Enchanting with more cost...

#1Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/30/2013 1:43:46 AM
With the way it is now, it seems like it is to easy to enchant some armor/weapon up and make it better than anything else you can find in the gameworld, be it a unique weapon or artifact. I think enchanting should cost gold to use. That way the amount it would cost would be proportional to the stats of the effects being added to the weapon.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#2Azrael0206Posted 3/30/2013 1:46:24 AM
So like spell crafting in Oblivion?
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I'm so bad at BL2, they call me "Nicholas Casual"
#3Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:50:02 AM
Azrael0206 posted...
So like spell crafting in Oblivion?

Somewhat... though I could have sworn Morrowind had the need for gold in it's enchanting.....
---
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#4HeavyJay901Posted 3/30/2013 1:51:45 AM
With how easy it is to make money in this game, by time you get high enough to make items better than artifacts you'll have so much money if wouldn't really affect anything. Now if it took something like gold ingots that would be interesting. Transmute would be the most sought after spell in the game, if its not already.
#5Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:53:04 AM
HeavyJay901 posted...
With how easy it is to make money in this game, by time you get high enough to make items better than artifacts you'll have so much money if wouldn't really affect anything. Now if it took something like gold ingots that would be interesting. Transmute would be the most sought after spell in the game, if its not already.

The cost would be proportional to the stats of the effects though, so if you want to legitly make some op weapons by having 100 skill in alchemy, smithing, and enchanting, you would need to shell out some large mass of money to be able to do that.
---
#6Evil_SandwichPosted 3/30/2013 1:58:06 AM
They should have just put a cap on how strong you could make your stuff.
#7DragonLWPosted 3/30/2013 1:59:25 AM
HeavyJay901 posted...

It's also about the second easiest to acquire spell in the game too so I don't really see that making it any different than using money.

Eh, I don't see any way to really change enchanting from being what it is. No matter the cost restrictions in place its going to be possible to make enchantments of whatever sort you want. Maybe if it actually cost some of your magicka so that unless you have enough magicka you can't make an enchantment or you have to be at a certain level of skill in the associated magic school of the enchantment you are placing. Given that it sounds like almost no one uses all magic schools it could hold back people enough to achieve what you want.
---
My dear mortal, don't you realize? The secret to my winning this board is the fact that you can grow without limits while the others never surpass theirs.
#8Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:59:55 AM
Evil_Sandwich posted...

They either need to cap it, or put a higher cost on making near op to op enchantments. They took out spell making due to likely how easy it was to make broken spells (Even though they could have balanced it out likely).

Yet they left in Alchemy/Enchanting and now smithing, yet they didn't really balance those out. Why?
---
#9JackNurSnakPackPosted 3/30/2013 2:02:44 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
Evil_Sandwich posted...

They either need to cap it, or put a higher cost on making near op to op enchantments. They took out spell making due to likely how easy it was to make broken spells (Even though they could have balanced it out likely).

Yet they left in Alchemy/Enchanting and now smithing, yet they didn't really balance those out. Why?

you could always... Not do it. why would they spend time and money on something that you CHOOSE to do. if you don't want OP weapons, don't make them. I know crazy right???
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#10jammymacsterPosted 3/30/2013 2:03:39 AM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...
They took out spell making due to likely how easy it was to make broken spells (Even though they could have balanced it out likely).

They may not have done it due to broken spells. It just may not have been very compatible with the new system they wanted.

Personally I don't see the fuss about putting a cap on them. There are a lot of people that enjoy crafting their own strong gear. On some playthroughs I prefer relying on loot. You can choose not to use the crafting skills. That way you can enjoy the game that way and the people that enjoy making strong crafted gear can still do so.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Zso2L.jpg