...fix?

Other PC players have mentioned (on here) that the bow issue is in fact fixed in 1.9. Notably Rawe, but a few others as well.

I'm not certain where the problem lies, but I know it's a mod conflict of some kind. Either your end or theirs.

We won't know (sadly) until it drops for us. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
My dragon shout flow is sweeter than a SodaStream!
#8DougymcPosted 3/25/2013 8:32:39 PM(edited)
IamI3rian posted...
Other PC players have mentioned (on here) that the bow issue is in fact fixed in 1.9. Notably Rawe, but a few others as well.

I'm not certain where the problem lies, but I know it's a mod conflict of some kind. Either your end or theirs.

We won't know (sadly) until it drops for us. = /

I had all of my mods deactivated during testing, after the first test where it appeared to work. I still might be wrong, of course.

I'm wondering if it is meaning that they will actually equip the best weapon based on their skills and not whatever it is currently? I'm really just guessing at this point, though.
#9IamI3rianPosted 3/25/2013 9:19:46 PM
NO ONE'S best ranged weapon is a default hunting bow. = )

Unless of course, you hand them an unimproved longbow.

I dunno, I hope you're wrong... yet I fear you may not be. I'm not certain Rawe's mods were all disabled. Could be only certain followers were repaired. I recall someone mentioned Jen was fixed, as was Faendal. Maybe there's a few who escaped the repair.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
My dragon shout flow is sweeter than a SodaStream!
#10DougymcPosted 3/25/2013 9:25:35 PM
Yeah, I meant to say melee...