So with TES it goes Morrowind>Skyrim>Daggerfall>Oblivion>A rena

#61themagicpainmanPosted 3/27/2013 6:16:11 PM
Lonesome Road nearly topped Shivering Isles for me.

...Yes, I liked LR more than OWB.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#62MC2011Posted 3/27/2013 6:23:51 PM
...Yes, I liked LR more than OWB.

Eh, Don't worry, I hated the hell out of HH and loved DM the most.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zHLma5j.jpg
You're next...
#63SolKarellenPosted 3/27/2013 6:28:22 PM
metalmariolord posted...
SolKarellen posted...
Never realized how unliked Oblivion was.

Morrowind fanboys hate Oblivion because it introduced everything they hate, like Fast Travel and Button to block with Shield.

Fast Travel was in Daggerfall and Arena, IIRC. Morrowind is one the only one without it.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#64Unbridled9Posted 3/27/2013 6:30:15 PM
Skyrim > Oblivion > The Rest > Morrowind IMO.

The first time I tried playing Morrowind I started up and tried to make a character and noticed how everyone was walking like they had a stick up their rear. The game did not improve in the slightest from there. The inventory system was flat-out stupid and needlessly difficult to use. By sheer ACCIDENT I stumbled into a cave with some mooks inside that killed me right in the starting town. Then, when I finally set out into the world after accepting that Morrowind was *just* that kind of game that would do something that stupid I got killed by a grub because my spells kept failing/attacks kept missing. I gave up right around there.

This year I finally decided to revisit it, this time with console commands. While they allowed me to fight without getting mangled, I then had to deal with the quest journal while was so UTTERLY stupid and moronic I don't know how anyone played this game without a notepad or tab open to the wiki as keeping track of quests was just too stupidly hard for no reason at all.

The game has not aged well and, I very much doubt, it had any real value beyond the 'OMG ELDER SCROLLS IN 3D' shock factor. I can play games on my N64 that don't look as awful, have better quest-tracking, and feel less backhandedly difficult than this game.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#65SolKarellenPosted 3/27/2013 6:31:50 PM
Unbridled9 posted...

The first time I tried playing Morrowind I started up and tried to make a character and noticed how everyone was walking like they had a stick up their rear. The game did not improve in the slightest from there. The inventory system was flat-out stupid and needlessly difficult to use. By sheer ACCIDENT I stumbled into a cave with some mooks inside that killed me right in the starting town. Then, when I finally set out into the world after accepting that Morrowind was *just* that kind of game that would do something that stupid I got killed by a grub because my spells kept failing/attacks kept missing. I gave up right around there.

This year I finally decided to revisit it, this time with console commands. While they allowed me to fight without getting mangled, I then had to deal with the quest journal while was so UTTERLY stupid and moronic I don't know how anyone played this game without a notepad or tab open to the wiki as keeping track of quests was just too stupidly hard for no reason at all.

The game has not aged well and, I very much doubt, it had any real value beyond the 'OMG ELDER SCROLLS IN 3D' shock factor. I can play games on my N64 that don't look as awful, have better quest-tracking, and feel less backhandedly difficult than this game.

I started playing Morrowind a month ago and love it. I think it's aged well.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#66AuRoN_iZ_SiCkPosted 3/27/2013 6:40:14 PM
Morrowind>oblivion>skyrim never played the first two so I can't judge them
#67SuperrpgmanPosted 3/27/2013 6:49:05 PM
I'd wager that most people responding to this topic responding this topic with their won > > > thing haven't even played Daggerfall, and are going purely from barely researched word of mouth.

Oh, and don't get me wrong, I've never touched Arena, and I probably never will, but you don't see me acting like I have a legitimate opinion on a game I've never played.

Personally, I consider Daggerfall to be the better game of the four in terms of what the developers themselves put in. You can do more in the game than you can with just about any game ever made, let alone any other game that Bethesda themselves have ever developed.

People act like Morrowind was this great Messiah of the series, and yeah, thanks to a lot of different community modules, it's my favorite game in the series. But everything that Bethesda did themselves with it took away just about everything that it had. At least Skyrim put some of those things back in it.
---
Project Beat a Game a Day, along with my Daily NES Archive:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563947-a-view-to-a-kill
#68Jstretch19Posted 3/27/2013 6:56:03 PM
Unbridled9 posted...

ITP: game beat me cause I didn't know how to play it and now I'm mad. Seriously, losing to a grub is really telling of your intelligence regarding Morrowind's battle system.
#69Unbridled9Posted 3/27/2013 6:59:18 PM
Jstretch19 posted...
Unbridled9 posted...

ITP: game beat me cause I didn't know how to play it and now I'm mad. Seriously, losing to a grub is really telling of your intelligence regarding Morrowind's battle system.

That it requires intelligence to be able to beat a grub instead of being able to mindlessly knife it or cast a simple fireball and not have it fail should be more telling of just how bad the game is.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#70Jstretch19Posted 3/27/2013 7:04:57 PM
Unbridled9 posted...
That it requires intelligence to be able to beat a grub instead of being able to mindlessly knife it or cast a simple fireball and not have it fail should be more telling of just how bad the game is.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/8/80093/1691244-not_sure_if_troll_super.jpg