Need some advice on Dawnguard. (Spoilers)

#1AceTheMadAngel7Posted 3/31/2013 1:43:40 AM
So I'm guessing siding with the Vampires is a bad thing in the long run? What with them wanting to blot out the sun and take over the world.

If so can you side with the Vamps get all their goodies then betray them at the last second or do I have to Side with the Dawnguard to keep the world from being overrun by blood suckers?

By long run I mean like how siding with the Stormcloaks is very bad for the world since without the Legion there to stop them the Dominion end up completing their grand schemes of world domination.
---
Gamertag - AceTheMadAngel
"We all do our share of murdering around here, don't we?" - Zevran
#2JackNurSnakPackPosted 3/31/2013 1:46:15 AM
If you really want to know Both sides end up the EXACT same way, the only thing that changes is what castle you get. Also Crossbows: They S*** my fat D***.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#3PootbirdPosted 3/31/2013 1:49:15 AM
Ummmm what?
The entire purpose of the vampire storyline is to re-do the prophecy so that it doesn't cost serana her life or perma-block out the sun

The dawnguard has better dogs, spells and offers followers but I chose the vampires simply for the sake of having the vampire lord power (which is da best thing the DLC could possibly offer)
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
Elder scrolls RP: Elixium, High elf vampire lord.
#4JackNurSnakPackPosted 3/31/2013 1:51:28 AM
Pootbird posted...
Ummmm what?
The entire purpose of the vampire storyline is to re-do the prophecy so that it doesn't cost serana her life or perma-block out the sun

The dawnguard has better dogs, spells and offers followers but I chose the vampires simply for the sake of having the vampire lord power (which is da best thing the DLC could possibly offer)

VL= God Mode! I also do the vampires for the unending supply of human flesh that respawns on the tables.
---
"Lighthouses are more usefull than churches" - Benjamin Franklin-
#5Evil_SandwichPosted 3/31/2013 1:58:32 AM
The Vampire side has unique amulets/rings for the Vampire Lord transformation that you cannot get otherwise.

And the Dawnguard side has a unique crossbow and a few spells that you cannot obtain otherwise.

If you wanna be a Vampire Lord join the Vamps, otherwise choose Dawnguard.
#6MrcTOtheJPosted 3/31/2013 2:07:08 AM
Just go though it for what suits your build.

You a rightous person? Stop the vamps, Evil/Power Hungry? Go with the Vamps. (I say power hungry because my Mage I'm taking though the Vamps right know dosen't care besides furthering his own power)

That said either side can get you the Vampire Lord power anyways, so if that's the only factor you care about, then it dosen't matter, you can get it at the end, or about the half way point either way you don't get the Vamp amulets but they don't do much IMO anyways.
---
Currently Playing: Skyrim, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, NFS:MW 2012
Currently waiting for: GTAV, LR:FFXIII, Grid 2
#7AceTheMadAngel7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 2:10:07 AM(edited)
JackNurSnakPack posted...
If you really want to know Both sides end up the EXACT same way, the only thing that changes is what castle you get. Also Crossbows: They S*** my fat D***.

Ah so it ends the same way no matter what. Thank you for the info.

Evil_Sandwich posted...
The Vampire side has unique amulets/rings for the Vampire Lord transformation that you cannot get otherwise.

And the Dawnguard side has a unique crossbow and a few spells that you cannot obtain otherwise.

If you wanna be a Vampire Lord join the Vamps, otherwise choose Dawnguard.

Answered my follow up question thanks.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong person.
---
#8AceTheMadAngel7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 2:15:36 AM
MrcTOtheJ posted...
Just go though it for what suits your build.

You a rightous person? Stop the vamps, Evil/Power Hungry? Go with the Vamps. (I say power hungry because my Mage I'm taking though the Vamps right know dosen't care besides furthering his own power)

That said either side can get you the Vampire Lord power anyways, so if that's the only factor you care about, then it dosen't matter, you can get it at the end, or about the half way point either way you don't get the Vamp amulets but they don't do much IMO anyways.

My character is a wood elf assassin who uses mostly bows. So far i've taken all the "Good" choices. Peaceful solution to finding the Grey-Mane guy in Missing in Action, Only killing my target in the Dark Brotherhood quests, Trying to keep all these dumb as nails people alive whenever a dragon attacks or some vampires invade the holds and they try to fight them with their iron daggers...

So I guess Righteous, But that being said I am a vampire since it makes me stealthier...
---