My Dragonborn DLC came with a bonus!

#11RebelElite791Posted 3/27/2013 12:42:55 PM
Tarentula posted...
RebelElite791 posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
did you install the game? uninstall it

Is this a joke

I'm sure he meant Skyrim vanilla and not the DLC. If he/she/it in fact did mean the DLC then....7/10.

I know, that's why I asked if it's a joke. Skyrim runs better installed, and that has nothing to do with the DLC possibly lagging.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/NvRUjep.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xqJhbJ3.jpg
#12mystic belmontPosted 3/27/2013 1:04:21 PM
Clean the Xbox?
---
"Freedom was meaningless without ownership and control over one's own body" -Henry McNeal Turner
[Evil Republican]
#13Tarentula(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 5:13:33 PM
So I cleared a lot of installed games and demos (100 gigs worth).

Cleared cache.

Uninstalled the DLC and then installed it again (twice).

Played the game from disc and installed.

Deleted 20 save files.

Nothing worked, it still lags even though is less now. I still have to test it when the storm is raging.

NO REFUNDS!! Should've known to quit when I read that.....I'm at the mercy of Bethesda. Hoping they'll fix this somehow, but knowing they won't.
#14Valtiel43Posted 3/27/2013 5:25:24 PM
Same exact thing happened to me on my main character. Nothing has worked so far and the lag is horrible. It happened ever since visiting Solstheim. My game will end up completely freezing every 10-20 minutes too.

It's so ridiculous I haven't even played Skyrim in about 2 months because of this. I guess I'll just have to play my characters that haven't started the Dragonborn quest yet.

So just know that you're not alone. :(
---
"Real glory springs from the silent conquest of ourselves."
#15BardockpwnsjooPosted 3/27/2013 5:33:03 PM
Didn't happen to me.

Maybe your Xbox just sucks, because I honestly can't think of any other technical reason for you to lag.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#16IamI3rianPosted 3/27/2013 5:38:02 PM
Is it a new file?

There's plenty of things that can happen along the way on an old file that will cause this. Like Dwemer Museum keys, for example.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
A plethora of real life problems. =' (
#17Tarentula(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:03:06 PM
Thank you Valtiel43 :(
I feel sorry for you too. Skyrim can be so much fun and it sucks that it sometimes has gamebreaking glitches and bugs even though you paid for a working product.

And no I don't think that my XBox sucks Bardock. I have the latest Slim model so it's not the model from 8 years ago. Then again, an xbox is still an xbox. So long as I don't get RROD it's a normal functioning xbox to me.

Wel Laml3rian, my file has 287 hours of gameplay so you might have a point. I've noticed my chests at home have awful loading times when removing or putting something in it.

Don't know anything about Dwemer museum keys though. What do you mean by that?
#18IamI3rianPosted 3/27/2013 7:31:06 PM
I am I3rian.

Like that. = )

Tarentula posted...
I've noticed my chests at home have awful loading times when removing or putting something in it.

1) If you've got that much in your chests... that's the problem. Unless...

2) Dwemer Museum keys self replicate. It's nano tech. Seriously though, check your keys. If you have more than one Dwemer Museum key get rid of the others. In a dead body. In a <cave/dungeon/etc> so when you walk outside again it's 'gone.'

And clean your house you sloppy bastard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcx6UbMCtfI

For real, that nonsense isn't helping.
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
A plethora of real life problems. =' (
#19Tarentula(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 8:04:52 PM
IamI3rian posted...
I am I3rian.

Like that. = )

Tarentula posted...
I've noticed my chests at home have awful loading times when removing or putting something in it.

1) If you've got that much in your chests... that's the problem. Unless...

2) Dwemer Museum keys self replicate. It's nano tech. Seriously though, check your keys. If you have more than one Dwemer Museum key get rid of the others. In a dead body. In a <cave/dungeon/etc> so when you walk outside again it's 'gone.'

And clean your house you sloppy bastard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcx6UbMCtfI

For real, that nonsense isn't helping.

Rofl, the only reason I remembered your name for all this time is because I thought it was a strange one "Lamlerian" lol sorry about that, never knew you were I3rian.

I will clean up my chest and stop hoarding (I have issues).

I currently hold 6 Dwemer museum keys so I'll get rid of 5.

Let's hope this works
#20Valtiel43Posted 3/27/2013 10:51:06 PM(edited)
Tarentula posted...
Thank you Valtiel43 :(
I feel sorry for you too. Skyrim can be so much fun and it sucks that it sometimes has gamebreaking glitches and bugs even though you paid for a working product.

And no I don't think that my XBox sucks Bardock. I have the latest Slim model so it's not the model from 8 years ago. Then again, an xbox is still an xbox. So long as I don't get RROD it's a normal functioning xbox to me.

Wel Laml3rian, my file has 287 hours of gameplay so you might have a point. I've noticed my chests at home have awful loading times when removing or putting something in it.

I actually have an original 360 that's about 6 years old so I guess that rules that out.

My file only has about 70 hours on it.

My inventory is pretty empty, but I do own all the Hearthfire houses and have maybe a total of 100 jewels all spread out in chests. I had about 500 but sold most of them hoping it would fix it, but it did nothing.

I actually have one character that has a few more hours, owns every house, and has a ton of crap stored in chests, but has yet to go to Solstheim or do any part of the Dragonborn quest and I experience no lag on this character.
---
"Real glory springs from the silent conquest of ourselves."