This game is too hard

#1AmmonitidaPosted 3/31/2013 6:26:58 PM(edited)
If you're an archer pure with no archer perks, no armor and only 100 points of health (I only upgrade the magicka). I'm now level 31 and I can only defeat high level enemies that get "stuck" on terrain. Bethesda needs to rebalance the game a bit -- to make self-imposed challenges possible. Think back to Resident Evil 1 where hardcore gamers would challenge themselves by beating the game with only the knife. In Skyrim, such challenges seem impossible. Hurts replay value IMO.
#2Dreadsword101Posted 3/31/2013 6:28:04 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3Jstretch19Posted 3/31/2013 6:29:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
#4NefhithPosted 3/31/2013 6:31:40 PM
Options -> Config -> Very Easy -> Keep your "challenge".

I mean, really? You're doing a challenge and expect it to be easy? That's why it's called a challenge. Enchant the bow, refine it-I DON'T KNOW
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#5Kant_Remoob_EhtPosted 3/31/2013 6:34:29 PM
Nefhith posted...
Options -> Config -> Very Easy -> Keep your "challenge".

I mean, really? You're doing a challenge and expect it to be easy? That's why it's called a challenge. Enchant the bow, refine it-I DON'T KNOW

He does have a choice though, that sort of limits his freedom when the challenge he is trying to do is to difficult to be done on a certain difficulty level. Where's your freedom now?
---
GT: Boomer and Tank
You do good, people will hate. You do bad, people will hate. You just sit there, people will hate. Welcome to the COD community.
#6HeavyJay901Posted 3/31/2013 6:36:19 PM
Or... your not as good as you hoped you were, your placing a lot of restrictions on yourself, have you Tryed not doing that? Resident evil 1 was survival horror, you were encouraged to use your knife to same ammo. Skyrim is a open world RPG nothing really survival about it, doesn't even have the NV hardcore mode. if its to hard then lower difficulty.or put perks in your main weapons skill, or use armor take your pick.

Your Trying to make skyrim into something its not, so obviously the balance is off. But the balance is off due to your choices not the game itself.
#7Evil_SandwichPosted 3/31/2013 6:39:13 PM(edited)
If you're doing a no perk run try buying a Necklace/Ring of fortify Archery from the High Elf ladies at Radiant Raiment in Solitude.

That'll give you alittle extra damage.

EDIT: Also, try using the Bound Bow if you're not already.
#8NefhithPosted 3/31/2013 6:42:39 PM
Kant_Remoob_Eht posted...

He does have a choice though, that sort of limits his freedom when the challenge he is trying to do is to difficult to be done on a certain difficulty level. Where's your freedom now?

HeavyJay901 posted...
Or... your not as good as you hoped you were, your placing a lot of restrictions on yourself, have you Tryed not doing that? Resident evil 1 was survival horror, you were encouraged to use your knife to same ammo. Skyrim is a open world RPG nothing really survival about it, doesn't even have the NV hardcore mode. if its to hard then lower difficulty.or put perks in your main weapons skill, or use armor take your pick.

Your Trying to make skyrim into something its not, so obviously the balance is off. But the balance is off due to your choices not the game itself.

I love when someone replies for me.
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180