anything i should get in the game before the dlc

#1ForeverBlazinPosted 3/26/2013 7:51:27 PM
Should i get any specific weapons or items that i might need in the dlc cause im buying dragonborn and dawnguard tommorow ...thanks
---
Black 2 - 3311 3609 1174
#2LordTrinenPosted 3/26/2013 7:55:35 PM
For Dawnguard and Dragonborn I can't think of any specific items from the vanilla game you'll absolutely have to have first. Dawnguard lets you craft dragonbone weapons so if you want to use those you should save your dragon bones. If you want to forge Stalhrim weapons and armor from Dragonborn you need the Ebony smithing perk.

If you are also getting Hearthfire there is a lot you need. You need a ton of iron ingots just to start. Start buying/collecting amulets of the divines. There are also plenty of alchemy ingredients you'll need to collect if you want to make everything in a house. Sabre cat teeth, mudcrab chitin, large antlers and small antlers just to name a few. Also collect lots of pelts.
#3JurazonPosted 3/26/2013 10:58:30 PM
You need to be at least a Level 10 to start Dawnguard, and you have to complete the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest for the Greybeards to start Dragonborn.

As for any specific items, you need to obtain the Elder Scroll that you must get about halfway through the Main Quest before you can complete Dawnguard.

Nothing from the Main Quest to complete Dragonborn.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: MUSTANGMAN82
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
#4Scorex_VIIPosted 3/27/2013 12:49:22 AM
Jurazon posted...
you have to complete the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller quest for the Greybeards to start Dragonborn.

I think you just have to complete "way of the voice" and START "the horn of Jurgen windcaller". I started Dragonborn when i climbed down to Iverstead after leaving High Hrothgar.
#5Link_2666Posted 3/31/2013 11:33:25 AM(edited)
When it comes to dragonborn...magic protection is really helpful, as there are plenty of cultists and seekers that make heavy use of magic. Aside from that, stock up a few dragon souls. You'll find out why.

With regard to dawnguard you have to be at least level 10 for the cultists to approach you. However, I've heard that you can trigger the main quest line for it at any level if you go directly to the dawnguard leader.

Have fun :)
---
PSN: ShadowShockX. XBL: Ace0fSpades52
Currently playing: Skyrim (X360), Mass Effect (PS3)