I don't understand this whole legendary skill thing. Help?

#11SuperFlikPosted 3/29/2013 8:27:13 AM
pinky0926 posted...
Lestat- posted...
From my understanding there is no level cap as you can keep dropping skills and leveling them.

Main point is more health/stamina/magicka and more perks. Theoretically you could keep leveling until you have every perk in the game.

Sounds cool but very time consuming.

I thought it resets perks?

It does in the sense that if you reset a skill tree that has perk points put into it, you get those points back
---
Zelos Wilder: "Demon Fang! Demon Fang! Demon Fang!
Damn, I must be a genius! Double Demon Fang!"
#12DragonLWPosted 3/29/2013 8:35:38 AM
I don't understand what is difficult about this simple system for people to get. Essentially if a skill reaches 100 you can legendary it returning it to 15. Any perk points placed in that skill tree are added to your perk pool to invest where ever you want them. Simple.

If you are level 81 you can use this to continue leveling up, or if you are nuts you can stick to a limited play style and finally reach 81 I think, and at each level up get yet more perk points and a +10 boost to either magicka, health, or stamina. I am sure that Bethesda is doing this not so much to bypass the original hard level cap of 81but so people can get those perks they have no doubt complained about not getting and balancing out the issues some also likely had with making too magic or health heavy characters being left incapable of doing anything else.

There has yet to be an announced new max level and give how long its been out for computer users that should tell you that it is rather high as someone has surely used the console commands to try and find out. You don't have to be on legendary difficulty to do this and why people think you would I have no clue.
---
My dear mortal, don't you realize? The secret to my winning this board is the fact that you can grow without limits while the others never surpass theirs.
#13VincentVega13Posted 3/29/2013 11:15:59 AM
^ That is the best, most concise explanation I have yet seen and answers everything about which I had doubts. Thank you, sir.
---
To err is human, to Arr is pirate.
#14DRAGON07891230Posted 3/29/2013 12:37:50 PM
You can also use it to stay in a skill set. You can keep levelling up while ignoring skills like magic.

How it works:
Skill goes to 100
Press space bar to legendary.
Confirm?
Confirm?
Skill set to 15, perks returned, dragon symbol underneath the skill.
You can keep resetting the same skills multiple times (5 next to symbol, 6 next to it, etc.)
Essentially no feasible level cap. Also, it takes forever. I used the console to bring 4 skills up to a hundred repeatedly but after level 100, I would only gain maybe 1 or two levels for those four skills going from 15-100.
---
Intel i5 3570k [] MSI 7870 gHz 2GB [] AsRock Z77 Pro 4 [] 8GB RAM [] CX500W
#15Ryan-06Posted 4/1/2013 2:01:51 AM
Difficulty is broken anyway in skyrim. Enemies simply do massive damage. Nothing else changes. poor scaling. Tried Master for 10 mins and quit lol. Behavior stays the same, movement. It's a lazy design and old. Another game known to use this is Dynasty Warriors. You just take 10x more damage from any source.

Bethesda sucks at AI and difficulty- look at other games that do it better. Devil May Cry 1,3,4. Mass Effect 2-3. MG Rising etc. They're challenging, yet manageable when you use smarter methods and learn better technique. AI actually changes in patterns and attacks. (DMC). Skyrim is basically turning everyone into a Forsworn ravager and more, CLUNK! 1-2 hits. You're Dead!
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i.imgur.com/sfR1P.gif
#16CRtwentyPosted 4/1/2013 3:13:24 AM
Ryan-06 posted...
Difficulty is broken anyway in skyrim. Enemies simply do massive damage. Nothing else changes. poor scaling. Tried Master for 10 mins and quit lol. Behavior stays the same, movement. It's a lazy design and old. Another game known to use this is Dynasty Warriors. You just take 10x more damage from any source.

Bethesda sucks at AI and difficulty- look at other games that do it better. Devil May Cry 1,3,4. Mass Effect 2-3. MG Rising etc. They're challenging, yet manageable when you use smarter methods and learn better technique. AI actually changes in patterns and attacks. (DMC). Skyrim is basically turning everyone into a Forsworn ravager and more, CLUNK! 1-2 hits. You're Dead!

Yes, because those games are all totally designed like Skyrim. -_-
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#17Ryan-06Posted 4/1/2013 3:25:38 AM
Yes. Skyrim has clunky combat to begin with anyway. Just saying the design of difficulty could've been improved. It's far from ideal as is.
---
#18forrestzK08Posted 4/1/2013 3:44:40 AM
Why is this so hard for people to understand? When you make the skill "legendary" you keep the perks you have in that skill. As a result of this you could eventually get every perk in every skill. There is no level cap
---
Sorry about any spelling mistakes. Most of my posts are from my phone when I'm bored at work.
#19SpankyMagooPosted 4/1/2013 3:57:36 AM
Ryan-06 posted...

I would settle for a little more intuitive melee combat along the lines of that chivalry game ( Feints, dodges, thrust, parries, aimed blocks). Though I would love to zandatsu dragons and giants all day.
---
GT: Spanky Magoo
"People who are offended by hypothetical situations can hypothetically **** themselves"
#20Ryan-06Posted 4/1/2013 4:10:43 AM
Yeah, forgot to mention that Chivalry PC game. Saw vids of that last year. More innovative. Is it free or not?
---