Can I get a house anywhere besides (spoilers)

#1Saber_TigerPosted 4/1/2013 4:23:14 PM(edited)
Can I get houses in other holds besides WhiteRun? I don't really want to live there but don't want to waste my time planning for a home which may never be available. I want to live in Solitude.
---
~* Please visit board 408-wot War on Terror, the best board on Gamefaqs*~ If you do visit, please be kind, sensible, and not disruptive.
#2SnkSolid3Posted 4/1/2013 4:26:19 PM
You can buy a home in any hold in Skyrim, plus you can get a home on Solstheim. Whiterun is by far the cheapest and easiest to get however, as the quest to become Than occurs automatically.

The Solitude home costs 25k and you'll have to go questing to become Thane.
---
I am Sisyphus, GameFaqs is my boulder
*Encouraging reasoned discussion on GFAQS since 2006*
#3The_Ivory_ManPosted 4/1/2013 4:27:44 PM
Saber_Tiger posted...
Can I get houses in other holds besides WhiteRun? I don't really want to live there but don't want to waste my time planning for a home which may never be available. I want to live in Solitude.

Solitude, Windhelm, Riften and Markarth all have homes you can buy

Morthal, Dawnstar, and Falkreath get homes from Hearthfire

Raven Rock is added in DB along with a few others
---
If you are 100% sure Redguards are the master race copy and paste this into your signature
#4Saber_Tiger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 4:30:34 PM
Thanks so much.

Can I own more than one home?
---
~* Please visit board 408-wot War on Terror, the best board on Gamefaqs*~ If you do visit, please be kind, sensible, and not disruptive.
#5SnkSolid3Posted 4/1/2013 4:32:03 PM
Saber_Tiger posted...
Thanks so much.

Can I own more than one home?

As many as you can afford.
---
#6Saber_Tiger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 4:35:44 PM
So would it be worth it to buy the home in WhiteRun so I could at least have a place to store my stuff, even though i Have a terrible reputation there?
---
#7SnkSolid3Posted 4/1/2013 4:38:38 PM
Saber_Tiger posted...
So would it be worth it to buy the home in WhiteRun so I could at least have a place to store my stuff, even though i Have a terrible reputation there?

Well if it's worth it to you. If I recall there are some other places (outside of storyline ones like Jorrvaskr and whatnot) that can be used as "home bases" that have safe storage, but I couldn't say for sure
---
#8VeezaraPosted 4/3/2013 3:40:06 PM
For storage one Hearthfire home is more than enough. You can put in a whole lot of barrels and chests. I usually get all the major hold houses but in my latest playthrough have been focussing on my homestead in The Pale. Though considering buying either Honeyside or Proudspire Manor so I can marry my housecarl.
#9Saber_Tiger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 3:46:38 PM
Yeah I am using the temple storage right now for all my books XD. I kind of want a home and can afford the WhiteRun one. Even though I Dont like the place i Do want to get married.
---
#10Saber_Tiger(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 3:47:27 PM
What's the next to get/cheapest home in an Imperial territory?
---