Is being a Vampire Lord worth...

#11LockeadonPosted 4/1/2013 12:51:24 AM
also the dawnguard gets quite a few unique toys other than crossbows. they get special sun spells which can make leveling restoration much less of a chore. they get runic weapons which excel at destroying undead. they get huskies and armored trolls. the the dawnguard rune ax and the dawnguard rune shield are a potent combination, especially once the ax is fully charge. the rune hammer is also nice if you can get it to work.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider
#12Scorex_VIIPosted 4/1/2013 4:53:06 AM
Erudite Ring is a reason alone to go with the Vampire side. I think that ring is extremely underrated... 100 Magicka is a lot and the side effect is simply amazing. It regens soooo quickly, even on battle.
#13Death_GazePosted 4/1/2013 5:35:39 AM
In all honesty. I've been through both sides multiple times,playing on the Dawnguard side is completely useless. Every single bit of equipment you get from them is outclassed by anything that you can make. Runic weapons are also useless. They are decently strong in stats, but dragonbone/daedric is better.

Don't gimp yourself, always pick Vampire.
---
But the owls are still around
#14themagicpainmanPosted 4/1/2013 6:52:59 AM
Death_Gaze posted...
In all honesty. I've been through both sides multiple times,playing on the Dawnguard side is completely useless. Every single bit of equipment you get from them is outclassed by anything that you can make. Runic weapons are also useless. They are decently strong in stats, but dragonbone/daedric is better.

Unless, you know, you want to play as a vampire hunter.
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#15PootbirdPosted 4/1/2013 7:41:15 AM
themagicpainman posted...
Death_Gaze posted...

Ninja'd
---
PSN: Goldengeartwo. Steam account: Galvatron
Do you meet a reasonable person on gamefaqs very often? Oh what am I saying, of course you don't.
#16LockeadonPosted 4/1/2013 9:46:03 AM
themagicpainman posted...
Death_Gaze posted...

they seem to have similar damage to other steel weapons but that isn't the point. the point of the dawnguard rune weapons is their unique (and really good) special abilities. the dawnguard rune ax does sun damage in an aoe based on how many undead you have killed. once it is maxed at 100 undead kills its MUCH stronger than dawnbreaker (i dont remember the exact number and i just woke up so i dont want to look it up). the rune shield has an enchantment that basically gives you stendarrs aura (not sure if the version on the shield does the same damage as the spell) while you block at the cost of draining stamina. in combination this makes you a fearsome opponent against undead. the rune hammer of course is a nice way to set traps for things weak to fire. like undead.
there are more important things than base damage. although it might have been nice if they were made of something stronger alot of people only put enough points in smithing to get arcane smithing anyway, so the fact they are steel means those people dont need to make a huge investment in perks. at most elven (auriels bow etc and/or dwarven (to make/smith the better crossbows and bolts although you can just buy them from the lady once you do the relevant quests.
dragonbone requires significantly larger perk investment, which will only be an issue until we finally get patch 1.9 of course.
---
everytime i think i've seen it all...
someone does something stupider