Enchanting with more cost...

#11HeavyJay901Posted 3/30/2013 2:04:46 AM
Yeah, if its a fortune to make one highly enchanted item, I can see that being a pain in the side. But one man's fortune is another man's pocket change. would have to balance it out pretty well. If that happened I'm betting we would see a lot of topics saying "infinite money glitch?*
#12Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 2:10:12 AM
HeavyJay901 posted...
Yeah, if its a fortune to make one highly enchanted item, I can see that being a pain in the side. But one man's fortune is another man's pocket change. would have to balance it out pretty well. If that happened I'm betting we would see a lot of topics saying "infinite money glitch?*

The thing is though, what is the point of the daedric artifacts/hand placed loot if I can always make something better than it without really any cost at all? If melee characters are going to be able to make op armor and weapons by just maximizing those skills, why can't mages make op spells using spellcrafting? I don't see why they don't just include a spellcrafting that fits into the way spells are don't in this game. If they aren't going to have balance, then they should make the unbalance even then.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#13DrNewcensteinPosted 3/30/2013 1:07:15 PM
The problem is that there's no Spellcrafting. Plain and simple. Nothing needs to be gimped. If someone out there in internetland doesn't like the fact that I can easily craft obscenely powerful gear in a single-player game, they need to put out a STFU patch.

Gimp your own game all you want, but leave mine alone. You have a choice to play the way you want, don't complain that I have the same choice just because it's different from yours.
---
Everyone has a price. And a pain threshold.
#14Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:20:29 PM
DrNewcenstein posted...
The problem is that there's no Spellcrafting. Plain and simple. Nothing needs to be gimped. If someone out there in internetland doesn't like the fact that I can easily craft obscenely powerful gear in a single-player game, they need to put out a STFU patch.

Gimp your own game all you want, but leave mine alone. You have a choice to play the way you want, don't complain that I have the same choice just because it's different from yours.

If Bethesda wasn't trying to have some semblance of balance in their game, then they wouldn't have patched the glitches that lets you use the OI infinite times, or other little things that could be used to level up skills rather quickly.
---
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#15HoonDingPosted 3/30/2013 5:29:56 PM
Spellcrafting wasn't removed because you could make broken spells. It was replaced with a wider variety of canned spells, to give the developers more control over the magic system.

And I f***ing hated that enchanting cost gold in Oblivion. I feel like throwing on a gold cost is a shoddy way of "balancing" a system; same with spellmaking. Enchanting should reflect the skill of the enchanter and the level of soul used, not some arbitrary money cost.

Of course, Enchanting needs to be balanced in line with unique and rare loot, so that it's really hard to get certain higher magnitudes, and some unique items have effects that can't be emulated with enchanting. More stuff like Dawnbreaker or the Ebony Mail, less stuff like the Pale Blade or the Armor of the Old Gods. And I wouldn't mind if there was a hard cap for certain magnitudes; particularly, Fortify Crafting Skill effects.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#16Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:31:42 PM
HoonDing posted...
Spellcrafting wasn't removed because you could make broken spells. It was replaced with a wider variety of canned spells, to give the developers more control over the magic system.

And I f***ing hated that enchanting cost gold in Oblivion. I feel like throwing on a gold cost is a shoddy way of "balancing" a system; same with spellmaking. Enchanting should reflect the skill of the enchanter and the level of soul used, not some arbitrary money cost.

Of course, Enchanting needs to be balanced in line with unique and rare loot, so that it's really hard to get certain higher magnitudes, and some unique items have effects that can't be emulated with enchanting. More stuff like Dawnbreaker or the Ebony Mail, less stuff like the Pale Blade or the Armor of the Old Gods. And I wouldn't mind if there was a hard cap for certain magnitudes; particularly, Fortify Crafting Skill effects.

So no being able to loop over smithing on a small set of armor due to alchemy?
---
#17HoonDingPosted 3/30/2013 5:37:02 PM

Nope. Hell, if all they did was remove the Fortify Smithing/Enchanting effects from alchemy ingredients, I'd be totally satisfied. That would already put a cap in enchanting and smithing magnitudes.
---
#18TheWastingLightPosted 3/30/2013 5:52:21 PM
It's not like I'm using my Smithing/Alchemy/enchanting OP weapons on any sort of PVP seeing as Skyrim is strictly single player, therefore I don't really see a problem with it. I kinda like being able to slay Legendary/Revered dragons with two arrows..

It makes me feel good after ALL the times the dragons roasted me with fire in the past and killed me INSTANTLY causing me to have to reload my game! I'm the Dragonborn! I have mastered my blessing and now after many hours and 14000+ saves, these dragons will now bow to me!
#19Kant_Remoob_Eht(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:55:22 PM
HoonDing posted...

Nope. Hell, if all they did was remove the Fortify Smithing/Enchanting effects from alchemy ingredients, I'd be totally satisfied. That would already put a cap in enchanting and smithing magnitudes.

Was it to hard for them to have a cap to it in the first place?
---
#20HoonDingPosted 3/30/2013 6:01:21 PM
Was it to hard for them to have a cap to it in the first place?

It's not hard to add a cap, no. I just don't think the anticipated how much you could exploit Alchemy as-is. Then again, Alchemy is always the one skill in the game that leads to godmode, so maybe they just didn't care.

I also think part of it was them scaling the game based on weapon tiers (Steel for early game, Daedric for endgame), instead of weapon improvement ranks (Fine, Flawless, Legendary), which end up having a much bigger impact on how much damage a weapon deals. But with how Skyrim works, rescaling everything around weapon improvements would force people to use smithing, which isn't a good way to make an open-world RPG.

Now, if they worked it so that improved weapon ratings were more of an even match with weapon tiers (Fine Steel matched Dwarven, Fine Dwarven matched Orcish, etc), that might work. But there are still a ton of other working parts that need to be considered, that I don't care enough to consider right now.
---