Problem mining Stalhrim.

#1Unbridled9Posted 4/2/2013 10:49:54 AM
I can't mine the Stalhrim. I have the Ancient Nordic Pickaxe, even have it equipped as my only weapon, but I can't mine it. It goes into the animation then just... does nothing. Please help.
---
Math with Vi!
My 2 fists - 1 of your face = 1 dead foe.
#2dooyaunastanPosted 4/2/2013 11:02:53 AM
just swing your equipped pick axe at it over and over

the animation takes forever...
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#3Unbridled9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 11:45:02 AM
So attack it, or hammer e as much as possible?
---
Math with Vi!
#4ggrissomPosted 4/2/2013 11:46:36 AM
So attack it, or hammer e as much as possible?

Thats what she said
---
PSN= MKEBrewCrew
#5Billy-De-KidPosted 4/2/2013 2:13:48 PM
Unbridled9 posted...
I can't mine the Stalhrim. I have the Ancient Nordic Pickaxe, even have it equipped as my only weapon, but I can't mine it. It goes into the animation then just... does nothing. Please help.

I had problems mining for a while, but I realised that it occured because my control stick is messed up. Like, if I flick it to the left and immediately let go of it, my character will continually go to the left.

So maybe your control stick is messed up? Make sure you are COMPLETELY still before you start mining.
---
"There's no problem you can't solve with a reasonable amount of violence" -Erin Stout
"CHEESE!!! CHEESE FOR EVERYBODY!!!" -Sheograth
#6TrialZero654Posted 4/2/2013 2:33:23 PM
dooyaunastan posted...
just swing your equipped pick axe at it over and over

the animation takes forever...

yea, just do this, you can actually "mine" any ore vein by just "attacking" it with your equipped pickaxe, you dont have to wait for the animation, stalhrim takes 6 hits to mine one stahlrim (most other ore takes 3 hits), so just swing at it 18 times to get all the stahlrim out of one vein
---
"Our glory and our downfall. Embrace the terrible risks of war; drive home the spear." - A Talent For War
GT: Trialzero
#7TheRavenKCPosted 4/2/2013 2:48:18 PM
Sometimes when I press A to start mining it takes him about 5 to 10 seconds to start, but if I press A more than once he will start then back out before ever swinging the pickaxe.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/TheRavenKC Play Like A Raven
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/TheRavenKC/
#8RawePosted 4/2/2013 5:19:53 PM
I had this issue with an ebony ore vein last night. It went into the animation of him mining but no ore was collected.
---
PS3 - Wii - 360 - PSP - PC Gamer
Intel i5-2500k - Asus P8P67 Pro B3 Rev - EVGA GTX 570 - 8GB G.SKILL RipJaws X DDR3 1600MHZ
#9Omega_GilgameshPosted 4/2/2013 6:56:47 PM
Rawe posted...
I had this issue with an ebony ore vein last night. It went into the animation of him mining but no ore was collected.

Then this might be a bug/glitch. TC, try reloading both from where you're at, and from a previous autosave.
---
The World's Most Interesting Man: I don't always herp, but when I do, I derp.
#10Unbridled9(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 12:20:40 AM
Too be honest, this whole DLC seems to be suffering from Morrowind Syndrome. Namely, that the expansion doesn't give proper explanations of key concepts (being able to mine by melee attacking), is rather bland to look at despite what should be awesome (we're on a island covered with ash full of floating jellyfish cattle fighting the first dragonborn, and everything is a dull grey. Apocratha is way more awesome and, IMO, feels much more like an Oblivion level than Morrowind), is rather glitchy (no less than three gamebreaking glitches so far that needed console commands to resolve for, as best I can tell, the fact that I downloaded a non-steam skin mod), and is underwhelming on the whole despite loads of positive reviews. Seems just like my experience with the actual Morrowind game.
---
Math with Vi!