Who done it? (Dark brotherhood spoilers)

#1NepharenPosted 3/29/2013 6:59:28 PM
Finally decided to do the dark brotherhood quest line again after about a year and am working on one of the first quests "with friends like these".

I am fully aware that this does not matter in terms of the quest but for argument sake, who do you think actually has a contract out on them and what in the game suggests this? Uesp states that Babette alludes to who is actually the intended victim but I don't recall this conversation.

The last couple of times I did this quest I didn't think too much about this since I knew it didn't matter and either mauled all three of them as a werewolf or just the lady since I found her the most annoying at the time.
#2MC2011Posted 3/29/2013 7:05:11 PM
I did it, but don't tell anyone.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zHLma5j.jpg
You're next...
#3MrcTOtheJPosted 3/29/2013 7:05:51 PM
Took me a second to realize who you were talking about.

Eh I don't know, I just kill all three of them...why take a chance right?
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, NFS:MW 2012
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2
#4MC2011Posted 3/29/2013 7:10:33 PM
Also, lets face it...

Nord...
Nord...
Khajiit...

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.
---
http://i.imgur.com/zHLma5j.jpg
You're next...
#5Azrael0206Posted 3/29/2013 7:15:46 PM
MC2011 posted...
Also, lets face it...

Nord...
Nord...
Khajiit...

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong.

But..
"Khajiit got your back" :(
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I'm so bad at BL2, they call me "Nicholas Casual"
#6Brenz0rPosted 3/29/2013 7:16:07 PM
Astrid, obviously.
---
"We get serious about fictional girl underpants, and kid around when it comes to topics like world hunger." ~Teepo on CAGN
#7LostoutPosted 3/29/2013 7:20:29 PM
IDK but if you use the clairvoyance spell it points to the woman.
---
I am as awesome as a bear high fiving a shark in space during an explosion.
#8Nepharen(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2013 7:24:05 PM
Lostout posted...
IDK but if you use the clairvoyance spell it points to the woman.

....I've never thought to do that before.... that is outstanding and I am going to try it now.
#9SchesparnPosted 3/29/2013 7:28:22 PM
I doubt any of them did. Astrid just wanted you to prove you'd kill someone just because she told you to. This isn't the old Brotherhood, where there was some semblance of a sense of honor (twisted though it was).
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#10LordTrinenPosted 3/29/2013 7:33:20 PM
Astrid flat out tells you that none of them actually have a contract out on them. She simply wants to see if you would kill on command.

How many of the victims I kill depends on how evil I'm roleplaying my character. I either kill all three or just the khajiit. I have nothing against khajiit but by his own admission many people want him dead. He just seems like the most likely candidate.