So...how bad are the spiders in this game?

#71the_arisenPosted 3/26/2013 5:58:37 PM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
the_arisen posted...

2) your timidness around horses is nothing like being scared of spiders. You are timid around horses because chances are you grew up in the city and really have had no contact with them, not because of irrational fear. Horses can sense things like fear and timidness and are most likely reacting to your body language, and skittishness. Also pretty sure that the sight of horses doesnt make you disgusted/fearful/ anxious

Only quoteing this part since it's the only one directed to me alone it seems.

Acutally I grew up in the country mostof my life, only lived in a City untill I was five. And have been to places with them from a young age, I honestly can't explain why I am fearful (or Skidish as you put it which is in all honesty a more accurate way to put it) of them at all.

And yeah when I see a horse going down the road, which is common where I live as people will occasionally ride though a part of town to get them from one pasture to another, I up and turn the other way and walk away from them.

No where did I say it was the same thing, I was just offering some advice to the TC, it's in a game. I also have a brother with Severe Arachnaphobia (Litterally runs screaming from his room if he sees on in there for someone to kill it), but he still plays several games with Spiders in them, like Skyrim, Minecraft, and others. I do understand each case is diffrent, but I was still trying to offer some encouragement to the TC.

Haha wasnt meaning anything buy it. I just took a guess that you were from the city, and it was inexperience more than true fear due to the way you described it. Most people I talk to on GF havent seen a horse in real life, let alone ridden one. Although I totally get were you are coming from about horses. They are quite intimidating, due simply to their stature. Also its alot different once you get up close to one and realize how much power they actually have, and how badly they could hurt you if you provoked them.
---
I'm taking the "N" word back... Yeah that's right... N'wah for life
#72MrcTOtheJPosted 3/26/2013 6:02:08 PM
the_arisen posted...
MrcTOtheJ posted...
the_arisen posted...

2) your timidness around horses is nothing like being scared of spiders. You are timid around horses because chances are you grew up in the city and really have had no contact with them, not because of irrational fear. Horses can sense things like fear and timidness and are most likely reacting to your body language, and skittishness. Also pretty sure that the sight of horses doesnt make you disgusted/fearful/ anxious

Only quoteing this part since it's the only one directed to me alone it seems.

Acutally I grew up in the country mostof my life, only lived in a City untill I was five. And have been to places with them from a young age, I honestly can't explain why I am fearful (or Skidish as you put it which is in all honesty a more accurate way to put it) of them at all.

And yeah when I see a horse going down the road, which is common where I live as people will occasionally ride though a part of town to get them from one pasture to another, I up and turn the other way and walk away from them.

No where did I say it was the same thing, I was just offering some advice to the TC, it's in a game. I also have a brother with Severe Arachnaphobia (Litterally runs screaming from his room if he sees on in there for someone to kill it), but he still plays several games with Spiders in them, like Skyrim, Minecraft, and others. I do understand each case is diffrent, but I was still trying to offer some encouragement to the TC.

Haha wasnt meaning anything buy it. I just took a guess that you were from the city, and it was inexperience more than true fear due to the way you described it. Most people I talk to on GF havent seen a horse in real life, let alone ridden one. Although I totally get were you are coming from about horses. They are quite intimidating, due simply to their stature. Also its alot different once you get up close to one and realize how much power they actually have, and how badly they could hurt you if you provoked them.

Nah I know you didn't mean anything by it. Most people who aren't fond of them have never left a city or seen them.

And yeah it's mainly a size thing, even though I'm a bigger guy a horse would make my life bad if I made it angry. I think that my distaste for them increased in 5th Grade when a Girl I knew who did local rodeo stuff got bucked off and kicked square in the stomach, nearly died from what I heard.

From what I hear now, she's still riding them, didn't slow her down at all hardly. Though I don't know for sure I moved later that year anyways.

Maybe someday I'll get over it, but till then I keep a respectable distance from horses.
---
Currently playing: Fallout 3 (the Umpteenth time) Need For Speed:MW 2012 Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (PS3)
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2
#73Zegma310Posted 3/26/2013 7:58:34 PM
Overburdened posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
I'm scared of spiders in real life. But don't have a severe phobia like you tc. Anyone else?

So glad they aren't as BIG as in skyrim. Frostbite spiders come in different sizes. Small, medium, and huge, which are the toughest, like bosses. They're rare however.

