How buggy is this game on 360 as compared to New Vegas

#1CHIEFchiefCHIEFPosted 3/30/2013 1:31:45 PM
I hit some game breaking glitches in New Vegas that made progress impossible. How bad are the glitches in this game, and is there anything that will stop me from doing things as basic as turning in quests?
---
Gamertag = elevator chief www.nickpavlak.com
GO CAVS // GO BUCKEYES // GO BROWNS
#2Billy-De-KidPosted 3/30/2013 1:40:13 PM
Sometimes you will get stuck in between rocks and their are some glitches involving quests.

Also, freezing is a prominent feature in Skryim, it may happen to you every 2-8 hours. But I have all 3 DLC, so they might be causing it.

Does anyone else have anything to add?
---
"There's no problem you can't fix with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#3BHAALERPosted 3/30/2013 1:51:05 PM(edited)
From my experience, (with all DLC installed for both) this game runs much better than New Vegas.

The only major quest-related glitch I've come across is being unable to trigger "Blood on the Ice", but that eventually worked out.
---
"Ignorance is thy companion!"
#4CHIEFchiefCHIEF(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:51:46 PM
Is there anything game breaking? My biggest problem in New Vegas was that I couldn't complete about 10% of the quests due to glitches, including one main story quest.
---
Gamertag = elevator chief www.nickpavlak.com
GO CAVS // GO BUCKEYES // GO BROWNS
#5onlynameicangetPosted 3/30/2013 5:16:07 PM
New Vegas is buggier than even launch Skyrim. Still a great game, but it needed a lot more patches than it ended up getting. Even with the latest New Vegas patch, there are bugs, quest errors, and loading screen freezes aplenty; there are even some perks that flat-out don't work (In Shining Armor, for instance, has literally no effect, due to an incorrect reference call: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/In_Shining_Armor).

It's good that Bethesda are still supporting Skyrim with patches, especially considering their usual approach. They stopped patching Oblivion at 1.2, leaving the fans to do the rest. The fanpatch for PC Oblivion fixes over 1,800 bugs alone, many of which really should have been fixed officially.
#6iBlackice25Posted 3/30/2013 5:47:58 PM
Maybe my game is worse than everyone that posted on this topic, but from my experience this game is much, much laggier than fallout new vegas.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX
Youtube channel: aquaAffinity2
#7RebelElite791Posted 3/30/2013 5:52:13 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...

Also, freezing is a prominent feature in Skryim, it may happen to you every 2-8 hours.

Uhh no, random is random.
---
In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws
http://i.imgur.com/NvRUjep.jpg http://i.imgur.com/xqJhbJ3.jpg
#8Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/30/2013 5:57:00 PM
Billy-De-Kid posted...
Sometimes you will get stuck in between rocks and their are some glitches involving quests.

Also, freezing is a prominent feature in Skryim, it may happen to you every 2-8 hours. But I have all 3 DLC, so they might be causing it.

Does anyone else have anything to add?

Only glitch I actually hate in a TES/this gen Fallout game, getting stuck next to a rock and not being able to jump out from it.... I sort of wish the jumping mechanics in the game would take a page from Borderlands.
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#9F_GalikanokusPosted 3/31/2013 1:47:54 AM
Blasphemy!!!! New Vegas was perfect!!!
---
"I hadn't laughed this much since Dick Cheney shot that guy in the face."
#10AceTheMadAngel7Posted 3/31/2013 2:32:35 AM
New Vegas had extremely long load times. Further I got in the game the worse they got where eventually it would take 2-3 minutes per load screen (not even joking nor am I trying to troll TC).

Tried playing it again with a new save file when I bought a new 360 slim and it always ended up the same. Game was installed to HDD on both old and new system.

Pretty deep in Skyrim and the load times have stayed the same throughout. Blood on the Ice was gliched but I got around it and there are a few hiccups every so often where the game will lag for a second but its not often enough to make we wanna stop playing.
---
Gamertag - AceTheMadAngel
"We all do our share of murdering around here, don't we?" - Zevran