Which first: Oblivion or Skyrim?

#1AzurrowPosted 3/31/2013 9:42:17 PM
So, I bought Oblivion and Skyrim back on Skyrim's release, and they've been sitting in my backlog since. I had played Oblivion before but only for 20 hrs or so.

So I'd like to know, having never played any other TES games if I should go in order or go straight to Skyrim. It is the one I'd rather play, but I'm afraid I wouldn't want to go back to Oblivion. If I did play Oblivion first, I'd most likely be racing to beat it to get to Skyrim. What would you do/ suggest I do?
#2CRtwentyPosted 3/31/2013 9:43:20 PM
If Skyrim is the one you'd rather play, play Skyrim first.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#3HoonDingPosted 3/31/2013 9:43:46 PM
Just play Skyrim. Oblivion's great, and it might be hard to go back to, but don't force yourself to play a game just for the sake of playing a game.
---
Don't let the dragon drag on!
#4charon78auPosted 3/31/2013 9:46:33 PM
Fair warning: there's a loading screen and some in game books that spoil the ending of Oblivion. It's not going to cause the sky to fall in or anything, but if you ever want to play Oblivion without spoilers, you may want to go play that first.

Sounds like you really just want to play Skyrim though.
---
(Im)mature Aussie gamer. Don't pay the ferry man. Don't even fix a price.
GT: Charon78
#5CRtwentyPosted 3/31/2013 9:51:17 PM
Hell Sheogorath spoils the ending of Oblivion in his Skyrim quest.
---
"I just came out of a PIE, you swooning harpy! That is totally bat-**** insane!" - Mehrunes Dagon
#6Azurrow(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:10:49 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm gonna go ahead and play though Skyrim first.
#7IamI3rianPosted 3/31/2013 10:19:55 PM
I'd just like to mention here, that's it's really hard to go backwards. If you haven't played Skyrim yet, you can play Oblivion and you won't know what you're missing.

However, going back to play Oblivion might be too frustrating. = /
---
Remember: IamI3rian told ya.
A plethora of real life problems. =' (