Dawnguard is better than Dragonborn

#31kornbeefncabagePosted 4/1/2013 10:19:10 PM
Fynox posted...
I am surprised no one is comparing the bosses.

Too be honest, Harkon is an easy fight, it is just a matter of shooting him when he bubbles, or if you are like me, use firestorm and kill him with one spell. However I will admit that it was interesting to fight a vampire lord.

Miraak offers more of a challenge as he uses shouts, including dragon aspect, cyclone, and fire breath, those are some powerful shouts, and on top of that he lobs fireballs at you, and he has three lives, last time I checked, when I killed harkon, he stayed down, Miraak, not so much, hell the player isn't even the one who kills him, it takes a daedric prince to kill him.

I haven't gotten to the dragon born stuff yet. But Harking was very challenging at times for me. Then again I have just cast invisible, crept up behind him while he talked to serana, and slit his throat.
---
GT: GUINESSGUY84
#32youngval312Posted 4/2/2013 7:54:57 AM
Miraak was more difficult as a boss, true, but as an enemy, he was completely lacking. This might just be because his quest line was so short, but he just seemed really boring. His plan was already in progress and you just show up and go "lol, no" and end it in a few hours.
---
-Val Young-
#33Fenix481Posted 4/2/2013 8:17:25 AM
My biggest complaint about Dragonborn you ask? No, well I'll tell you all anyways. I was really hoping that after going to Solstheim, there'd be more info, a quest or just plain anything about the snow elf Prince or the snow elves in general.
I realize this was asking a lot from Bethesda but how awesome would that be, especially after Dawnguard.
---
That's like roleplaying Barney as a blue dinosaur, just because you're not hardcore enough to play him purple.
If he isn't purple, he isn't Barney.
#34pcmike2Posted 4/2/2013 11:47:03 AM
silverhunter16 posted...
Ammonitida posted...
It still hasn't got boring for me. The only things that could be considered "overpowered" about the vampire lord is 'vampire grip' and 'corpse curse', and I rarely use those. You don't have to exploit the "overpowered" vampire abilities.

Has gotten boring for me either, although I do use corpse curse and vampire grip. Nothing gives you a greater sense of power than literally holding the life of your enemy in your hand, or having them frozen and helpless at your feet as you slowly drain them of their vitality.

Sure they're OP, but from a lore perceptive, they're right on point. (Even if I can't fade through ice)

me=/=most people. The forums bethesda disagree with you
---
SSBB FC:0946-1920-8546
#35DougymcPosted 4/2/2013 11:56:10 AM
Fynox posted...
I am surprised no one is comparing the bosses.

Too be honest, Harkon is an easy fight, it is just a matter of shooting him when he bubbles, or if you are like me, use firestorm and kill him with one spell. However I will admit that it was interesting to fight a vampire lord.

Miraak offers more of a challenge as he uses shouts, including dragon aspect, cyclone, and fire breath, those are some powerful shouts, and on top of that he lobs fireballs at you, and he has three lives, last time I checked, when I killed harkon, he stayed down, Miraak, not so much, hell the player isn't even the one who kills him, it takes a daedric prince to kill him.

Can't say for everybody, but for my old main Harkon was by far the bigger threat. It took roughly the same amount of time for both fights, but the difference was that Harkon actually almost killed me. Miraak barely touched me.

Same equipment for both fights, same levels, nothing overpowered, Adept difficulty.
#36Ammonitida(Topic Creator)Posted 4/4/2013 9:44:03 AM
pcmike2 posted...
silverhunter16 posted...
Ammonitida posted...
It still hasn't got boring for me. The only things that could be considered "overpowered" about the vampire lord is 'vampire grip' and 'corpse curse', and I rarely use those. You don't have to exploit the "overpowered" vampire abilities.

Has gotten boring for me either, although I do use corpse curse and vampire grip. Nothing gives you a greater sense of power than literally holding the life of your enemy in your hand, or having them frozen and helpless at your feet as you slowly drain them of their vitality.

Sure they're OP, but from a lore perceptive, they're right on point. (Even if I can't fade through ice)

me=/=most people. The forums bethesda disagree with you

You only speak for yourself.