WTF!! my game just froze at the beginning after spending 30min making my char.

#1GuttaRepPosted 3/25/2013 10:37:21 PM
I got to the part where the dragon breaks open the tower and breathes fire and you have to jump down into the house. Well two steps into the house it froze. I just installed patch 1.8 and was excited to play again after so long.
---
_
_
#2IamI3rianPosted 3/25/2013 10:41:28 PM
That sucks. Save after making your character next time, just in case. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
My dragon shout flow is sweeter than a SodaStream!
#3GuttaRep(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 10:47:36 PM
Maybe it happened to me because this time I didn't wait for the dragon to breathe fire. As soon as he broke open the wall I jumped into the house. I just just trying to rush through the tutorial.

On a positive note, it autosaved after I made my character. So no harm no foul
---
_
_
#4BushidoEffect3Posted 3/25/2013 10:56:33 PM
Never happened before. This is a sign you must kill Ulfric. There has been many topics on Imperial vs stormcloak. Forget those savages. They will only lead to more instability had they gotten their way.
---
ESRB got this right
http://i.imgur.com/0Gp3HNz.png
#5Jakobs_FodderPosted 3/25/2013 11:02:28 PM
To remain on topic: Yeah, I've had that happen before. It really sucks; I've heard it could be related to loading the autosave before character creation. I'm not sure if that was ever patched, that's why I mention it.

I presume this means the OI glitch is no longer viable?
Good things can come from procrastinating, apparently. You see, I just moved and I've been stalling on getting AT&T to come install the internets. I've been playing/powerleveling offline whilst I debate the whole situation, so I've got a good three or four characters tucked away at level 81 within the first few weeks of game-time.
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#6alex1_2_3_4_5Posted 3/25/2013 11:21:00 PM
Sometimes everyone should just laugh.
---
Black 2 FC: 0605 5786 7352
#7Scorex_VIIPosted 3/25/2013 11:39:04 PM
One of my characters once froze when Alduin arrives on top of the tower, just before our excution. He did the shout that calls forth comets or whatever that is (Never did the MQ after "way of the voice" lol...) Gladly, the only auto save that is mandatory was just a few minutes ago, after having spent almost 40 minutes to creat my Imperial Vampire.

Now i know better! Plus, im so expert at making the same Imperial build... Always the same guy lol. Its the only one that looks extremely cool when becomes a vampire. He even gets better looking imo. But now im just rambling off topic!

On topic again, i hate crashes like everyone else, so i save often... But i HATE when the game crashes AFTER i pick the save option :/ not sure if this is a specific PS3 problem, or its just my console, but its annoying... Now i just pick the save option sloooowly, seems to work. Tho im not saying it crashes everytime, maybe once a day, if i rush the saving process.
#8NekoSlavePosted 3/26/2013 12:35:40 AM
The game autosaves right after creation, even if you have it set to Off.
---
I was able to reload my assault rifle in front of one of them because they were too busy looking threatening. -Rob_Indahood
#9marathonplayer1Posted 3/26/2013 2:39:40 AM
Gambryo:

The worst gaming engine know to man!

I don't understand why Bethesda insisted on using this piece of crap for skyrim.
---
If you think your crappy crap egg role can beat my pink frosted sprinkled donuts of awesome, then your on, C*** GOBLIN!
#10BushidoEffect3Posted 3/26/2013 3:11:27 AM
Umm, no.. Skyrim doesn't run on Gamebryo. You don't even need to be a PC gamer to know this. It's called Creation Engine. FO3 and NV use Gamebryo.
Hence, the official mod tools provided by Bethesda is known as "Creation Kit".
---
ESRB got this right
http://i.imgur.com/0Gp3HNz.png