Skyrim vs Morrowind

#1Noctis2343Posted 3/29/2013 6:35:36 PM
Who cares? I don't get all the morrowind elitists hating on skyrim lately. I'm not bashing morrowind, not saying skyrim's better. It's just kind of annoying. Different people can enjoy different things, crazy I know. There's a morrowind board.
#2BenjUK55Posted 3/29/2013 6:36:56 PM
And so the eternal pointlessness continues.
---
We do not sow.
HeartGold Friend Code - 3440 2556 8150
#3gunsndrosesPosted 3/29/2013 6:45:37 PM
gunsndroses said...
People can like Morrowind as much as they'd like. The problems begin when they start using Morrowind as the archetype of God's gift to gamers, comparing every future game to it.

---
If you don't use proper grammar, you're a communist.
-George Washington, First President of the USA
#4Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/29/2013 6:46:53 PM
gunsndroses posted...
gunsndroses said...
People can like Morrowind as much as they'd like. The problems begin when they start using Morrowind as the archetype of God's gift to gamers, comparing every future game to it.

Even though every gamer group does that to later games in a series. Except Morrowind is replaced by some earlier game in that series.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#5Noctis2343(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 6:52:25 PM
I just lurk on these boards but there has been a ridiculous influx of morrowind fever. No one wants to hear about it, yet there's always 1-3 of "those guys" who have to put morrowind in a topic completely unrelated. After which, it turns into a why morrowind is/isn't better than other games. It's dumb.
#6BenjUK55Posted 3/29/2013 6:57:20 PM
Noctis2343 posted...
I just lurk on these boards but there has been a ridiculous influx of morrowind fever. No one wants to hear about it, yet there's always 1-3 of "those guys" who have to put morrowind in a topic completely unrelated. After which, it turns into a why morrowind is/isn't better than other games. It's dumb.

And it is topics like these that allow the mind numbing discussions of Morrowind, a mediocre game at best, to be regurgitated. Ironically, I'm feeding it. People are always going to fantasize about past games through rose tinted glasses. The truth is, most of us don't really give a s***. All we can do is try our best to ignore it and hope that it dies down.
---
We do not sow.
#7BenjUK55Posted 3/29/2013 6:57:39 PM
Noctis2343 posted...

And it is topics like these that allow the mind numbing discussions of Morrowind, a mediocre game at best, to be regurgitated. Ironically, I'm feeding it. People are always going to fantasize about past games through rose tinted glasses. The truth is, most of us don't really give a s***. All we can do is try our best to ignore it and hope that it dies down.
---
We do not sow.
#8Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/29/2013 6:59:19 PM
BenjUK55 posted...
Noctis2343 posted...

Like Skyrim at it's base isn't a mediocre game at best? As it stands most if not all of the TES games are the same at their base level.
---
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#9BenjUK55Posted 3/29/2013 7:04:47 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
BenjUK55 posted...
Noctis2343 posted...

Like Skyrim at it's base isn't a mediocre game at best? As it stands most if not all of the TES games are the same at their base level.

I'd say it's a fair few notches above mediocre. As far as TES goes, Skyrim is leagues above Morrowind.
---
We do not sow.
#10Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/29/2013 7:07:06 PM
BenjUK55 posted...
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
BenjUK55 posted...
Noctis2343 posted...

I'd say it's a fair few notches above mediocre. As far as TES goes, Skyrim is leagues above Morrowind.

Well it is hard to compare to the two when one is more oldschool rpg, while one is a new age action rpg.
---