If I hated Morrowind and I liked Far Cry 3, will I enjoy Skyrim?

#11Emi3280(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 6:38:22 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Oh you might like Skyrim then

Does the game have like a map where it tells you where the next main mission will start? Kind of like Far Cry 3, GTA IV, all those Free Roam games. That's why I hated Morrowind, it never told you where you needed to go, and if you got lost, you were screwed.
---
PlayStation Network: DarkEmigaru98
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Emi3280
#12The_Ivory_ManPosted 3/29/2013 6:40:19 PM
Emi3280 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...

Does the game have like a map where it tells you where the next main mission will start? Kind of like Far Cry 3, GTA IV, all those Free Roam games. That's why I hated Morrowind, it never told you where you needed to go, and if you got lost, you were screwed.

Yes it does
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#13Emi3280(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 6:47:05 PM
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Emi3280 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...

Yes it does

Cool! And can you kind of tell me the length of the Main Story? Not counting side missions, side quests, those stuff.
---
#14Billy-De-KidPosted 3/29/2013 6:50:45 PM
Emi3280 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Emi3280 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...

Yes it does

Cool! And can you kind of tell me the length of the Main Story? Not counting side missions, side quests, those stuff.

An hour and a half roughly. But that's not even a fraction of the hundreds of hours you will put into this game.

Also, Morrowind gave you directions on where to go in the quest log.
---
"There's no problem you can't fix with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#15ViciousXl2Posted 3/29/2013 6:54:53 PM
Far Cry 3 was great, but you end up with nothing to do at the end
---
The answer to your first question is shaddup
#16Emi3280(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 6:57:52 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Emi3280 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Emi3280 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...

Yes it does

An hour and a half roughly. But that's not even a fraction of the hundreds of hours you will put into this game.

But why is Skyrim so time consuming, if the story is roughly two hours, like you said?
---
#17Billy-De-KidPosted 3/29/2013 6:58:29 PM
ViciousXl2 posted...
Far Cry 3 was great, but you end up with nothing to do at the end

Also, the ending of an open world RPG should give a reason and a premise of how you return to your stomping ground. Far Cry didn't do this.

Also, the idea of not adding in a New Game+ = Utter Stupidity.
---
"There's no problem you can't fix with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
#18Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/29/2013 7:01:01 PM
Emi3280 posted...
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Emi3280 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...
Emi3280 posted...
The_Ivory_Man posted...

Yes it does

But why is Skyrim so time consuming, if the story is roughly two hours, like you said?

Because of the side quests, same thing with Farcy3, the majority of the time spent needed to play that game was spent on things that were all side aspects of the game.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#19Billy-De-KidPosted 3/29/2013 7:05:54 PM
The MAIN story is only roughly an hour and a half. Outside of that, you have a whole country in the middle of a bloody civil war to explore!

Do you fight for the Storm Cloaks to defend the old Nordic Traditions?

Do you fight for the Empire to ensure Skryim's security?

Do you walk the shadows and take out your foes with stealth?

Do you run in like Rambo and shatter the skulls of your enemies?

Do you burn the crap out of them with magic?

Do you fight for the honor of the companions?

Do you thieve and cheat your way to fortune?

Or do you, perhaps, kill for the night mother and fulfill contracts for the Dark Brotherhood?

The possibilities are almost endless!
---
#20Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/29/2013 7:09:17 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
The MAIN story is only roughly an hour and a half. Outside of that, you have a whole country in the middle of a bloody civil war to explore!

Do you fight for the Storm Cloaks to defend the old Nordic Traditions?

Do you fight for the Empire to ensure Skryim's security?

Do you walk the shadows and take out your foes with stealth?

Do you run in like Rambo and shatter the skulls of your enemies?

Do you burn the crap out of them with magic?

Do you fight for the honor of the companions?

Do you thieve and cheat your way to fortune?

Or do you, perhaps, kill for the night mother and fulfill contracts for the Dark Brotherhood?

The possibilities are almost endless!

There are no limitations in the game so I see no point in not doing everything you can (aside from being stuck with siding one side of the civil war).
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.