So...Large Dwemer Chest....

#1Jakobs_FodderPosted 3/29/2013 12:09:44 AM
Would you want a life sized FUNCTIONAL replica? - Results (45 votes)
yes
60% (27 votes)
no
20% (9 votes)
Would clash with my place's fueng-shuë
20% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I would so pay a few hundred for one...maybe even two. About a grand for 3. Even just made out of wood, polymer...cardboard too....
---
The official Sheogorath of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
The right and Righteous hand of Whatnos
#2RampagingwalrusPosted 3/29/2013 12:12:12 AM
Go take a carpentry class, build your own.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#3Jakobs_Fodder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:15:57 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
Go take a carpentry class, build your own.

...Im not familier with clock making, and that's where the real problem seems like it would lie. **** making a box isn't very complicated, lol.
---
#4RampagingwalrusPosted 3/29/2013 12:18:05 AM
Practice grasshopper, practice.
All things become easier the more you do them.
They shall remain impossible, if you never try.
---
#5JackNurSnakPackPosted 3/29/2013 12:22:12 AM
Maybe if it was made out of solid metal (Brass) so that it looked right, otherwise no way, I hoped that the Alduin statue that came with the game would be ceramic or even just a high quality solid plastic but no, because Bethesda is full of the best Trolls of all time. Trained by Stephen Hawking himself. (while he was running on his treadmill, and sing at the top of his lungs, admitting that he knows nothing about physics.)

Your Mind Is Blown.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#6Jakobs_Fodder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:24:05 AM
My knowledge in relation to crafting this object falls just shy of completion it seems, clock making is not something I have time to learn. Damn county needs its protection. Lol. On topic however, resin-work, carpentry, plexiglass work, and sculpting are all within my grasp. Damn that locking mechanism!!!!

lol
---
#7Jakobs_Fodder(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 12:27:08 AM
JackNurSnakPack posted...
Maybe if it was made out of solid metal (Brass) so that it looked right, otherwise no way, I hoped that the Alduin statue that came with the game would be ceramic or even just a high quality solid plastic but no, because Bethesda is full of the best Trolls of all time. Trained by Stephen Hawking himself. (while he was running on his treadmill, and sing at the top of his lungs, admitting that he knows nothing about physics.)

Your Mind Is Blown.

I dunno, man a sum of Brass that size could prove...problematic. I would say brass, or even copper for the lock. The rest could be done with light materials mixed with like a primer paint. Yes Howard is a troll. And I loved the Hawking theory you have going on.
---
#8RavensRules69Posted 3/29/2013 3:58:13 AM
My house doesn't have any fueng-shuŽ; just siding and drywall. Some pine around the stairway. And carpet. Lotsa carpet.
---
When Jedi need to read PDFs, they use Adobe-Wan Kenobi.
#9RampagingwalrusPosted 3/29/2013 12:39:04 PM
Is the large one the semi circle shaped one, or the rectangular one?
The rectangular one is cool, but the other ones are kind of stupid looking, in my opinion.
---
#10DragonLWPosted 3/29/2013 12:42:40 PM
Sure, I'd like one. Would I pay much for it or build it myself? Not likely. Last time I tried to build some sort of carpentry object or the like I got a bird house that might, barely due to how hideous it was, fit in the background of that melting clocks artwork. I'm not even sure it held to Euclidean geometry.
---
My dear mortal, don't you realize? The secret to my winning this board is the fact that you can grow without limits while the others never surpass theirs.