What is the most dangerous spider? It's not Black widow is it? Which countries?

There's one called a 'brown recluse' which rots you flesh away around the bite area, gets really nasty. (Not sure where they are, pretty sure it's Australia)

Brown Recluse are in the US, They have a pretty high population here in Michigan. I got bit by one once but got the area treated quickly enough so no permanent damage was done.
---
DD Pawn: Scath Ciche
Nickles is money too, come on guys...
#74General_TimPosted 3/26/2013 8:50:11 PM
I live on a farm, at one time we had three full sized quarter horses that LOVED to break out of the pasture. They got out one morning all I heard was “the horses are out” this was at 7:00. I had to get up get some pants, and shoes on very quickly because we have a dog that would try to wrangle them. The only way to get them back in was to literally run at them yelling YAW,YAW! Felt like freakin' Joe Cartwright.
---
Now see what you've done. You've gone and made me immortal.
You can try to MOD me but I will come back as something else every time.
#75Ben1620Posted 3/26/2013 10:24:52 PM
In australia theres the redback, sydney funnel web and the brown recluse sounds like our white tip spider their bites do the same thing pretty much.
#76HELLWOLF06Posted 3/26/2013 10:44:26 PM
you could close your eyes and wail at them blindly / have a follower do the work

they 1 hit and die for most part
---
Try to find Gamefaqs http://xkcd.com/802_large/
http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h474/BunnySock/mabinogi_2012_07_10_001.jpg
#77PathlessBulletPosted 3/26/2013 10:58:32 PM
The things that makes spiders so scary in my opinion is their small size.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#78Ryan-06Posted 3/26/2013 11:00:57 PM(edited)
JackNurSnakPack posted...
Overburdened posted...
BushidoEffect3 posted...
I'm scared of spiders in real life. But don't have a severe phobia like you tc. Anyone else?

So glad they aren't as BIG as in skyrim. Frostbite spiders come in different sizes. Small, medium, and huge, which are the toughest, like bosses. They're rare however.

What is the most dangerous spider? It's not Black widow is it? Which countries?

There's one called a 'brown recluse' which rots you flesh away around the bite area, gets really nasty. (Not sure where they are, pretty sure it's Australia)

Brazilian wandering spider, super venemous, mainly found in brazil etc, but can be found higher up the country.

Black widows, very poisonous, I think they're found in South America/mainland America. Fun fact, they're called black widows because they eat they're mate after intercourse thus leaving her a widow.

I'm no David Attenborough but there's some stuff for you :).

And TC, there are some spiders in caves where you have to kill them to get past.
They are designed to look scary (but not overly realistic, their mandibles are huge and have big beady staring eyes, I you play in easy you can one shot them with an arrow from far away, so you won't have to be up close all the time. Try not to let this deter you from the game because its incredible.

Back Widows: Not nearly as poisonous as people think. I've been bitten twice, it just hurts like hell. You're only in real danger if it gets your neck.

OH Thanks, That makes me feel A LOT better! .... Still scared.

Isn't the spider in Australia called a Funnelweb? Is that the most dangerous?

---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif
#79Ryan-06Posted 3/26/2013 11:05:57 PM(edited)
CrimsonCorp posted...
Purple_Cheetah posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
And one time, I was trying to kill this roach that was in my house, and it started flying around me! Scared the **** out of me, I tell ya! I had no idea they could fly!

lol... leme tell you about roaches and flight. Not much in the way of crawlers phase me, but when a roach takes flight... so do I. I remember this one time I was sitting up late one night, something smacked into the side of my head. Some confusion and investigation later I realized a roach flew across the room into my head like a guided missile at speed.
Good times.

Jesus.... just seeing a roach in FO3 makes me get up from my chair and lean on the far wall in my room. I can't imagine a real life flying roach coming at me, omg....

That happened in my house years ago. It was huge! I had to kill it with bug spray since I was scared to hit it or squash it.
Even creepier is that it made loud noises. My house was quiet, and its wings just made this awful "CLICK LIIK CLLIIK CLIK" sound.. =O

Seeyah03 posted...
Hmm, well they range from the size of a medium dog to the size of a car.

If I saw a car sized spider. I would want to buy a plane ticket and get out of there.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif
#80nfl89Posted 3/26/2013 11:53:54 PM
I feel you TC, i just let my follower do all the work. Spiders were the reason i quit playing zelda twilight princess. =/